PDA

View Full Version : General Chat when we are all 50+ years old? still into imports????

Halfwit
05-01-2007, 05:49 PM
ok so msot older people are running v8 old school cars ( what they had and what was popular when they grew up)

so when we grow up, will we convert into v8 guys? or will we be 50 year old guys at the drag strip running hondas, nisssans ect 4 cyl down the strip as our drag cars?

please explain.

Wurm
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
brett is a prime example

Halfwit
05-01-2007, 06:03 PM
not talking about show cars. i do not favor show cars, i am talking about drag racing mostly.

bigdare23
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm going to get out of the scene as soon as I start making enough money to be able to do whatever I want to my car.

(but I'm keeping the REX in a bubble forever)

Wurm
05-01-2007, 06:05 PM
not talking about show cars. i do not favor show cars, i am talking about drag racing mostly.
he can drag race in it but it might catch some major lift off

bigdare23
05-01-2007, 06:05 PM

we'll count me out then since I rarely do that :goodjob:

Halfwit
05-01-2007, 06:08 PM
he can drag race in it but it might catch some major lift off
or someone may mistake him for a lamborghini cause of his doors......

BACK ON TOPIC PLZ.

Sol-Badguy
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Honestly, I think you end up sticking with what you grew up with. I do think we'll still have the same cars, only they'll be just like the muscle cars of the 60's/70's: rare and expensive.

There will be those who will always have 'their' cars, and will keep them for a long time. You see most older car people with the cars they grew up with, old Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, GTO's, Challengers, etc. That's their car. I think we'll be the same way. Newer cars will come out. Though we may buy them for daily driving, but those who remain faithful to their 'growing-up' cars, will always have them. (And play with them.)

I know I will.

nreggie454
05-02-2007, 01:01 AM
As long as it performs well, I really don't care who makes it. However, one change that I will definitely be making when I have more cashola is to be rid of FWD forever.

Hektik
05-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Honestly, I think you end up sticking with what you grew up with. I do think we'll still have the same cars, only they'll be just like the muscle cars of the 60's/70's: rare and expensive.

There will be those who will always have 'their' cars, and will keep them for a long time. You see most older car people with the cars they grew up with, old Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, GTO's, Challengers, etc. That's their car. I think we'll be the same way. Newer cars will come ou. Though we may buy them for daily driving, but those who remain faithful to their 'growing-up' cars, will always have them. (And play with them.)

I know I will.

agreed completely

ironchef
05-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Im going to laugh when im watching barrett jackson in like 25-30 years, and they bring out like a unmodified low mileage 98 240sx out, and it sells for $200k.

Sol-Badguy
05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Im going to laugh when im watching barrett jackson in like 25-30 years, and they bring out like a unmodified low mileage 98 240sx out, and it sells for $200k.
:lmfao:

Jecht
05-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Idk, I'm the kinda person who will buy an electric when I can afford it. I'll probably be one of the first people to autocross an electric car. The only older car I will keep around when I'm older is an old Beetle.

Halfwit
05-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Idk, I'm the kinda person who will buy an electric when I can afford it. I'll probably be one of the first people to autocross an electric car. The only older car I will keep around when I'm older is an old Beetle.
jsut remember there is a reason ppl dont autocross electric cars. i dont know what it is, but i know there is one.

Sol-Badguy
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
jsut remember there is a reason ppl dont autocross electric cars. i dont know what it is, but i know there is one.
:lmao:

Ran
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
jsut remember there is a reason ppl dont autocross electric cars. i dont know what it is, but i know there is one.Autocrossing electric cars is fine. It's drifting that you have to worry about. By sliding the car across the pavement the car builds up a charge, much like static electricity. The overabundance of electricity in the car can overload the ion batteries and cause the car to erupt in a massive electromagnetic discharge. It's not pretty. Imagine sliding across the carpet in your socks and then having your head explode. It's a lot like that.

Halfwit
05-02-2007, 06:11 PM
scratch my last post.

MAGIUS- I THINK YOU SHOULD DRIFT AN ELECTRIC CAR, YOULL BE ORIGINAL AND JDM. DONT LISTEN TO RAN KIZAMA HES TRYNA DISCOURAGE YOU. HAPPY DRIFTING.

OneSlow5pt0
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
i think RX-7s,Supras,skylines and Z cars will be worth alot in 50 years

imbosile
05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
scratch my last post.

MAGIUS- I THINK YOU SHOULD DRIFT AN ELECTRIC CAR, YOULL BE ORIGINAL AND JDM. DONT LISTEN TO RAN KIZAMA HES TRYNA DISCOURAGE YOU. HAPPY DRIFTING.

hahahaha go mary!!!shift+1!111

ironchef
05-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Autocrossing electric cars is fine. It's drifting that you have to worry about. By sliding the car across the pavement the car builds up a charge, much like static electricity. The overabundance of electricity in the car can overload the ion batteries and cause the car to erupt in a massive electromagnetic discharge. It's not pretty. Imagine sliding across the carpet in your socks and then having your head explode. It's a lot like that.How is that charge going to transfer to the batteries through rubber tires.

OneSlow5pt0
05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
their is a electric car,that has 0-60 under 5 sec and top speed of 160+..shits bad,cant remember the name,saw it on TV,think on history channel

Jecht
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
scratch my last post.

:lmao:

Ran
05-03-2007, 06:04 AM
How is that charge going to transfer to the batteries through rubber tires.Pfft, rubber tires will have been a thing of the past. Duh. :D

Mr_Mischif
05-03-2007, 07:54 AM
their is a electric car,that has 0-60 under 5 sec and top speed of 160+..shits bad,cant remember the name,saw it on TV,think on history channel

You're prolly thinking of the tesla roadster.

OneSlow5pt0
05-03-2007, 11:32 AM
You're prolly thinking of the tesla roadster.

yea,thats it...cool car

Sol-Badguy
05-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Pfft, rubber tires will have been a thing of the past. Duh. :D
Polyurethane ftw. :lmao:

T34me
05-04-2007, 10:39 PM
good thread, i cant stand most new cars. Too many electronics, not even enough room to get your hands greasy in the engine bay. I cant wait to rock our cars 25+ years from now

igot3240
05-05-2007, 12:02 AM
yeah too round i dont like

Sol-Badguy
05-07-2007, 01:17 PM
yeah too round i dont like
Oh, me round eye now? :2up:

CSquared
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah i'm a big fan of the older import cars... barring some unforseen accident i will have this thing until the day i die.

Kyle
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I imagine I will still like what I like now, I am not sure what I will drive. Most older people still like muscle cars but most of them have grown up and bought a more functional car.

quickdodge®
05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
ok so msot older people are running v8 old school cars ( what they had and what was popular when they grew up)

so when we grow up, will we convert into v8 guys? or will we be 50 year old guys at the drag strip running hondas, nisssans ect 4 cyl down the strip as our drag cars?

please explain.

I'll be able to actually answer that in just a few years, lolol. Later, QD.

Halfwit
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
ppl missed what i was mostly refering to.

when u get older" u tend to have a little bit more money, and if cars happen to be your habit, u may build a drag car ( like many of the older gentlmen with foxbodys, novas, cudas, ect.)

i was wondering if we will be a bunch of old ppl running 240sx's, toyotas, old hondas ect as DRAG cars.

TIGERJC
05-07-2007, 08:46 PM
I see myself road racing a 93 mr2 turbo when I am in my 50's

Kyle
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM

when u get older" u tend to have a little bit more money, and if cars happen to be your habit, u may build a drag car ( like many of the older gentlmen with foxbodys, novas, cudas, ect.)

i was wondering if we will be a bunch of old ppl running 240sx's, toyotas, old hondas ect as DRAG cars.
Ah.... Okay, well then...

When I get older I would like to have an old school vw for autocross and track. Other than that I dont really know.

nreggie454
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM

Maybe, but they will still be losing to the ones who owned/still own Trans-Ams, Camaros, Cobras, and the other big V8s of our time. Because of that, there could be some, but they won't be nearly as widespread as the domestics of our era.

Don't flame, it's the truth. Japanese imports can be made great for drag racing, but they don't stack up against American muscle in the long run. Other forms of racing are totally different stories, so I can definitely see many of the Japanese imports of our time making a good showing in those.

OneSlow5pt0
05-07-2007, 11:41 PM
well,arnt 2000GTs worth alot?and 60's skylines and old celicas,RX-3s...their getting restored and getting dencent money

White Lude
05-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I think that you graduate to more expensive, more powerful cars like in my case, I would like a 2006 BMW M3

2micro4u
05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I for myself will be into imports like the Japanese even when im well over 50. Hopefully till the day I die. But would be on a different scale. My style now is more on the Tuner style once I get middle aged it will be VIP styling that I will be going for and exotic cars.
But to answer your question I believe imports are here to stay. And the die hard fans will collect or store their favorite old school cars during their time and focus on keeping them original as possible.

BlkCD5
05-27-2007, 07:04 PM
:werd: I"ll still be into imports 20+ years from now. The manufacturers are fucking up too much imo. Most ofl the news cars they brought back from the dead aren't up to par with the classic cars. They always come out overweight,a little slower, funky styling and with more "useless" electronics that seem like you're flying a boeing 747.

Halfwit
05-27-2007, 07:08 PM
I for myself will be into imports like the Japanese even when im well over 50. Hopefully till the day I die. But would be on a different scale. My style now is more on the Tuner style once I get middle aged it will be VIP styling that I will be going for and exotic cars.
But to answer your question I believe imports are here to stay. And the die hard fans will collect or store their favorite old school cars during their time and focus on keeping them original as possible.
GOTCHA!!!!!!

WHAT DO U MEAN THE JAPANESE ARE INTO IMPORTS? most japanese ppl drive domestics.

they cant be an "import" if their country of origin, is the country they are driven in.

what u jsut said is like calling a mustang an import car in america.

CSquared
05-28-2007, 04:05 PM
GOTCHA!!!!!!

WHAT DO U MEAN THE JAPANESE ARE INTO IMPORTS? most japanese ppl drive domestics.

they cant be an "import" if their country of origin, is the country they are driven in.

what u jsut said is like calling a mustang an import car in america.

dude... he was saying he likes japense imports to the u.s.

not that japanese like import vehicles in japan.

afwfjustin
05-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Does this mean we will still have fart can civics running around 30 years from now? :lmfao:

cactusEG
05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
i think i might be that old guy with his honda...

GSRteg®
05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Yea, we all are watch and see.... Kids in that time are going to be like wow it runs on gas.... my dad thought me about that lol :lmfao:

GSRteg®
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
x2

i think i might be that old guy with his honda...

GSRteg®
05-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Yea, but they will be considered classic's (Old school baby ) lol :lmfao:

Does this mean we will still have fart can civics running around 30 years from now? :lmfao:

BluesClues
05-30-2007, 04:31 PM
That is a good question that you ask Casey. I don't really know the answer for that in my case. If my life goes as planned, I wouldn't have time for it. I will have a family and be a pyschotherapist. Just don't know right now. Too far ahead to tell

OneSlow5pt0
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
the classic imports probbly in the next 50 years will be:

(55-04)Skylines
(79-02)RX-7s
(?-99)Supras
(70-77)Celicas
2000GTs
280Z
300ZX
NSX
1st gen miata
RX-3s
RX-4s
Cosmos

i think all those will be top Japanesse Classics

spacelion
06-04-2007, 01:41 PM

There will be those who will always have 'their' cars, and will keep them for a long time. You see most older car people with the cars they grew up with, old Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, GTO's, Challengers, etc. That's their car. I think we'll be the same way. Newer cars will come out. Though we may buy them for daily driving, but those who remain faithful to their 'growing-up' cars, will always have them. (And play with them.)

I know I will.

I agree completely. Trying to talk my dad into getting one of the cars from his youth so he can build it. But I know I'd probably stick with imports throughout. It really depends on the person though. There are some people that modify/build there cars because it's just something to do or whatever, but then there are people that do it because they have a passion, which is the category that I'd fall into. It's just something that is engraved in me.

VooDooXII
06-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh, I'll be into imports...Jaguars, TVRs, Audis, Range Rovers...

BuBBa DRiFT
06-14-2007, 03:38 AM
just ask QD...

SPOOLIN
06-14-2007, 07:55 AM
the classic imports probbly in the next 50 years will be:

(55-04)Skylines
(79-02)RX-7s
(?-99)Supras
(70-77)Celicas
2000GTs
280Z
300ZX
NSX
1st gen miata
RX-3s
RX-4s
Cosmos

i think all those will be top Japanesse Classics

s2000 will be one.

this thread makes me wanna find an old lady selling a EG hatch and store it away and restore it to perfect condition sometime in the near future.

GSRteg®
06-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Yup, we will al the running in our little fart cans lol. All the kids then will be like cool I seen cars like that in movies before. Oh, and whats VTEC? lol

cactusEG
06-14-2007, 08:54 AM
just ask QD...

lol thats the funnist shit i've heard from u lol :lmfao:

B0snian
06-25-2007, 12:47 AM
I wonder if cars later on are going to run by themselves like on sensors, and shit.

VooDooXII
06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
I wonder if cars later on are going to run by themselves like on sensors, and shit.

Aw hell no...that's the last thing I wish for.