PDA

View Full Version : China Mountains

Pher
06-30-2005, 09:15 PM
On Tuesday after work I took a bus to a place called the ErMai Mountains. This place was amazing. It took us 2 days to climb this mountain and my legs are absolutely killing me for it now. But the stuff I got to see along the way was well worth it. At the peak of the mountain I took a few pictures and you can tell that I am actually ABOVE the clouds.
Then there were the monkeys... These guys were absolutely wild monkeys that jumped on our backs and took the water bottles attached to our backpacks. And then proceeded to consume our water like a human.
I can only post a few pictures at a time because of my horrible connection.

Thanks for viewing.

Pher
06-30-2005, 09:37 PM

Ex_Vtec_Girl
06-30-2005, 11:18 PM
what the hell are those in the first picture???

those monkeys kick ass! some beautiful pictures!

Pher
07-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Oops, forgot to explain those... Sorry Michele. :)
As I said, it took two days to climb to the top. So on the first night we went out to eat and the dish of choice was rabbit head. We had 3 a piece and Mmmmmm they were good. The second picture was taken at the hotel that we stayed at on the first night with my friend Amanda. We were told that sunrise on this mountain was beautiful so we decided to say up all night. And that picture was the result of Deep Sleprivation and Chinese rice wine. ;)

Pher
07-01-2005, 06:50 AM
And the picture of the monkey about to climb up someones back is my friend John that came over to visit from the US. He seriously had to check his pants afterwards because of an orangutan horror story we had heard about the night before.

Cliff
07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
awesome pictures buddy

Ex_Vtec_Girl
07-01-2005, 09:29 AM
ewwww...rabbit head? that's almost as bad as cow stomach or intestines or whatever!

haha, you & your friend amanda don't make cute monkeys! :D

Pher
07-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks Cliff.

Actually the rabbit head was pretty good. It was just a little strange how you have to eat it though. They split it in half right down the middle and you eat the meat off of the jaw bone. There is a little more meet elsewhere but I decided not to chase after it. However, the best part was the brain. ;)

Oh come on, thats the best cross eyed monkey I can make!

The Yousef
07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
dude those pics are amazing! o/t just curious what are you doing in china btw?

yousef

Pher
07-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Im working for an IT company in Chengdu skinny. Glad you liked the pics. I tried posting more this morning but my connection wouldn't let me. I have even taken the pics from 1.5 megs down to about 50k and I still cant get them to upload.
ex_vtec_girl posted some for me about a month ago too. I'll post more when I can.

SwiftGTiRacer
07-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Awesome pics. Makes me want to go visit China.

Swifty

Ex_Vtec_Girl
07-09-2005, 01:05 AM
chris, you can e-mail them to me if it'll work & i'll post them on here for you

Repost Squintz
07-09-2005, 10:20 AM
nice pix man.

AtifSajid
07-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Chris..those are some amazing pics man. Seems like your having a good ass time over there. sounds like real good experience...hollar at that chinese girl in that pic with you, she's looking cute...