PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with school boards these days?

Alan®
04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I am graduating this year from whitewater high school as part of the inagural class of that school :goodjob: . In the last 4 years of attending there every year the great principal Mr. Stillions has brought each grade into the auditorium and has gone over the student hand book going over basic rules and regulations i.e. no drugs gangs :blah: but what has always pissed me off is the rule regarding fights in school. According to my student hand book and the principal state that if you are involved in a fight you will be arrested expelled from school and will have to face a tribunal which consists of members of the board of education :eek: . Now what gets me is that in all this it doesnt matter if you started the fight or not all parties involved face the same punishment and process. It was asked my sophmore year well wait a sec what happens if you get into an arguement with someone and they throw a punch at you and start beating your head like a punching bag and you hit back in self defensive. According to him and the student resource officer it doesn't matter in school there is no such thing as self defense.

This is to me is rather ridiculous. If you are anywhere else and that cituation happened it would determined by the responding officers to be self defense no arrest or anything why should this not be true in school.if a child is attacked in school and no one is arround to respond or no one can respond quick enough and the attacker beats the childs head in causing sever brain damadge the school and the attacker can be heald liable.

Does anyone think this is right :thinking: . Discuss

IndianStig
04-30-2007, 11:13 PM
school=owned. thank god for only a month left.

Alan®
04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
werd.........

VooDooXII
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
...what has always pissed me off is the rule regarding fights in school. According to my student hand book and the principal state that if you are involved in a fight you will be arrested expelled from school and will have to face a tribunal which consists of members of the board of education :eek: ...
This is to me is rather ridiculous...

I've heard idiotic things like this. You can get busted for breaking up a fight...you can even get nailed if you're collateral damage!

It's just easier for them to process kids...since people are going to tell sixteen different stories. They don't care at all...they just think, "You shouldn't be involved in any fight, whatever the reason."

Alan®
05-01-2007, 12:02 AM
yea its ridiculous because when everything is said and done if you were the one defending yourself you spend thousands on a lawyer and that at the end of the day you are still expelled from school

TIGERJC
05-01-2007, 12:07 AM
THATS zero tolerance for you. Thats why most fights happen after school off of school property

Alan®
05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
THATS zero tolerance for you. Thats why most fights happen after school off of school property
i was woundering if you were gonna weigh in considering you live in fayette county but this is true ahhhh fights at the movie theatre brings back fond memories :gay:

.blank cd
05-01-2007, 01:04 AM
yea its ridiculous because when everything is said and done if you were the one defending yourself you spend thousands on a lawyer and that at the end of the day you are still expelled from school

If i was to spend thousands on a laywer id have that shit wiped off my school record, provided I was acting in self defense and since its highschool and usually people are under 18, soon as they turn 18 it goes away anyways. Rules and regulations in schools are pretty stupid though

Stormhammer
05-01-2007, 03:36 AM
its zero tolerance, but once you go to the tribunal they let you go - I got suspended and paneled for literally giving this druggy chick vitamins and she claimed I had given her a caffiene pill, my word against hers - they reviewed my record in the school, A's and B's, high GPA, never in detention or cause of any trouble - just had to go to two nights of druggies anonymous or whatever ( bwahahaha it was so great ) and taht was that, never had to pay a dime]

but for what you're saying, because its held on school grounds the school is liable, so thinka bout it like this, the guy starts to beat you up, and in self defense, you completely and utterly wail his ass to a bloody pulp - see the issue? Now you're the bad guy in the end :yes:

civic95
05-01-2007, 05:49 AM
Moral of the story... Don't piss off anyone.

RandomGuy
05-01-2007, 05:51 AM
its zero tolerance, but once you go to the tribunal they let you go - I got suspended and paneled for literally giving this druggy chick vitamins and she claimed I had given her a caffiene pill, my word against hers - they reviewed my record in the school, A's and B's, high GPA, never in detention or cause of any trouble - just had to go to two nights of druggies anonymous or whatever ( bwahahaha it was so great ) and taht was that, never had to pay a dime]

but for what you're saying, because its held on school grounds the school is liable, so thinka bout it like this, the guy starts to beat you up, and in self defense, you completely and utterly wail his ass to a bloody pulp - see the issue? Now you're the bad guy in the end :yes:
lol heres justin from high school he's the one on the left

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4025679232319272464

Alan®
05-01-2007, 06:56 AM

still self defense though

AgentEasy
05-01-2007, 07:00 AM
lol heres justin from high school he's the one on the left

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4025679232319272464

thats what happens when you DONT drink your milk.. lol

Wal-Mart
05-01-2007, 07:37 AM
What even more fucked up is that if a feud starts at school and a fight ensues in a off-campus location, you can still be held liable at school as if you never left. It least that happened at my HS way back when.

NewGen33
05-01-2007, 07:42 AM
For the most part its the same at my school and I got to do it all over again next year. Just go somewhere after school and fight, problem solved. The schools say most of these types of things just to make you paranoid about fighting.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2007, 07:44 AM
lol i remember shit like taht^^ people used to setup fights for after school like 10 miles away and if the cops rolled up they still got in trouble at school.. even if they did or didn't plan it in school lol.. wtf gay shit.. that's why i was always cool with everybody..:D

Alan®
05-01-2007, 10:49 AM
as far as getting in trouble at school for fights that happened off campus it has happened here too. and that is also retarded how do schools get away with this so what if i go and car jack another student on top of being arrested im gonna get expelled for something that didnt happen on school property its retarded

Sol-Badguy
05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
In my district, back when I was in school, you got in trouble for fighting at ANY BUS STOP because even that was considered school property to them.

Ran
05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
What the hell is wrong with school boards these days? Short Answer = A lot

Crazy Asian
05-01-2007, 12:10 PM
if you want to fight so bad...goto LAUSD los angeles unified school district. They really dont give a shit because everyone fights and it not common to see at least 10 a day.

HeLLo iM iZzY
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Im servin my time at the Give Center for fightin. But my wasn't self defense, I just kinda beat up on him, lol. And plus it was my 4th fight in Gwinnet Co. They say your records "clear" when you enter HS but BS ! They looked at it all at my panel.

Stormhammer
05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
still self defense though

self defense or not, its zero tolerance in any case - just like how I got suspended for flinstone vitamins, they were considered pills, therefore under the zero tolerance i got suspended and paneled

Alan®
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
see now thats again bullshit

eraser4g63
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Why i carried a gun, gonna go out do it with a bang...(no pun intended)

Nismo
05-02-2007, 01:05 AM
^ lol
That zero tolerance is bullshit. Thank god i got out of HS years ago. Did the drop the bar like I have heard that a 60 is now a passing grade of a D?

98silver328i
05-02-2007, 03:20 AM
It gets more ridiculous than that. In Gwinnett County schools, if an argument is started at school and a fight happens off campus as a result of that argument, they can suspend/expel you. If you're off campus and say anything inappropriate to any faculty member, they'll give you consequences. The school systems around here think they're entitled to do whatever they want. They always think they have the ultimate authority. That's why I'm glad I'm done with that bs.