PDA

View Full Version : Car accident today

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
At around 2pm today (going to work) I got into a car accident at 92 and molly lane. Made a left hand turn (onto molly lane) during a yellow light..... car going straight looked to be stopping then as I'm going through the intersection it appeared to have sped up. Got hit on my front right fender straight on. My car moved 2 lanes back almost into a cement divider which divides right turning and straight for the other road onto 92.

I received a ticket for failure to yield. If the other driver never received one I want to dispute his speed by a skid test which the police were suppose to do. If they did not I want some kind of reason as to why not.... Cobb county is suppose to run a skid test on all intersection accidents I seriously hope Cherokee County has to!

More than half my body is in pain which started well after the accident when I got to work. I came out of the car fine but I guess the shock and adrenaline hid the pain till my body could catch up to reality.
Both parties (me and old Indian guy who worked at a BP) came out with minor pains.

But I want to fight this if he never received a ticket.... in order for him to have crossed the intersection he would have had to of done 80MPH! It was yellow for 2 seconds already.... I would have made it through but he hit me. He should get running red light and other ****.

Will have pics soon.

SEAN
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
good luck with that...if you were cited and not him I don't think you are going to win...

T34me
04-30-2007, 09:42 PM
yeah man, it sucks, but i dont think you will be able to convince the piggies to go back out and do a skid test

Shawna
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
wow that sux ppl are crazy when they drive through that area

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
yeah man, it sucks, but i dont think you will be able to convince the piggies to go back out and do a skid test

I was told if intersection accidents skid tests are required?

Pics....

Car on tow truck
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=21585&size=big&sort=1&cat=500
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/500/7273IMAGE_049-med.jpg

http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/500/7273IMAGE_050-med.jpg

http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/500/7273IMAGE_051-med.jpg

http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/500/7273IMAGE_052-med.jpg

My thumb 10 minutes ago
http://www.v6performance.net/gallery/data/500/7273IMAGE_055-med.jpg

Shawna
04-30-2007, 09:52 PM
damn dude that sux

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
no kidding... :2up: drivers who love to speed up through yellow lights!!!!

Shawna
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
oooo and it doesnt matter the person turning left is always at fault...at least cherokee sees it that way

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
on top of all that.. .my center console got cracked where my e-brake is!

Shawna
04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
lol i live off of towne lake pkwy and i avoid that whole area... ill take back roads

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
If you can find me a back road to OfficeMax PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME!

Shawna
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
where are you coming from?

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 09:58 PM
where are you coming from?

Tickum... I live on Wigly road... take trickum to 92 then 92 to molly lane or woodstock sq ave

Shawna
04-30-2007, 10:00 PM
you live behind walmart right on the cobb county side?

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
you live behind walmart right on the cobb county side?
more towards sandy plains.

Ruiner
04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Man, that will be a tough one. Technically, you aren't supposed to "enter" an intersection (as he did from what you said) if the light is yellow. Yellow only means to CLEAR the intersection, not enter it. However, he could argue that stopping suddenly might have caused a wreck behind him as the light changed just as he was approaching the intersection. I'm afraid that there is probably nothing that you can do given the "devil's advocate" view that I am offering.

Shawna
04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
oooo i know where you live lol i call that rd the funny named rd..... ur screwd 92 is honestly your best bet all the way there

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Man, that will be a tough one. Technically, you aren't supposed to "enter" an intersection (as he did from what you said) if the light is yellow. Yellow only means to CLEAR the intersection, not enter it. However, he could argue that stopping suddenly might have caused a wreck behind him as the light changed just as he was approaching the intersection. I'm afraid that there is probably nothing that you can do given the "devil's advocate" view that I am offering.

I entered before he did.

well I do have a friend in Cherokee county (which is where the accident was in) police dept and i will talk to him.

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
oooo i know where you live lol i call that rd the funny named rd..... ur screwd 92 is honestly your best bet all the way there

NO U DONT! Funny named road? why?

Shawna
04-30-2007, 10:07 PM
lol i can never remember what its called lol i describe it as turn there at the funny named rd

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:09 PM
lol i can never remember what its called lol i describe it as turn there at the funny named rd

You mean, wigly? or Jamerson? or Shallowford? or Shilo? all same road... and even more names after it crosses wade green.

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:16 PM
oh yeah and 12 days from now is my trip out fo the country... 16 days till my bitrhday and 26 days till a car meet (V6Performance.net primarilly accords) in TN.

AlanŽ
04-30-2007, 10:20 PM
damn man that sucks but i highly doubt that dude was doin anywhere near 80 otherwise your shit would be totaled

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
damn man that sucks but i highly doubt that dude was doin anywhere near 80 otherwise your shit would be totaled

well i said for him to go through without it being red would have been 80... im thinking around 60mph.

AlanŽ
04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
im thinking even less than that but i dont know that area too well so idont know like how many lanes speed limit traffic density etc. just stating my opinion

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:31 PM
im thinking even less than that but i dont know that area too well so idont know like how many lanes speed limit traffic density etc. just stating my opinion

6 lane divided..... 45mph limit. downhill for him. the other road is total of 4 lanes.... 2 outter lanes (1 each side) are blocked by cement for turning only. then two lanes of straight traffic 1 each direction and both allow for the left turning to go into it.

ccash7
04-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm so sorry your honda got jacked up. :gay:

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 10:53 PM
he wasn't going over 60 tough shit how old or how long have you been driving you are responsible for your own car you don't want it wrecked wait until the car that is coming at you stops. i know sounds easy enough why do so many people get in wrecks this way what was your rush? it that car was going 80 and got in the side of you. you wouldn't be bithin about it now and your friend would be really fucked up. hate to be a dick but damn if u stop and look at it from the outside you might be able to see my point.
don't get me wrong the jackass that hit you needs to be bitch slapped as well IF they could have stopped safely. also in ga at most intersections you are able to make a left on red if you are in the intersection all u had to do is wait for the shit head to pass then safely go about your way. the other drivers will wait for you to get the fuck out of the way. sorry about the car just be glad that is all that happened.

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 10:58 PM
he wasn't going over 60 tough shit how old or how long have you been driving you are responsible for your own car you don't want it wrecked wait until the car that is coming at you stops. i know sounds easy enough why do so many people get in wrecks this way what was your rush? it that car was going 80 and got in the side of you. you wouldn't be bithin about it now and your friend would be really fucked up. hate to be a dick but damn if u stop and look at it from the outside you might be able to see my point.
don't get me wrong the jackass that hit you needs to be bitch slapped as well IF they could have stopped safely. also in ga at most intersections you are able to make a left on red if you are in the intersection all u had to do is wait for the shit head to pass then safely go about your way. the other drivers will wait for you to get the fuck out of the way. sorry about the car just be glad that is all that happened.

Did I say he was going 80? No i said to go through the intersection without it being red on him he would have to go 80. And GA you are not suppose to enter the intersection unless you canget through without being caught inside it before it hits red. Thats how you can get a ticket for being past the white line at an intersection if the cop is a dick! I know a few cops.

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for your civilized post also. I wonder why I never post on here anymore as well as a lot of other people I know.

AlanŽ
04-30-2007, 11:16 PM
i promise you im not picking on you tonight just in an argumentitive mood and you just happen to be on the opposite side of the fence on all the threads ive read so far

in this docs defensive im sure that with his buddy in the car he wasnt fully paying attention and probably was not able to judge the velocity of the approaching car which would still put doc at fault but in drivers ed and every defensive driving course ive taken i have always been taught that if you are coming to an intersection where there is a left turning if at all possible stop at the light if you can do it safely because you never know if that guy in the left turning lane will try to go for it which in this case it is so in this incident the other drive could be charged with aggressive driving or road rage or wreckless driving or whatever it is down here in NJ its aggressive driving.

DeadDoc
04-30-2007, 11:19 PM
i promise you im not picking on you tonight just in an argumentitive mood and you just happen to be on the opposite side of the fence on all the threads ive read so far

in this docs defensive im sure that with his buddy in the car he wasnt fully paying attention and probably was not able to judge the velocity of the approaching car which would still put doc at fault but in drivers ed and every defensive driving course ive taken i have always been taught that if you are coming to an intersection where there is a left turning if at all possible stop at the light if you can do it safely because you never know if that guy in the left turning lane will try to go for it which in this case it is so in this incident the other drive could be charged with aggressive driving or road rage or wreckless driving or whatever it is down here in NJ its aggressive driving.

TO make clearifcation... each car had 1 person.. driver only. and from what I could see the car was slowing down.

AlanŽ
04-30-2007, 11:20 PM
god my fucking reading skills suck today i feel stupid now lol sorry lead foot and doc for the begining of my argument being stupid just reading leafoots post i thought you had someone in your car doc

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 11:21 PM
oh well in that case.........

keevo54
04-30-2007, 11:29 PM
You have absolutely no chance, sorry. Where your car was hit, the front right fender makes it appear as though you cut him off, which you did. No matter his speed there was no reason for going on a yellow light because some people hesitate and it is hard to estimate speed. Calculating the speed of the other car will not happen due to expense, and the fact that you failed to yield clearly shows you were at fault.

Also, not to nitpick, but your argument about him not being able to go through the light without the light turning red is weak because you are also showing you would not have made it through the light before it turned red, so you'll are both guilty of running the light. You just failed to yiled and that made all the difference.

Z32redondo
04-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Not meaning to be a dick but price on rims/tires??? Sorry about the wreck though man indian drivers suck.

DeadDoc
05-02-2007, 12:43 AM
You have absolutely no chance, sorry. Where your car was hit, the front right fender makes it appear as though you cut him off, which you did. No matter his speed there was no reason for going on a yellow light because some people hesitate and it is hard to estimate speed. Calculating the speed of the other car will not happen due to expense, and the fact that you failed to yield clearly shows you were at fault.

Also, not to nitpick, but your argument about him not being able to go through the light without the light turning red is weak because you are also showing you would not have made it through the light before it turned red, so you'll are both guilty of running the light. You just failed to yiled and that made all the difference.

No harm in trying because insurance wont do squat unless the other person is found to have fault. Therefore the car is ours and no money will be given back. Neighbor is also apparently an auto lawyer so he might be able to get something worked out. I know someone on this site will respond drive better. or something smart ass like that (thats the way of IA apparently); well most people will get into at least 1 accident in their life if not more or something else of that style of nature. Shit happens. Do what you can to stay afloat. We are only human and we are not perfect, if we were perfect then the world would obviously be a different place.

Rims retailed for $300 or so a piece and are no longer available in that color. Warranty on the do not cover accident damage, just minor damage like slight curbage and such. Tires about $100-$300 depending on which one.... ASX's ran about $120 Coopers have no clue those were only put on because I ate up my ASX's in front and needed new tires that moment.

We are thinking he was actually on the clock because he was in my store right before the accident buying supplies for his job.

GIXXERDK
05-02-2007, 01:28 AM
People like you kill motorcyclists everyday. No sympathy here, STUPID HURTS

DeadDoc
05-02-2007, 09:33 AM
People like you kill motorcyclists everyday. No sympathy here, STUPID HURTS

Ok name one motorcyclists I have killed and I will accept that comment, because you do not know who I am. I love people like you who think you know who everyone is.

GIXXERDK
05-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Ok name one motorcyclists I have killed and I will accept that comment, because you do not know who I am. I love people like you who think you know who everyone is.

Can you not read a simple sentence? "People like you" aka left hand turners. :rolleyes:

onebadgt
05-02-2007, 11:10 AM
that sux

passwordATL
05-02-2007, 11:18 AM
could have been worse

DeadDoc
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Can you not read a simple sentence? "People like you" aka left hand turners. :rolleyes:

So you hate yourself? Im sure you have made more than 1 left hand turn before.

bigpimpatl
05-03-2007, 12:36 PM
DeadDoc, I completely feel your pain. The same exact thing happened to me last year, no joke.

I was on fulton industrial boulevard turning onto cascade rd, the same situation you were in. I was committed to the turn and the light was turning yellow. On the other side I noticed that one of the cars on the left lane had slowed down to stop. There was a truck next to him, but he was farther back, so I'm like OK, he won't make it in time and the light will turn red long before. WRONG. the light turned red, and the truck driver was still quite a good 75 feet away. I take the turn, and the stupid mexican driver of a FUCKING ICE CREAM TRUCK hits me at the tail end of my van. The van did a nice 180 degree spin and it literally fell down on my side, the drivers side, and rolled over. I honestly never thought I would get the ticket; the mexican driving the truck was going a hella fast. He didn't horn, and he didn't put on his brakes (didn't see any skid marks). I thought it was complete horse shit. Luckily, I didn't get a scratch (I wasn't wearing a seatbelt either, but even if I did it would have had no effect as the car turned on my side).

Well, I had to pay $100 fine. not bad really, and insurance took care of everything.

Really sorry to hear this man, I know exactly how you feel.

quickdodgeŽ
05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
no kidding... :2up: drivers who love to speed up through yellow lights!!!!

Hmmm. Isn't that what you did. Went through a yellow light? Later, QD.

SLOWLYbtngU
05-03-2007, 03:52 PM
At around 2pm today (going to work) I got into a car accident at 92 and molly lane. Made a left hand turn (onto molly lane) during a yellow light..... car going straight looked to be stopping then as I'm going through the intersection it appeared to have sped up. Got hit on my front right fender straight on. My car moved 2 lanes back almost into a cement divider which divides right turning and straight for the other road onto 92.

I received a ticket for failure to yield. If the other driver never received one I want to dispute his speed by a skid test which the police were suppose to do. If they did not I want some kind of reason as to why not.... Cobb county is suppose to run a skid test on all intersection accidents I seriously hope Cherokee County has to!

More than half my body is in pain which started well after the accident when I got to work. I came out of the car fine but I guess the shock and adrenaline hid the pain till my body could catch up to reality.
Both parties (me and old Indian guy who worked at a BP) came out with minor pains.

But I want to fight this if he never received a ticket.... in order for him to have crossed the intersection he would have had to of done 80MPH! It was yellow for 2 seconds already.... I would have made it through but he hit me. He should get running red light and other ****.

Will have pics soon.

Sorry to say this, but he had the right of way. Doesnt matter what his speed was. You should have been watching to make sure that your car would have accelerated faster than what it did, or and this is a big OR...Just waited for the green arrow to tell you to go.

I lost my 240 this way so I am sorry but the other guy will win. Regardless of his speed

SLOWLYbtngU
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Damn, I cant rep u...

That is exactly what this girl tried to argue with me...She said I ran the red light..I was like well hell, then you must have done the same thing...Cuz there sure as hell wasnt a turn arrow for you. /rant

SLOWLYbtngU
05-03-2007, 04:01 PM
DeadDoc, I completely feel your pain. The same exact thing happened to me last year, no joke.

I was on fulton industrial boulevard turning onto cascade rd, the same situation you were in. I was committed to the turn and the light was turning yellow. On the other side I noticed that one of the cars on the left lane had slowed down to stop. There was a truck next to him, but he was farther back, so I'm like OK, he won't make it in time and the light will turn red long before. WRONG. the light turned red, and the truck driver was still quite a good 75 feet away. I take the turn, and the stupid mexican driver of a FUCKING ICE CREAM TRUCK hits me at the tail end of my van. The van did a nice 180 degree spin and it literally fell down on my side, the drivers side, and rolled over. I honestly never thought I would get the ticket; the mexican driving the truck was going a hella fast. He didn't horn, and he didn't put on his brakes (didn't see any skid marks). I thought it was complete horse shit. Luckily, I didn't get a scratch (I wasn't wearing a seatbelt either, but even if I did it would have had no effect as the car turned on my side).

Well, I had to pay $100 fine. not bad really, and insurance took care of everything.

Really sorry to hear this man, I know exactly how you feel.

Aww...Damn those "mexicans" huh??

-rep

DeadDoc
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM

No I went through under the speed limit... i was referring to those who speed through it (20-30+ over speed limit) sorry.

SLOWLYbtngU
05-03-2007, 05:20 PM
No I went through under the speed limit... i was referring to those who speed through it (20-30+ over speed limit) sorry.
Why the HELL WOULD YOU TAKE A YELLOW LIGHT UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT??????

So I get it now....It is ok to run a read light as long as it is more like a jog through it??? Get the fuck outta here...

DeadDoc
05-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Why the HELL WOULD YOU TAKE A YELLOW LIGHT UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT??????

So I get it now....It is ok to run a read light as long as it is more like a jog through it??? Get the fuck outta here...

25-30 mph... thats enough to get through them.

SLOWLYbtngU
05-03-2007, 10:47 PM
25-30 mph... thats enough to get through them.
You do know that you are saying that it is ok to take a YELLOW light turning onto a road crossing the intersection at 25-30mph....

And then you wonder why you got hit....Ummm yeah. UHhhhhh....Ur not very smart... It sucks that you got hit...But u deserved it with your rational...

:goodjob: