PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods I have a serious spline drive problem.. shops and members please help!

Spyder
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Okso here is the deal I was working on the 240 over the weekend installing my new suspension and damn if I didn't break a wheel key for my spline drive lug nuts.. no biggie right? I have a spare.. or so I thought, Its MIA. I was able to get the front wheels back on before I broke it ( I was removing one lug in the back and didnt even get it lose) I went to every wheel shop I can think of today, I went to walmart/autozone/advance/o'relly auto parts, GTE... NOONE has a 7 point spline drive for my lug nuts, every single one of them has 6 and most have 12 points... I have searched online everywhere including on eBay not one place has a damn 7 point... even the 45+ piece "spline drive tool sets" offer 4/6/12 points. So, basically unless someone has a key laying around that happens to fit these I need to have them removed... does anyone know how to do this or where to have it done? do any shops offer this service? I purchased these from Matt at finishline, finishline doesnt exist any more and Matt's phone no longer works, so basically Im scrwed if I get a flat or have any problem which requires the removal of my wheels. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

06XRSnGA
05-03-2007, 08:54 PM
is it a male or a female type key? If it is a female type key I can help you out. hit me on the PM

JDM-95-Hatch
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
run down the matco truck :D matco has a set that removes lock lugs. but it is pricey, around 130.00, you other option is to just take a socket that is a hair to small and beat it on, that works but the only problem is getting the lug out of the socket when it comes off. good luck

Spyder
05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I found a solution yesterday , GTE was able to find the key that I needed so its all good thanks guys for the help. :)