PDA

View Full Version : General Chat F5 Fujita - Cold Air Intakes

Ran
04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has done any business with this company as I just got in my intake.

Fujita, apparently, was started by one of the chief engineers over at Injen who got upset at the way things were run. So he ran off and started his own company. For the Yaris, the Fujita is one of the best intakes out there but I couldn't say if that's true for other cars. Either way, I'm pretty pleased with what all came with my intake.

The Product
The pipe itself is only one long solid piece with clean welds and a solid finish. This surprises me as most of the other intakes for my car are either short ram, or full cold air consisting of 2-3 pieces of pipe held together by connectors. Also, unlike AEM and other manufacturers, they didn't include an adaptor for the MAF sensor. Instead, they simply made the plug-in a part of the one-piece pipe. So just you screw it into the pipe and you're good to go. Very cool. :yes:

Fujita was cool enough to include two cone filters. Both are dry filters and of standard design, but I do like the fact that they provided me with a spare. For when one gets dirty.

What really caught me off guard was that they don't use regular hose clamps to connect the pipe to the intake manifold. They actually supplied me with T-Bolt clamps. This is a very nice bonus as regular hose clamps kinda suck. I'm sure this makes more a difference on boosted applications, but I thought it was a nice touch for my simple intake. They did use hose clamps for the filter however.

The Extras
Fujita included a few extras with the intake as well, aside from the traditional decals. With the intake they also sent me a nylon duffel/gym bag and a voucher for a free hat. There was also a NOS energy drink wrapped in the bubble wrap as well. This was more funny than anything, but I thought it was a cool addition.

I let you guys know how it performs once I get it installed either tonight or something within the next few days. :goodjob: