PDA

View Full Version : Misc de la hoya vs mayweather

ShooterMcGavin
04-30-2007, 12:15 PM
anyone know of any bars or other places showing this fight saturday night?

PhAtBoYMr2
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
where do you stay at? Jeffries over here in alpharetta will have it and barnacles in gwinett or the one off 285 will prob get, call to make sure

i got my money on mayweather.

JackMaster
04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
DLH KO7 PBF

talkofny2701
04-30-2007, 12:27 PM
i got my money on mayweather.

yea i got my money on mayweather too...

quickdodge®
04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
DLH KO7 PBF

Lolol. Cool. Later QD.

thinkfast®
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
mayweather gettin his shit pushed in, fight will no go the distance

ARRIBA DE LA HOYA!!

bigdare23
04-30-2007, 01:21 PM
mayweather gettin his shit pushed in, fight will no go the distance

ARRIBA DE LA HOYA!!

Booo

Boooooo

Boooooooooooo

Pretty Boy all the way!!! Oscar going down like Gotti LOL

thinkfast®
04-30-2007, 01:26 PM
MAYWEATHER GOIN DOWN LIKE 50 CENTS ROSTER

bigdare23
04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Oscar corner is going to throw in the towel. He might as well not even get in the ring!

thinkfast®
04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
only way Oscar will have trouble is if Mayweather make him work.. De la Hoya ben known to get tired, but he knows that as well as anybody, so look for Oscar to get a quick win

PhAtBoYMr2
04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Man de la hoya will probably retire after the ass whopping mayweather puts on him

I say it's going to be a great fight but hoya is gettin too old for this shit

bigdare23
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
He's has to figure out the philly shell...................... which I really doubt he do (since noone else that fought him has). Therefore he's going to tire his self out and LIGHTS OUT. If Pretty Boy doesnt KO him, he's going to get TKO due to having a weak face (like most light skinned people).

bigdare23
04-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Man de la hoya will probably retire after the ass whopping mayweather puts on him

I say it's going to be a great fight but hoya is gettin too old for this shit

word on the street Mayweather going to retire also..............

ironchef
04-30-2007, 01:42 PM
where do you stay at? Jeffries over here in alpharetta will have it and barnacles in gwinett or the one off 285 will prob get, call to make sure

i got my money on mayweather.Jeffries going to have it for real? Nice, I shall be there then!!

keevo54
04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I bet oscar de la hoya wins. Mayweather is a cocky asshole and is in better shape, but oscar has more technical skills and experience. It should be a good fight though.

bigdare23
04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Is there something wrong with being cocky? Shit if you couldnt hit me and we were boxing I'll be cocky too. LOL

ShooterMcGavin
04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
don't know where jeffries is but i'll find out and will probably be there....lol, everyones got their money on mayweather, 3to1 last i heard :D

PhAtBoYMr2
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
make sure and call them first, I usually go there for UFC fights but the last time i went they didn't order it. But call and make sure.

Btw i think the fight is on the same night as cinco de mayo so i will be in the many festivities. There is a chance i might go to jefferies but it's too early to tell

I know all the bartenders there so anyone that comes in drinks on me.

ironchef
04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
I know all the bartenders there so anyone that comes in drinks on me.I live down the street from jeffries, hook it up in that case :).

PhAtBoYMr2
04-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I live down the street from jeffries, hook it up in that case :).

If i go there i will for sure. I have a couple of parties to attend to for cinco de mayo so i don't know if i'll make it to jefferies although i may take an hour out of my time to watch the fight.

If i'm there and you see me, HOLLA

JackMaster
04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
First of all, I doubt anyone in here knows about boxing as much as I do. De La Hoya is too big for Mayweather, hand speed, Mayweather only has a slight edge. Chin Factor: De La Hoya has a granite chin, while Mayweather has been put on queer street numerous times by mediocre punchers like Chop Chop Corley and JLC. There are only two possible outcomes. De La Hoya knocks out Mayweather in rounds 5-9 or Mayweather turns the fight into a track meet and runs for 12 rounds. No chance in hell Mayweather Stops De La Hoya(unless its cuts). If the fight goes to the scorecards, chances are, PBF will win an extremely boring snooze fest of a fight. If Floyd decideds to go toe to toe with DLH, he will get knocked the fuck out. DLH has been in the ring with some MURDEROUS punchers (Quartey/Mosely/Trinidad) and only Quartey was able to put him down on a flash knockdown. 2nd of all, all you retards who say "Philly Shell" need to stop playing Fight night on PS2, bc Floyd does not use the "philly shell".... Thats Joe Frazier. Floyd is whats known as a "cutie" style, a lot of shoulder rolls, counter punching and feints. 3rd of all, Floyd has no power at junior middle weight, combine that with brittle hands and Winning Brand gloves, Floyd does not have the stopping power at 154. Don't get me wrong, I think PBF is a fantastic fighter, but I also feel he is slightly overrated. His caliber of competition is NOWHERE near DLH's. Floyds only legit competition was JLC and maybe even Chico Corrales (who was going to jail right after his fight with Mayweather).... Compare that to De La Hoy who has fought everyone and anyone (Hopins, Trinidad, Mosely, Whitaker, Quartey, Vargas, Chavez- sure fire hall of famers etc).

My prediction: Floyd will get floored, with probably a hook to the body or hook/uppercut to the face. DLH KO7 Mayweather...

I see a lot of fringe fans who are just regurgitating whatever they heard from whatever they've watched on the HBO specials after Sopranos and Entourage.

bigdare23
04-30-2007, 05:21 PM
First of all, I doubt anyone in here knows about boxing as much as I do. De La Hoya is too big for Mayweather, hand speed, Mayweather only has a slight edge. Chin Factor: De La Hoya has a granite chin, while Mayweather has been put on queer street numerous times by mediocre punchers like Chop Chop Corley and JLC. There are only two possible outcomes. De La Hoya knocks out Mayweather in rounds 5-9 or Mayweather turns the fight into a track meet and runs for 12 rounds. No chance in hell Mayweather Stops De La Hoya(unless its cuts). If the fight goes to the scorecards, chances are, PBF will win an extremely boring snooze fest of a fight. If Floyd decideds to go toe to toe with DLH, he will get knocked the fuck out. DLH has been in the ring with some MURDEROUS punchers (Quartey/Mosely/Trinidad) and only Quartey was able to put him down on a flash knockdown. 2nd of all, all you retards who say "Philly Shell" need to stop playing Fight night on PS2, bc Floyd does not use the "philly shell".... Thats Joe Frazier. Floyd is whats known as a "cutie" style, a lot of shoulder rolls, counter punching and feints. 3rd of all, Floyd has no power at junior middle weight, combine that with brittle hands and Winning Brand gloves, Floyd does not have the stopping power at 154. Don't get me wrong, I think PBF is a fantastic fighter, but I also feel he is slightly overrated. His caliber of competition is NOWHERE near DLH's. Floyds only legit competition was JLC and maybe even Chico Corrales (who was going to jail right after his fight with Mayweather).... Compare that to De La Hoy who has fought everyone and anyone (Hopins, Trinidad, Mosely, Whitaker, Quartey, Vargas, Chavez- sure fire hall of famers etc).

My prediction: Floyd will get floored, with probably a hook to the body or hook/uppercut to the face. DLH KO7 Mayweather...

I see a lot of fringe fans who are just regurgitating whatever they heard from whatever they've watched on the HBO specials after Sopranos and Entourage.

:lmfao: okay king of boxing!

Yeah Joe Frazier was the only person who used the philly shell technique. :rolleyes: Does James Toney ring a bell :thinking:

Philly Shell or Crab - The lead arm (left for an orthodox fighter and right for a southpaw) is placed across the torso usually somewhere in between the belly button and chest and the lead hand rests on the opposite side of the fighter's torso. The back hand is placed on the side of the face (right side for orthodox fighters and left side for southpaws). The lead shoulder is brought in tight against the side of the face (left side for orthodox fighters and right side for southpaws). This style is used by fighters who like to counterpunch. To execute this guard a fighter must be very athletic and experienced. This style is so effective for counterpunching because it allows fighters to slip punches by rotating and dipping their upper body and causing blows to glance off the fighter. After the punch glances off, the fighter's back hand is in perfect position to hit his out-of-positioned opponent. The shoulder lean is used in this stance. To execute the shoulder lean a fighter rotates and ducks (to the right for orthodox fighters and to the left for southpaws) when his opponent's punch is coming towards him and then rotates back towards his opponent while his opponent is bringing his hand back. The fighter will throw a punch with his back hand as he is rotating towards his undefended opponent. James Toney executes the shoulder lean perfectly according to technique. The weakness to this style is that when a fighter is stationary and not rotating he is open to be hit, so a fighter must be athletic and well conditioned to effectively execute this style. To beat this style fighters like to jab their opponent's shoulder causing the shoulder and arm to be in pain and to demobilize that arm.

^^^ sounds like Pretty Boy's fighting style to me ;)

oh yeah I yahoo'ed "cutie" style and couldnt find any info :goodjob:

JackMaster
04-30-2007, 06:23 PM
:lmfao: okay king of boxing!

Yeah Joe Frazier was the only person who used the philly shell technique. :rolleyes: Does James Toney ring a bell :thinking:

Philly Shell or Crab - The lead arm (left for an orthodox fighter and right for a southpaw) is placed across the torsoO

usually somewhere in between the belly button and chest and the lead hand rests on the opposite side of the fighter's torso. The back hand is placed on the side of the face (right side for orthodox fighters and left side for southpaws). The lead shoulder is brought in tight against the side of the face (left side for orthodox fighters and right side for southpaws). This style is used by fighters who like to counterpunch. To execute this guard a fighter must be very athletic and experienced. This style is so effective for counterpunching because it allows fighters to slip punches by rotating and dipping their upper body and causing blows to glance off the fighter. After the punch glances off, the fighter's back hand is in perfect position to hit his out-of-positioned opponent. The shoulder lean is used in this stance. To execute the shoulder lean a fighter rotates and ducks (to the right for orthodox fighters and to the left for southpaws) when his opponent's punch is coming towards him and then rotates back towards his opponent while his opponent is bringing his hand back. The fighter will throw a punch with his back hand as he is rotating towards his undefended opponent. James Toney executes the shoulder lean perfectly according to technique. The weakness to this style is that when a fighter is stationary and not rotating he is open to be hit, so a fighter must be athletic and well conditioned to effectively execute this style. To beat this style fighters like to jab their opponent's shoulder causing the shoulder and arm to be in pain and to demobilize that arm.

^^^ sounds like Pretty Boy's fighting style to me ;)

oh yeah I yahoo'ed "cutie" style and couldnt find any info :goodjob:

Yea, and Joe Frazier "almost" fights like James Toney and Mayweather...

K24cb7coupe
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
mayweather gonna whoop some asssss!!!!

JPA
05-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I -HOPE- Mayweather gets his ass kicked.

eltravieso
05-03-2007, 12:04 AM
DE LA HOYA..........GOT IT>

BB6dohcvtec
05-03-2007, 12:10 AM

well i don't have hbo but i love pay per view and from de la hoya previous fights he is way over due for a nice long retirement he needs to be in the stands with mayweather's dad and watch jr. who is in his prime beat some ass.

cactusEG
05-03-2007, 09:26 AM
im going for my boy de la hoya,,

ShooterMcGavin
05-04-2007, 10:05 AM
There are only two possible outcomes. De La Hoya knocks out Mayweather in rounds 5-9 or Mayweather turns the fight into a track meet and runs for 12 rounds.
agreed, think it'll be a pretty good fight as long as they keep it interesting in the time it takes to go the full 12.

Hulud
05-06-2007, 11:11 AM
ehh

ShooterMcGavin
05-06-2007, 11:24 PM
i call rematch, i was not that impressed, especially by mayweather after all the shit talking he did.