PDA

View Full Version : TopSpeed GT35r kit 592hp 519tq

TRAY_STi
06-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Mods: PE850cc injectors, Topspeed fuel system, Perrin fuel rails, Topspeed GT35r kit, tilton clutch, TXS catback, Perrin FMIC, Crawford S3L block, Hydra EMS.

This car is still on stock intake, stock heads valves and cams. Boost was set at 30psi all the way to redline, I am sure if it wasn't so hot (95F) in the shop today DOUG could have broken the 600hp mark.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/badazzcr/danl592.jpg

Pictures and Video coming soon.

Tracer
06-30-2005, 07:10 PM
You should've broken 600whp on a built block. Cause people are getting around those numbers on stock block.

flysi00
06-30-2005, 08:48 PM
damn tray thats some good numbers

Badazzcr
06-30-2005, 09:04 PM
You should've broken 600whp on a built block. Cause people are getting around those numbers on stock block.
Sure if you say so... what did your car dyno?

Tracer
06-30-2005, 09:07 PM
You'll found out soon enough. But that's sad to not even break 600whp.....something must be wrong in the tuning.

jt money
06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
nice numbers Tray. 592awhp sure must be fun to drive.

Badazzcr
06-30-2005, 09:57 PM
You'll found out soon enough. But that's sad to not even break 600whp.....something must be wrong in the tuning.
Sure is.. I mean because so many people break 600hp here in the states. I bet you can't show more than 5 people that have made over the whp we made. I also bet that the cars you will show all have ported heads, headers, intake, etc...

Tuning.... lol ... you guys crack me up. We don't build customers cars to blow them up, or break, or whatever. They last.

Doug

Tracer
06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Sure is.. I mean because so many people break 600hp here in the states. I bet you can't show more than 5 people that have made over the whp we made. I also bet that the cars you will show all have ported heads, intake, etc...

Tuning.... lol ... you guys crack me up. We don't build customers cars to blow them up, or break, or whatever. They last.

Doug

Question: You guys might build power....I'll give you that.....but what do you guys run at the tracks? I glad you don't blow up motors or anything else......but there are alot of shops out there besides you that make cars last.

Badazzcr
06-30-2005, 10:05 PM
I would love to run some of these cars at the track, however I do not own any of the cars I build. So its up to the customer to run it at the tracks, and honestly most of them are not drag racers. They just want reliable power, only car that has ever been run at the track is mine, and that was a long time ago. It seems every friday when I want to goto the track I am stuck here at the shop and can't make it. Sucks... like this weekend for example I will be traveling to Florida for a tuning trip, so once again I will miss a chance to take it to the track.

Doug

P.S. I too agree that there are also other shops here locally with very good tuners who can make relible power. The shop you use for example, I have never once heard anything bad about the tuning they do.

Tracer
06-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Well, Doug I think maybe you need to talk to your boss and tell him this info. if you feel that way. But what's the point of having all that power and not using it??? I don't understand......

Badazzcr
06-30-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't get it eighter, but some people just like having the power and not taking it to the track. I am the Boss, we are extremely busy I have very little time for myself. We are in the process of hiring another tech and sales person so hopefully I will have more free time. As for my feelings towards other shops tuning capabilities, thats just how I feel. Can't say the same about all the tuners at some shops in Atlanta.... but whatever fk it I will not loose any sleep over it.

Peace I am out,
Doug

mogallo
06-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Tuning.... lol ... you guys crack me up. We don't build customers cars to blow them up, or break, or whatever. They always come in last.

Doug

At the track??...??..??

WRX_STi
06-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the great tune Doug. The rest of you guys need to grow up.

iloveboost
06-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Was it on race gas? A mix? Methanol?

600whp= :goodjob:

Tracer
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the great tune Doug.

Doug, I am proud that they are alot more Suby's coming out of the Atlanta area. Keep up the good work. I understand that you're busy. I think every shop in GA. is busy. But that's a good thing, right?

Tracer
06-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the great tune Doug. The rest of you guys need to grow up.

Hey I ain't bashing Doug. He knows I like to mess with him.

Dan....I'm just playing around. Hope that I get to see you car soon. :)

TRAY_STi
06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
For the record Its Dans car not mine. I just thought I should post something about it. It will break 600 when in cools down a little bit. It was in the mid 90s this afternoon.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/badazzcr/gt35VSstock.jpg

Dans STi vs. Stock STi

Ruiner
07-01-2005, 08:21 AM

You haven't even dyno'd, yet you are ragging on this guy?? I hate to say it, but proven numbers speak while "will have" doesn't hold much water. Wouldn't you agree? Why make fun of his numbers? What is the reason for doing so? Anything can happen and you know this. What happens if you don't produce 600+whp even though you "should"?

My advice: Give this guy credit, don't rag on him, and hope that you do better.

If your car doesn't produce the numbers that you are hoping for, I doubt that you will want him saying the same things to you. Am I correct?

WRX_STi
07-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Ruiner
It was nice talking to you last night and thanks for the nice comments last night :)

Dan

Big Baller
07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
The kid was just fucking playing with you guys, chill out.

600 is not bad.

My new setup should be done soon. Want to race?

:D

If so you should probally turn up the boost.

Matt

Big Baller
07-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Very nice I'm sure its a blast to drive now. C-16 I assume. I'm sure it will be a beast at the track.

Matt

Tracy
07-01-2005, 11:01 AM
You haven't even dyno'd, yet you are ragging on this guy?? I hate to say it, but proven numbers speak while "will have" doesn't hold much water. Wouldn't you agree? Why make fun of his numbers? What is the reason for doing so? Anything can happen and you know this. What happens if you don't produce 600+whp even though you "should"?

My advice: Give this guy credit, don't rag on him, and hope that you do better.

If your car doesn't produce the numbers that you are hoping for, I doubt that you will want him saying the same things to you. Am I correct?

For the record...Jason once asked who had the fastest STI in GA and the response was something like this (not a direct quote):

"That would be Dan with the white STI. He will be making the most HP in GA once it's done."

Anyone remember that? Just making sure before everyone gets off on a bashing spree on Jason. I would quote the post for you, but once the same thing you are saying, Ruiner, got said...the post got edited. Glad it's true...for now :) :) :) :) :) :) had to put extras so ya'll would know I was kidding :)

Either way! Great #'s guys. Maybe we can finally have some shop competition in GA. I understand that customers don't all like to race their cars. We have a lot of that...that's why we run our cars. So maybe now that someone is actually putting out some good #'s for once, we can race Giovanni's car or Doug's or Porter's car at the track :D That'll be fun for everyone. I hope to have my car back soon. We thought it would be this weekend, but as we all know...PARTS ARE A B! So maybe next weekend. I won't go as far as to speculate on #'s. I'll just pray that they are big :)

TRAY_STi
07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
hehe I'd love to see someone drag race porter in his svx or golf. LOL

Tracy
07-01-2005, 11:53 AM
hehe I'd love to see someone drag race porter in his svx or golf. LOL

Maybe he can race Brandon in his Cougar :D

Porter
07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
LOL! What is it, lowest ET competition? The SVX doesn't move under its own power right now (blown auto trans) and the Jetta is like 85hp of fury. LOL

I could run against a bag lady with her shopping cart, but that's about it!

[edit] Wow, I just looked at my join date. OG, yo. :D I haven't posted since the board reset and I guess it lost everything except my old account login.

Tracy
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
LOL! What is it, lowest ET competition? The SVX doesn't move under its own power right now (blown auto trans) and the Jetta is like 85hp of fury. LOL

I could run against a bag lady with her shopping cart, but that's about it!

[edit] Wow, I just looked at my join date. OG, yo. :D I haven't posted since the board reset and I guess it lost everything except my old account login.

Yea. I thik Brandon's is a 89 cougar or some shit. we should have the lowest ET contest. LOL! That'll be great. But don't invite JoeCoolin. He will def. win that battle :D

HiPSI
07-01-2005, 02:39 PM
lowest ET or longest? i have an 87 ford Tempo with bad slipping auto tranny (mostly due to rally-x and trail crawling action).

Tracer
07-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Ruiner, you're the last person I would take advice from on anything. :)

TRAY_STi
07-01-2005, 04:13 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/TRAYSTi/DSCN3786.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/TRAYSTi/DSCN3785.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/TRAYSTi/DSCN3779.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/TRAYSTi/DSCN3782.jpg

Dragonfly5338
07-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Yea. I thik Brandon's is a 89 cougar or some shit. we should have the lowest ET contest. LOL! That'll be great. But don't invite JoeCoolin. He will def. win that battle :D

LOL I will race my daily driver (My mom's 97 Mercury Mountaneer) and kick all yall asses. v8, baby - TORQUE! Although it has had a 50 year old lady driving it for most of its life, haha.

Nice numbers, Dan - then again we all knew it would be big. No more racing you on the highway, haha. Good to see shops pushing out some fast cars, we're lucky here in GA. Imagine being in Idaho and trying to build your STi or Evo. :D

Tracy
07-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty sure if ya'll spray some more of this on the intercooler you can break 600 :D :D :):):):):)

drbiggly
07-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I can vouch for Porter's Jetta not being terribly fast in a straight line; I know as it was once my vehicle. The Jetta gets good gas mileage and uhhhh....yeah, that's about it. Old skool hand-powered sunroof. It does have at least 2 autox state championships in it though. Not bad for something that cracked 100k miles about 10 years ago. :)

-Biggly

P.S. Dan, that's awesome. Definitely want a ride whenever I get back down to Atlanta. :D

WRX_STi
07-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Spray what? more water? lol now if it was just ice cold then that would rock. lol Too bad it was as hot as everything else in that shop yesterday lol

Tracy
07-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Spray what? more water? lol now if it was just ice cold then that would rock. lol Too bad it was as hot as everything else in that shop yesterday lol

Oh! That was water in that tank? My bad:). Pretty fancy water cooler ;)

Tracy
07-01-2005, 05:28 PM
here's a picture of my water cooler. It lives in my waiting room...not by the dyno;) and we drink form it....don't use it for intercoolers.

FastEvo8
07-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Tracy,
we never thoutght about the water cooler, that's a great idea, have you ever used it?
Maybe your brand is better cooling than ours, we use Blue ridge mountain waters..lol/jk ;)

Tracy
07-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Tracy,
we never thoutght about the water cooler, that's a great idea, have you ever used it?
Maybe your brand is better cooling than ours, we use Blue ridge mountain waters..lol/jk ;)

Thats' what we use. Good water, I might add. I hope that's not seen as advertising for a non-sponsor :D :D

BufordŽ
07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
I'll race Porter's Jettall. I'll still probably lose, but it'll be fun.

HiPSI
07-02-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure if ya'll spray some more of this on the intercooler you can break 600 :D :D :):):):):)

not much of a power adder there... should keep the bottle in the fridge and maybe mix in some alky, then it might be good for a couple hp ;).

Big Baller
07-02-2005, 01:54 PM
So if you guys are only pushing 30 psi, when are you going to turn up the boost.

Matt

SilviaK93
07-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Congrats on the nice numbers!:)

Badazzcr
07-02-2005, 11:14 PM
So if you guys are only pushing 30 psi, when are you going to turn up the boost.

Matt
Hydra is only scaled to 30.4 psi, and uses an internal Map sensor.. so you can not run more than that. Kinda sux, but we are in the works of trying to figure out how we can make it to run more.

HiPSI
07-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Hydra is only scaled to 30.4 psi, and uses an internal Map sensor.. so you can not run more than that. Kinda sux, but we are in the works of trying to figure out how we can make it to run more.

chop out that 3bar map sensor and find a way to stuff in a 5bar :D.

Big Baller
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM

Wow thats pretty crazy. Kinda sucks really, why in the hell would they do that.

Matt

Tracer
07-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Wow thats pretty crazy. Kinda sucks really, why in the hell would they do that.

Matt

I think Dan can work around it. I'm not worry about making it past 30psi.

Tracy
07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
not much of a power adder there... should keep the bottle in the fridge and maybe mix in some alky, then it might be good for a couple hp ;).

Yea, you just proved my point.

What you would spray with water and why out of that kind of container by the dyno, I have no idea.

I thought it looked like a alky sprayer already ;)

HalfBaked
07-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Boost was set at 30psi all the way to redline, I am sure if it wasn't so hot (95F) in the shop today we could have broken the 600hp mark.

I didn't know you helped tune the cars up there Tray.

Big Baller
07-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I think Tray is working there now, maybe he got a my first tuner playset as well.

LOL
Matt

Tracer
07-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I think Tray is working there now, maybe he got a my first tuner playset as well.

LOL
Matt

You're too much. I always look forward, reading what you post Matt. LOL

HiPSI
07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
i took the term "we" as meaning the shop...

HiPSI
07-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Yea, you just proved my point.

What you would spray with water and why out of that kind of container by the dyno, I have no idea.

I thought it looked like a alky sprayer already ;)

what point did i prove? that it's a water bottle?

HalfBaked
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
i took the term "we" as meaning the shop...

But generally one has to be affliated with the shop in order to say we.

Getting work done there doesn't count as affliated to me.

Badazzcr
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Tray is a full time employee for Topspeed now, he works the front end taking orders, processing payments, and shipping.

Doug

HiPSI
07-05-2005, 06:19 PM
But generally one has to be affliated with the shop in order to say we.

Getting work done there doesn't count as affliated to me.

he was working the front office when i was there...

HalfBaked
07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Tray is a full time employee for Topspeed now, he works the front end taking orders, processing payments, and shipping.

Doug

Oh ok.

I used to hear him talk about this awesome job he had so I assumed he kept that. Didn't know he was now employeed at Topspeed. Good for him.

WRX_STi
07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I think the biggest obstacle to going higher than 30 psi is still going to be the block. It is built, but it is not a closed deck block. It has upgraded internals but it is still semi closed. The main reason I went with it is because I know the weakness of the stock pistons not so much to make stupid power. I wanted reliability. To get into the closed deck motors of 2.5 or higher then you are talking double the price.

Tracy
07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
You proved that water is not much of a power adder (they said that it was a water sprayer)... but if it was alky (like I thought it was, initially) then it might be good for a couple more hp...and then maybe they could break 600.

It was a joke. PLEASE don't get all bent out of shape when there is no need to :)

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the biggest obstacle to going higher than 30 psi is still going to be the block. It is built, but it is not a closed deck block. It has upgraded internals but it is still semi closed. The main reason I went with it is because I know the weakness of the stock pistons not so much to make stupid power. I wanted reliability. To get into the closed deck motors of 2.5 or higher then you are talking double the price.

Maybe I will throw one of those semi closed decks together this week and see if I can break it. They say 30 psi is the limit, I think It will take more.

Since no, one else seems to have the balls to push it to its limits.(not directed at topspeed but to the subaru community in general)

Matt

Tracer
07-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Matt, I can't wait to see what it will hold. I'm pretty sure it can handle more than 30 psi. Yeah I think closed deck is the way to go if you want alot more power......Matt I guess me and you will find out soon what psi the closed decks will hold...........LoL

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
shhhhh, I hunting "rabbits"

ha
(yes that was a gti crack Paul)

Matt

Badazzcr
07-06-2005, 06:32 PM
You proved that water is not much of a power adder (they said that it was a water sprayer)... but if it was alky (like I thought it was, initially) then it might be good for a couple more hp...and then maybe they could break 600.

It was a joke. PLEASE don't get all bent out of shape when there is no need to :)
We have noticed that not all water is created equal, while the normal tap water usually does not net any HP gains, we only use Blue Ridge Mountain water . Which on a good day is worth about 15hp. I have seen some of the more exotic waters such as Evian net up to 25hp gains but its just not as cost effective.

Doug

Disclaimer: For those who can't tell this post is a joke.

Badazzcr
07-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Maybe I will throw one of those semi closed decks together this week and see if I can break it. They say 30 psi is the limit, I think It will take more.

Since no, one else seems to have the balls to push it to its limits.(not directed at topspeed but to the subaru community in general)

Matt

Clark from Kingpin has pushed the EJ blocks over 30psi and most of them tend to crack the cylinder liners at that level. Even with no Det the liners will split from the pressures.

Doug

Edit: Guessing maybe that was your block I saw at the machine shop.

Tracer
07-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Doug, but where's the fun if you don't break stuff?

Badazzcr
07-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Breaking stuff is fine... when its your own car. Not customers, I have not met many customers that have said "ok now lets push it till it breaks, just to see how high we can go". In all honesty there is not much point of pushing this car another 30hp when you wouldn't even feel the difference.

Doug

Tracer
07-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Doug I know.......I'm just messing with you again.

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Clark from Kingpin has pushed the EJ blocks over 30psi and most of them tend to crack the cylinder liners at that level. Even with no Det the liners will split from the pressures.

Doug

Edit: Guessing maybe that was your block I saw at the machine shop.

I "ass u me" you mean at eagle machine. That is incorrect, my machine work is done by Ball engines in Lilburn.

Matt

rollin_hard
07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey uh who is who here? New to the site, not a local but that seems pretty impressive. almost 600 to the ground? damn. think I might have to be doin some more work in my piece before I debut in the ATL. later

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I think there is more than 30hp being left on the table, thats why I want to break one and find out.

Matt

Tracer
07-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I think there is more than 30hp being left on the table, thats why I want to break one and find out.

Matt

Matt, please let me know when you are going to do this!!!!!
I would love to come and watch this take place.

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey uh who is who here? New to the site, not a local but that seems pretty impressive. almost 600 to the ground? damn. think I might have to be doin some more work in my piece before I debut in the ATL. later

I'm Matt

Yeah 600hp is not bad. There are a few other really sick subarus that are about to drop as well.

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I see you Val.

Come on

rollin_hard
07-06-2005, 07:36 PM
more 600 awhp? is everyone able to do this or is there one shop? where I come from there is no import power. only domestics.

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I use Batlground, you will find that most people in the subaru community feel pretty strongly about their shop of choice.

Matt

Tracer
07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Come on Val...I miss seeing your post.

rollin_hard
07-06-2005, 07:53 PM
who made the 592?

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 07:56 PM
That would be ********

Tracer
07-06-2005, 07:57 PM
who made the 592?

Dan(WRX STI) made 592whp on his Sti.

rollin_hard
07-06-2005, 08:00 PM
That would be ********

well that was very insightful.

He did it himself?

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Its kinda an inside joke

Topspeed built his car

rollin_hard
07-06-2005, 08:03 PM
ok. for a sec I thought I had been on here for 30 min. and already an asshole. but thanks.

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh make now mistake, I am an asshole, but at that point I was not trying to be.

Matt

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey Val, YOUR MOM KNITS SWEATERS.

ohhhh

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Fight back damn it

Tracer
07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't think Val likes to play with us anymore....?

Dragonfly5338
07-06-2005, 08:36 PM
rofl i wasn't at the computer, i left IA on by accident. i was baking pies like a good little wife.

awww, y'all missed me. i feel special. :) :)

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I figured you were baking, ....... I knew you werent making horsepower.

Matt

Dragonfly5338
07-06-2005, 08:41 PM
doing laundry, actually. my washer makes more whp than yours. biaaatch!

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 08:43 PM
doing laundry, actually. my washer makes more whp than yours. biaaatch!

I have two washers, industrial size. Turbocharged

Matt

Dragonfly5338
07-06-2005, 08:46 PM
whatever! i'm going to wash my entire closet and blow it up just to prove that my washer is the best. GE for life, hahahaa!

Tracer
07-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Val, I thought Tray washes all of you clothes.

Dragonfly5338
07-06-2005, 08:53 PM
i wish. i wash his. :( do you wash your g/f's clothes, jason?

Tracer
07-06-2005, 08:56 PM
i wish. i wash his. :( do you wash your g/f's clothes, jason?

I would if I had a girlfriend. :(

I just thought you OWNED him and he did everything you told him to do. LoL j/k

Dragonfly5338
07-06-2005, 08:59 PM
awww. want me to find you an evo chick?? we're cool. :)

lol, no. we're a lot more normal than you think. do normal stuff - movies, go to dinner, do laundry, take care of our dogs, go to the drag strip for a date, lol. i just talk big. especially on the internet, bwahaha. he's not as mean as i am.

Tracer
07-06-2005, 09:07 PM
No, I don't think I need an Evo chick. Between you and Tracy I don't think I can handle another chick like you girls. :)

Big Baller
07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Blow up the washing machine.

ahahhaahahahha

+1 for val

GTScoob
07-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Too funny . . .

Great numbers Dan!

man
07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Wow tray, awesome numbers, that thing is mean as hell

Trey
07-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Val, I thought Tray washes all of you clothes.

No, he cleans her kitchen. :D

Nice number Doug and Dan.

WRX_STi
07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Trey when you going to go for a ride in it?

HiPSI
07-08-2005, 02:36 PM

i was not donig any bending ;). i was just wondering the point, i was a little lost there.

Trey
07-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Trey when you going to go for a ride in it?

Whenever I see you again. I may come out Thursday if I can get away from my new house and the mile long honey-do list. :D

WINDSOR
07-09-2005, 08:43 PM
nice numbers. Don't worry..the other guys are just jealous you are top dog now. Want to race a little mustang? You should win pretty easily i think..well i need to put some mufflers on my car first... ;)

WINDSOR
07-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Question: You guys might build power....I'll give you that.....but what do you guys run at the tracks? I glad you don't blow up motors or anything else......but there are alot of shops out there besides you that make cars last.

you talk like you go to the track all the time. Whats your best time in your STI?

Tracer
07-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Windsor you're soon about to find out. You always talk and I like you're the TRACK GOD.........Maybe my car isn't fast enough YET.........But I can hook you up with a race since you think your mustang is so bad and over-rated.....just let me know...

WINDSOR
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Windsor you're soon about to find out. You always talk and I like you're the TRACK GOD.........Maybe my car isn't fast enough YET.........But I can hook you up with a race since you think your mustang is so bad and over-rated.....just let me know...

as long as its with your car then sure. I don't need to go bring my buddies car to race other people. Stop being a cheerleader and get your car done. Will it be ready for import showdown in october? If so bring it and we can get it done. In fact,all of UP can take turns spanking your ass.

Tracer
07-09-2005, 09:19 PM
as long as its with your car then sure. I don't need to go bring my buddies car to race other people. Stop being a cheerleader and get your car done. Will it be ready for import showdown in october? If so bring it and we can get it done. In fact,all of UP can take turns spanking your ass.

Good then bring your friends cause I've got some buddies that would love a taste of UP. I think I might even let Lemanz know about this....since you guys always run away from him..... :lmfao:

Another thing I dont understand why you always have to come in other people forums and talk all big. You are the reason why forums suck at times. You think everyone should kiss the ground you walk on.......

WINDSOR
07-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Good then bring your friends cause I've got some buddies that would love a taste of UP. I think I might even let Lemanz know about this....since you guys always run away from him..... :lmfao:

Another thing I dont understand why you always have to come in other people forums and talk all big. You are the reason why forums suck at times. You think everyone should kiss the ground you walk on.......

haha,a lot of my friends (not anyone in UP) have cars that run mid to high 5s in the 1/8 (low 9s to high 8s in the 1/4). I doubt you know anyone that could run faster then that even mighty lemanz. I already told him to bring his car to import showdown in october. Like i said before you were the big talker in this thread putting down what Doug built for this guy and saying it was sad and was crappy tuning even though your car hasn't done shit at the dyno or the strip.

You still haven't said what you ran at the track or are you too embarassed to say?

Tracer
07-09-2005, 09:58 PM
First of I wasn't putting them down....it was joking with them. Since you don't know hardly anything about Suby's stuff like the Hydra. Probably one of the hardest ecu's to tune. If you only knew the problems Hydra has with.....tuning you would understand.

These guys in here know me mostly and they know that I like to joke and kid around but, since you don't.....stop running your mouth...cause you don't KNOW ME!!!!!!

Alright I'm done with Windsor.......lets focus on what the topic was on this forum....

Good job Doug and Dan....I'm glad you guys reach that much power. Since people can't take jokes anymore........Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what it will run.

WINDSOR
07-09-2005, 10:06 PM
First of I wasn't putting them down....it was joking with them. Since you don't know hardly anything about Suby's stuff like the Hydra. Probably one of the hardest ecu's to tune. If you only knew the problems Hydra has with.....tuning you would understand.

These guys in here know me mostly and they know that I like to joke and kid around but, since you don't.....stop running your mouth...cause you don't KNOW ME!!!!!!

Alright I'm done with Windsor.......lets focus on what the topic was on this forum....

Good job Doug and Dan....I'm glad you guys reach that much power. Since people can't take jokes anymore........Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what it will run.

Ok you posted this... "You'll found out soon enough. But that's sad to not even break 600whp.....something must be wrong in the tuning."

Is that your idea of joking around? Doug didn't seem to laugh when you posted that but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Big Baller
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
I hate all of you

Big Baller
07-09-2005, 11:39 PM
We all know that the srt4 is teh winnar

Or some lameass internet bullshit like that

HiPSI
07-10-2005, 11:28 AM
In fact,all of UP can take turns spanking your ass.

not me :(.

flysi00
07-10-2005, 12:17 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

WINDSOR
07-10-2005, 12:25 PM

lol,well i wasn't expecting you to be there anyway. ;)

BufordŽ
07-13-2005, 08:27 PM
$20 on UP. :D

flysi00
07-13-2005, 09:10 PM
damn stop talking all the shit and take this shit to the track then do the shit talking
20 on UP to

Trey
07-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Only one car can talk shit. Everyone else is getting this and doing that......blah blah blah!

Get the car running before you run your mouth. ;)

Can't wait to see all these cars at the track....oneday.

Tracy
07-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Only one car can talk shit.

Which car is that? :confused:

Trey
07-14-2005, 06:32 PM
The one, or ones really, that are finished, driving on streets, ect. :D

Big Baller
07-14-2005, 11:31 PM
How about my Subaru vs Dans for $1000.00.

Uh ohhhh

It must be done.

Badazzcr
07-15-2005, 08:04 AM
How about my Subaru vs Dans for $1000.00.

Uh ohhhh

It must be done.
Don't think that will happen.. Dan doesn't streetrace/Dragrace his car.

But if your looking for someone to race I am sure one of the many 400hp+ subaru customers we have would race you.

Big Baller
07-15-2005, 08:25 AM
400hp, thats cute

I guess you build alot of cars for girls

Trey
07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Isn't yours still a work in progress = Dan wins by default. :D

WRX_STi
07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
400hp, thats cute

lol what are you? 12 or something?

GTScoob
07-15-2005, 12:39 PM
400hp, thats cute

Did you get a sex change or something? I remember your car having 400HP at one time.

FDslider
07-15-2005, 01:39 PM
flysi00, check your PM's, please

Stoprunningyourdicksuckrs
07-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Everyone should just stop, because no one will actually do anything. No one on here has the balls to say anything to anyones face. with out the internet most of you would be friends. Your all alike, your full of shit and yes I will say that to anyone.

Trey
07-15-2005, 03:15 PM
So is your car running or what? :D I see your mouth still is. lol

Big Baller
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Isn't yours still a work in progress = Dan wins by default. :D

Nope, its not a work in progress any longer,

Get You some.

Big Baller
07-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Did you get a sex change or something? I remember your car having 400HP at one time.

Nope no sex change. 404hp, on the stock motor, I'm done with the stock motor.

Playtime is over

Big Baller
07-15-2005, 04:23 PM
So is your car running or what? :D I see your mouth still is. lol

yeah it runs........

and if you can get your sugar daddy to back you, then you can find out how fast

Tracer
07-15-2005, 06:04 PM
You guys need to back off of Big Baller. Do you actually think he would want to race someone if he still had the stock motor in the WRX?

Matt don't even waste your time with these guys. Me and You will just race each other and compare times. :bowdown:

flysi00
07-15-2005, 07:13 PM
You guys need to back off of Big Baller. Do you actually think he would want to race someone if he still had the stock motor in the WRX?

Matt don't even waste your time with these guys. Me and You will just race each other and compare times. :bowdown:

whats the point of racing a slow car vs slow car :thinking:

Tracer
07-15-2005, 10:06 PM
whats the point of racing a slow car vs slow car :thinking:

Big Baller doesn't build slow cars if you've ever met him. He's got a mustang also that would probably kill anything.

HalfBaked
07-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Everyone should just stop, because no one will actually do anything. No one on here has the balls to say anything to anyones face. with out the internet most of you would be friends. Your all alike, your full of shit and yes I will say that to anyone.

That is cute that you say that no one has to balls to say anything to anyones face when you can't say shit online. You had to make a user name to make a post like this.

Trey
07-16-2005, 10:20 AM

I think the problem is the two of you have done nothing but TALK for MONTHS and bash on everyone else. Nice to see Matt got it off the rack and on the road. Now get her to the track so you have actual times instead of speculations. :D I'm sure it'll be a beast.

Tracer
07-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I think the problem is the two of you have done nothing but TALK for MONTHS and bash on everyone else. Nice to see Matt got it off the rack and on the road. Now get her to the track so you have actual times instead of speculations. :D I'm sure it'll be a beast.

First of all we don't bash anyone. Yeah we might come off as jerks but until you meet us in person don't prejudge us. But yeah we TALK sometimes but hey its all out of fun we don't mean anything by it....I think you guys take this internet thing too serious.....

Dragonfly5338
07-16-2005, 01:31 PM

and if you can get your sugar daddy to back you, then you can find out how fast

something must be wrong in the tuning.

Originally Posted by Badazzcr
Tuning.... lol ... you guys crack me up. We don't build customers cars to blow them up, or break, or whatever. They always come in last.

Doug

At the track??...??..??

First of all we don't bash anyone. Yeah we might come off as jerks but until you meet us in person don't prejudge us. But yeah we TALK sometimes but hey its all out of fun we don't mean anything by it....I think you guys take this internet thing too serious.....

Maybe you're not serious. But you come off as serious assholes. Just FYI - if that's not what you're intending, then it might be best to take a look at the way you act. This is only from this thread - that was meant for Dan and got COMPLETELY hijacked along the way. I won't include the thread where I was told to get back into the kitchen. ;)

Tracy
07-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I thinks it's funny that you say only one car can talk and all he has is dyno #'s. I mean they are awesome #'s, I haven't disputed that...it just makes me wonder why you keep on talking, Tray ;)

Matt's car has been done since right after HIN. It's actually been to the 1/8 mile. A bunch of your homies saw it run from the WRX Atlanta crew or maybe it was WRX Hackers, I can't remember which Matt said it was (or the times. I haven't done 1/8 yet so I'm not sure how it translates to the 1/4). They were all drooing all over it....I think Matt should "be allowed to talk" in this thread since his car runs, has dyno #'s and track times. According to your formula, he should be the only one allowed to talk in this thread :) He can back up all of what he has claimed.

I'll have my day to "talk" shortly. That's why I have been staying out of this. I know how ya'll like to get down. Jason and I will be ready ver soon.

Jason, Quit bumping their thread by posting in it. Just meet them at the track :) I'll see you there. Evo VS STI. Ima win!!!!

And who the fuck is this ass clown making up a user name with 1 post telling us that no one wiil do anything? Why don't you post and tell us who you are?

Badazzcr
07-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Blah Blah Blah... 8.1 in the 1/8th congrats you must be happy.

Doug

This thread should be locked.

Big Baller
07-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Blah Blah Blah... 8.1 in the 1/8th congrats you must be happy.

Doug

This thread should be locked.

Oh thats great, I knew that would come up. Yep it runs 8.1s in the 1\8th @ 14 psi.

Do you think I actually gave any good information out at the track.

Becareful who you listen to Doug, people outside of Batlground only have information I give them and its all wrong.

That little trip to the dragstrip was for nothing more than testing the new tranny.

I love how easy it is to start shit on here.

Matt

P.S. Fuck the internet

HalfBaked
07-16-2005, 03:42 PM
P.S. Fuck the internet

I tried once.

My computer screen hasn't been the same since.

BTLFED
07-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Matt, you are my hero....right after Tracy. Batlground f0 lYfE.

/thread

WINDSOR
07-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Big Baller doesn't build slow cars if you've ever met him. He's got a mustang also that would probably kill anything.

what kind of mustang? Can it kill liter bikes on the highway? I mean,,you said it would kill anything right? ;)

Big Baller
07-16-2005, 06:11 PM
what kind of mustang? Can it kill liter bikes on the highway? I mean,,you said it would kill anything right? ;)

2000 GT

Full Maximum Motorsports Suspension
408 Cubic Inch Ford Small Block
AFR 225 Heads

Viper T-56 Tranny.

Mark Williams 9 inch

Yes it will, It should be done in about 3 months.

Motor is being built as we speak.

Matt

But its not done so I wont talk shit.
Oh and before the shit talking about my mustang starts, I have all the parts except the rearend. I'm just waiting until my new house is finished so I can do it right.

Badazzcr
07-16-2005, 06:25 PM
2000 GT

AFR 225 Heads

Viper T-56 Tranny.

Mark Williams 9 inch

Matt

Oh and before the shit talking about my mustang starts, I have all the parts except the rearend. I'm just waiting until my new house is finished so I can do it right.

That is what I am talking about... Setup sounds sick.
I used to have a 94 mustang cobra, 320 stroker kit, old TFS high port heads fully ported, x303 cam, GT-40 intake, Bassani headers, vortec r-trim, Griggs gr40 suspension, Strange axles, 3.55 gear, Tremec trans, etc... loved that car. Wish I had never sold it.

WINDSOR
07-16-2005, 06:36 PM
2000 GT

AFR 225 Heads

Viper T-56 Tranny.

Mark Williams 9 inch

Matt

sounds nice. You got to love the cubic inches...A friend of mine that owns a shop down in covington has a notchback with an aluminum dart blocked 426 and it ran 5.9s@120 in the 1/8 on motor in a pretty light car.

Big Baller
07-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, It should be great, I'm hoping to make 1100-1200hp without the spray. I need to send the tranny off to have it gone through, I just dont have time to work on the car right now.

Matt

WINDSOR
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, It should be great, I'm hoping to make 1100-1200hp without the spray. I need to send the tranny off to have it gone through, I just dont have time to work on the car right now.

Matt

well thats pretty much impossible if you are going to keep it a street car. I don't know who you have been talking too but even the race cars with large windsors that run hot street don't make that much power and they spin the motors to 9000+ rpm. You are going to need way more head then an AFR 225 if you want to even come remotely close. You should shoot for 600 hp in a streetable 408.

If you want to make 1200 hp on motor give Jon kasse a call. He can build you a 800 cubic inch pro-stock engine that will make 1500 hp. Hes up in norcross and does all the motors for IHRA pro stock. I mean you are big baller and stuff i'm sure you can afford what he charges for those mountain motors.

Big Baller
07-17-2005, 08:16 PM
600hp, yeah thats cute, I can make that out of a 302 with afr 185s on it. I already have a set of CNC ported AFR 225s so I think Ill try those first. If those wont get me there,(which they will) then I will try something else. I know of three guys with 351s with basically the same setup I am going to run and they are making 1100hp.

I guess it all depends what you call a street car.

I just reread my first post and realized that I didnt tell you that its a turbo car. Most likely twin GT35R's, maybe GT37s

Matt

WINDSOR
07-17-2005, 08:44 PM
600hp, yeah thats cute, I can make that out of a 302 with afr 185s on it. I already have a set of CNC ported AFR 225s so I think Ill try those first. If those wont get me there,(which they will) then I will try something else. I know of three guys with 351s with basically the same setup I am going to run and they are making 1100hp.

I guess it all depends what you call a street car.

I just reread my first post and realized that I didnt tell you that its a turbo car. Most likely twin GT35R's, maybe GT37s

Matt

well shit why didn't you say that in the first place then. With twin turbos is definitely possible...good luck with it.

Big Baller
07-17-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah, sorry I thought I said that in the first post but I guess not, I thought about doing a NA motor, but I just cant get the power I want with out going to a big block.

Matt

Trey
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
tracy...learn to read hun, tray and trey are not the same people. ;) We've been over this before already. Also I don't know the WRX Atlanta crew or whatever either.

.....and Jason, we've met therefore I can judge you. :P

Nice to see Matt has a bad ass car, had no doubt all along. Would like to see the numbers if it's been finished for so long but I'm sure you are all secretive for one reason or another. :D

Big Baller
07-20-2005, 08:00 AM
No numbers, but we can fun for some money if you would like.

Tracy
07-20-2005, 10:56 AM
tracy...learn to read hun, tray and trey are not the same people. ;) We've been over this before already. Also I don't know the WRX Atlanta crew or whatever either.

So why is it that you are still talking Trey? You're kind of defeating your point by still talking. I've never heard anything about your car. Is it still stock?
You're just :blah: :blah: :blah:

jt money
07-20-2005, 11:54 AM
I thinks it's funny that you say only one car can talk and all he has is dyno #'s. I mean they are awesome #'s, I haven't disputed that...it just makes me wonder why you keep on talking, Tray ;)

Matt's car has been done since right after HIN. It's actually been to the 1/8 mile. A bunch of your homies saw it run from the WRX Atlanta crew or maybe it was WRX Hackers, I can't remember which Matt said it was (or the times. I haven't done 1/8 yet so I'm not sure how it translates to the 1/4). They were all drooing all over it....I think Matt should "be allowed to talk" in this thread since his car runs, has dyno #'s and track times. According to your formula, he should be the only one allowed to talk in this thread :) He can back up all of what he has claimed.

first of all i dont know you tracy. all this thread jackin sucks. this supposed to be about dan and 592 hp sti. now back to jackin. i was one of the peeps from wrxatlanta that night at dallas. ill speek for myself and not for the forum of which yall mentioned. i wouldnt exactly call it drooling over his car. more like a :confused: that someone would do something like that. :eek: i mean the ic piping was damn near resting on the turbo. also the ic pipeing on the other side is like an inch from the possitive terminal of the battery. im glad i doesnt have that bracket that connectes to the intake manafold like on the txs frontmount or you guys would have some fried stuff.
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8727/fatstages0017uz.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9089/fatstages0021hp.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/236/stage2engineshot21zj.jpg
thats how a rotated has always looked to me. :2cents: and atleast they coated there ic pipeing
now on to bragging rights. you say matt has numbers and proof but we never see any of it. the closest ive found was matt= slowerwrx on nasioc.

Ill post up the dyno charts tommrow, but here are the details.

Bone Stock long block USDM 2.0 liter

Batlground GT30R Custom Turbo kit

Perrin Front Mount

Basic supporting mods

340 whp \ 298 tq ON PUMP GAS 93 octane Shell PUMP GAS

and im not saying those arent nice numbers but are hardly bragging rights since there is no proof. ive never seen a dyno plot. nor have i seen a time slip. except for that night in dallas. i know thats not the best that car has run. i know yall do some good stuff but wheres the #s? :tongue:

Big Baller
07-20-2005, 01:05 PM
The Numbers

I'm done posting numbers.

More about the kit

The kit that is on the car was the very first prototype, the one that is going on Jason New's car sits much lower.

There are better ways to run the intercooler pipes, however, Dan designed the kit to be bolt on, so that anyone that already has a frontmount can use it. He has talked about doing another version of the kit with an intercooler and piping that would be a much nicer fit. but you will have to ask him about that.

As for "backing up my numbers"

My numbers have been backed up, on pump gas which is all we ran the 2.0liter on it made 340hp at 18psi.

Did I run more boost than that yep, am I going to tell you how much power it made, nope. You could work with some basic volumetric effecincy formulas and figure it out.

Good Luck
Matt

The offer still stands, Ill be happy to race anyone in Georgia with a Subaru for a little cash.

Big Baller
07-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I love how everyone is an expert

yeah that is a nice coating on the intercooler piping, I'm sure it holds the heat in very nicely.

Big Baller
07-20-2005, 01:17 PM
This annoys me so let me break down your post

i was one of the peeps from wrxatlanta that night at dallas. ill speek for myself and not for the forum of which yall mentioned. i wouldnt exactly call it drooling over his car. more like a :confused: that someone would do something like that. :eek: i mean the ic piping was damn near resting on the turbo. also the ic pipeing on the other side is like an inch from the possitive terminal of the battery.:

The inlet air temps are lower with this setup than with my "bolt on 18g", so obviously the placement of the intercooler pipes is having a great effect.

:[/QUOTE]im glad i doesnt have that bracket that connectes to the intake manafold like on the txs frontmount or you guys would have some fried stuff.:[/QUOTE]

Really, the intercooler is grounded, so once again you are wrong.

:[/QUOTE]and im not saying those arent nice numbers but are hardly bragging rights since there is no proof. ive never seen a dyno plot.:[/QUOTE]

You have never seen a dyno chart because one of the moderators on Naisoc keeps taking them down.

:[/QUOTE]nor have i seen a time slip. except for that night in dallas. i know thats not the best that car has run.:[/QUOTE]

It went 12.4 with an 18g and a slipping exedy clutch, lets just say it goes faster now

[/QUOTE] i know yall do some good stuff but wheres the #s?:[/QUOTE]

Nope no more numbers, only racing

Big Baller
07-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm done for the day, Ill let Tracy handle this

jt money
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
i was just clearing up some generalizations that were made. but since you replied. you were very nice. and i "thought" you were informitive. i dont have a fast wrx so i dont care to race.

My numbers have been backed up, on pump gas which is all we ran the 2.0liter on it made 340hp at 18psi.
anyone can type numbers send me a link to a plot youve ever posted. and dont say plots dont matter. you talk about the subaru community being a bunch of pussies because we dont push the utmost limits. but then you dont share your info so peeps know whats a safe max hp for a stock ej20 longblock. i want big hp but dont have the money to blow my moter. why cant you share your experences since you have moved on to bigger and better blocks?

Oh, yeah that is a nice coating on the intercooler piping, I'm sure it holds the heat in very nicely.
again cant be any worst than the ic pipe resting on the turbo. i wasnt trin to pick your car apartin the above thread. just got carried away. i dont like to be told what i was doing by someone that wasnt even there. drooling was not what i was doin. asking quetions to satisfy my curiosity was my intentions. :D

Trey
07-20-2005, 06:51 PM
So why is it that you are still talking Trey? You're kind of defeating your point by still talking. I've never heard anything about your car. Is it still stock?
You're just :blah: :blah: :blah:

YUP. All stock here. If you were into SCCA stuff you'd know why. :D

And you'd NEVER hear anything about my car, tuned or not, because I have no need to BRAG like some people on the 'net. ;)

BLAH BLAH BLAH. lol

WRX_STi
07-20-2005, 07:10 PM
why cant you share your experences since you have moved on to bigger and better blocks?

Because they are like secret agent men and big bad internet pimps lol

Big Baller
07-20-2005, 07:56 PM
You want to know whats safe.

Stock, stock is perfectly fine, then you dont have to worry about it.

Honestly, you can make 400hp, I dont know how long it will last like that I didnt blow mine up.

As far as turbo placement goes Ill have my new upipe soon enough.

This suby is done and I think its time for a new project, maybe a subaru for the One Lap next year.

Matt

BufordŽ
07-23-2005, 06:07 PM
This suby is done and I think its time for a new project, maybe a subaru for the One Lap next year.

Matt

Nice goal.

rollin_hard
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Tray is a full time employee for Topspeed now, he works the front end taking orders for Doug

sorry, it just sounded funny in my head.

Genya
07-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Thread cannot die in peace? lol j/k

Nice numbers, should be fun to watch.

Im presuming everyone will be at the showdown? :)