PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Elise accident (fatal)

Doppelgänger
04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow, have not found any details really, but thats one nasty wreck. Gore aside, i think its worse then the Porsche wreck post awhile back.

http://www.ppbb.com/scgi-bin/boards/986/main.pl?read=1198088

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/mm2556/04_26_07_Pin_In_001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/mm2556/04_26_07_Pin_In_004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/mm2556/04_26_07_Pin_In_005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/mm2556/04_26_07_Pin_In_006.jpg

thinkfast®
04-30-2007, 08:28 AM
so much for seatbelts savin lives

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 08:30 AM
wow that sucks. please post details of cause of wreck if you find it.

Ed
04-30-2007, 08:35 AM
looks like an elise? you sure its a porsche?

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 08:48 AM
nice skillz ed.

The Ren
04-30-2007, 08:49 AM
holy hell... it looks like the damn front exploded

thinkfast®
04-30-2007, 08:49 AM
WHY DID MY POST GET DELETED???!? lol

Echonova
04-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Finally, a Lotus I can afford.

81911SC
04-30-2007, 08:50 AM
No, he means it is worse then the Porsche wreck.:goodjob:

Doppelgänger
04-30-2007, 08:51 AM

check your eyes and read again?? :thinking:

lol

Ed
04-30-2007, 08:52 AM
check your eyes and read again?? :thinking:

lol

:doh:

i feel so dumb. sorry reading in the morning owns me.

:lmfao:

Ed
04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
nice skillz ed.

shut up smart guy! lol

Sport1.3
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
It'll buff out

Ran
04-30-2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38859

Man dies after 3-vehicle wreck

An Austin man died Thursday after the car he was driving collided with two pickups in western Travis County, a Texas Department of Public Safety official said.

Jack Griffith, 41, was traveling west at a high speed on FM 2244 between West Lake Hills and Bee Cave just after 1:30 p.m. when he lost control of his car and hit an eastbound GMC pickup driven by William Jackson, 42, of Austin, DPS communications operator Analisa Guerra said. Then the car collided with an eastbound Ford pickup driven by Cutberto Segura, 29, of Austin, Guerra said.

Griffith was taken to Brackenridge Hospital, where he died.

Jackson, Segura, and two passengers in the Ford — Oscar Anjeles, 24, and Armando Carrillo, 31 — were taken to St. David's Hospital, and all were in stable condition, Guerra said.

Everyone involved in the crash was wearing a seat belt, Guerra said.
Word is that he hit at 112mph. Sounds like a 41 yr. old street racer.

Doppelgänger
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
:doh:

i feel so dumb. sorry reading in the morning owns me.

:lmfao:

'sall good

tony
04-30-2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38859

Words from forums say he hit at 112mph. Sounds like a 41 yr. old street racer.

Everyone can pass judgement but most with a car that is capable have hit those speeds or higher, I read the boards and from what I can tell this is a guy who just enjoyed what he had.. I'd much rather have lived and died as he did than live my life at 55mph every day leading a monotonous life.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bzrd69

http://www.hostdub.com/albums/VR62NV/jack_griffith.sized.jpg

RIP.. may not know the guy but at the end of the day I admire what he was able to accomplish in his lifetime.

Sport1.3
04-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Everyone can pass judgement but most with a car that is capable have hit those speeds or higher, I read the boards and from what I can tell this is a guy who just enjoyed what he had.. I'd much rather have lived and died as he did than live my life at 55mph every day leading a monotonous life.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bzrd69

http://www.hostdub.com/albums/VR62NV/jack_griffith.sized.jpg

RIP.. may not know the guy but at the end of the day I admire what he was able to accomplish in his lifetime.

Regardless of your opinion those Limits are placed to maintain your safety as well as those around you. Endangering your life and the lives of other innocent motorists just to experience a cheap thrill is idiotic. There is a time and place for that type of spirited driving and it sure as hell isn’t the hwy......personally I feel bad for the ppl he has inconvenienced by his immature actions. What he did is basically the same thing as suicide....HE knew the risks involved, HE took the action, and HE paid the consequences

Ran
04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Everyone can pass judgement but most with a car that is capable have hit those speeds or higher, I read the boards and from what I can tell this is a guy who just enjoyed what he had.112mph on a public road. Kind of hard to feel bad for somebody that gets themselves killed doing something stupid. Even worse, he hit two other vehicles and put other people in the hospital. Yeah, he's really a hero.

I'd much rather have lived and died as he did than live my life at 55mph every day leading a monotonous life.Live your life to the fullest by all means. Hell, I was supposed to leave on a trip myself here in a few weeks but family issues are keeping me home. I've nothing against living life and enjoying it, but don't be f*cking stupid and endanger other people in the process.

Sol-Badguy
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow, I remember the Porsche accident..

This is bad.

13Bracer
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Wow, I remember the Porsche accident..

This is bad.
anyone have a link to the porsche one? guess i missed that one...

Ran
04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
anyone have a link to the porsche one? guess i missed that one...
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92042&highlight=porsche+accident

13Bracer
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92042&highlight=porsche+accidentthanks man......pics dont show up anymore but by the comment it sounds pretty bad...

Ran
04-30-2007, 12:02 PM
It was bad. The rolled a Cabriolet and slammed into the tollbooth top first at over 100mph. Pics were of the car and (lack of) the female driver. Pretty gruesome.

Kyle
04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
I imagine a majority of accidents involving elise's are fatal or total the car.

Mike Lowrey
04-30-2007, 01:45 PM

Um, why would you say that?

GSRteg®
04-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Damn thats all I can say:screwy:

sleepys4
04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Yesterday when i was in Chicago, i picked up the newspaper and it had a pic of some 2 kids that died in a high speed accident. They said it was some kind of bmw, and the speedometer was froze at 173, but unless it was a m5, i don't believe it. Ill see if i can find a link.

Ran
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Yesterday when i was in Chicago, i picked up the newspaper and it had a pic of some 2 kids that died in a high speed accident. They said it was some kind of bmw, and the speedometer was froze at 173, but unless it was a m5, i don't believe it. Ill see if i can find a link.I got ya.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117614&page=1&pp=20

tony
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM
112mph on a public road. Kind of hard to feel bad for somebody that gets themselves killed doing something stupid. Even worse, he hit two other vehicles and put other people in the hospital. Yeah, he's really a hero.

Live your life to the fullest by all means. Hell, I was supposed to leave on a trip myself here in a few weeks but family issues are keeping me home. I've nothing against living life and enjoying it, but don't be f*cking stupid and endanger other people in the process.

I'm sorry, I didnt realize you were in the car with him when he died. A speedometer lying on the road is not conclusive, especially when the car was smashed to pieces.. you're telling me through all that the speedometer is going to show the accurate speed?

Any time you get on the road you're putting your life and others in danger, but assuming the guy was a "41 year old street racer" is spitting on his grave when you did not even know him. From what I can tell the guy was very competent and how do you know there was not a tire blowout? Or some other malfunction.

We all have made dumb decisions but I guess you can keep being the perfect driver on the road and continue to point fingers, I'll take the situation for what it is.. an unfortunate accident.

Doppelgänger
04-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry, I didnt realize you were in the car with him when he died. A speedometer lying on the road is not conclusive, especially when the car was smashed to pieces.. you're telling me through all that the speedometer is going to show the accurate speed?

Any time you get on the road you're putting your life and others in danger, but assuming the guy was a "41 year old street racer" is spitting on his grave when you did not even know him. From what I can tell the guy was very competent and how do you know there was not a tire blowout? Or some other malfunction.

We all have made dumb decisions but I guess you can keep being the perfect driver on the road and continue to point fingers, I'll take the situation for what it is.. an unfortunate accident.

Because it if VERY common for analog speedometers go get stuck in the last position/speed in a hard accident. The guy was obviously hauling ass... thats no 55mph kinda accident... just look at the debris field. He clearly shouldnt have been doing whatever he was doing, should been out late at night with no one on the road or at a track. Why does anyone assume he was even "street racing" and not simply speeding for no reason?

Accident? yes. Avoidable? completely.

Doppelgänger
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM

because someone is ignorant and knows everything... probably works for a insurance company too :rolleyes:

tony
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
To post from an actual owner of an Elise:

I'm disturbed by the people posting claiming he was racing or even speeding. We don't know what happened. I suspect that if you're doing 65mph and get sidewiped into a slide into oncoming traffic, an oncomming truck of sufficient mass will make the front of an Elise disappear just like we see here.

Also, I've had the instrument cluster out and you can make the needle move around by shaking it too hard. My guess ... the needle is pointing towards the direction of sudden deceleration. Please stow the claims of speed or racing until we know more.

Couldn't have said it better.. if you were there you can speak, otherwise you do not know. I guarantee if the guy was still alive there is a reasonable explanation but he's not. Take it for what its worth, be safe but if you've ever street raced or driven over the speed limit there is no room to pass judgement. Members of an automotive enthusiast site.. you would think would be more understanding than anyone since we're so quickly labeled as street racers but its whatever. Continue the assumptions..

Ran
04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry, I didnt realize you were in the car with him when he died. A speedometer lying on the road is not conclusive, especially when the car was smashed to pieces.. you're telling me through all that the speedometer is going to show the accurate speed?Ah yes, and you were there? I'm sure that all vehicles in 55mph accidents end up looking like they had a bomb under the bonnet. :rolleyes: Racing another car? Maybe not, but judging by the accident, it's almost obvious he wasn't doing 55mph.

"He was older so he must be have been nothing more than an upstanding citizen. No adventurous, life loving man such as this would ever do something as evil as excessive speeding!"

:police:

Any time you get on the road you're putting your life and others in danger, but assuming the guy was a "41 year old street racer" is spitting on his grave when you did not even know him. From what I can tell the guy was very competent and how do you know there was not a tire blowout? Or some other malfunction.From what you can tell by a few forum posts? Wow, I await the written biography by the guy who started the forums. You sure are quick to defend a man who crashed at an excessive rate of speed and put other people in the hospital. I wonder if you'll be as understanding when some aged speeder in a vette puts your kids in the hospital?

As it stands, it could go either way. Should it turn out that he had some freak malfuntion like his Sparco steering wheel coming off or something then, okay, I'll retract my statements. But from the looks of it, I highly doubt that's the case.

tony
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Ran, I seriously hope nobody ever goes out of their way to disrespect your life should you see an early death as this guy did. (who you do not know anything about)

You can see by the forum over there how this guy affected those around him, he could have been speeding excessively and it could have been an accident.. either way I don't believe he deserves disrespect or to be called a "41 year old street racer."

I can't really argue with ignorance so I'll let it go :goodjob:

Ran
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
If I get killed as a result of my own stupidity or what-not, then feel free to call me a moron after I'm gone. :)

I've read thru the forums and seen how people are reacting. Yeah, it does sound like he was a pretty cool guy who lived a great life. That part I can respect. Kudos to him for living a fulfilling life. I, however, refuse to show the same respect due to (assumingly) him causing his own death as a result of a moment's stupidity.

Again, if this was a freak accident then I retract my statements and I hope he fares well in the here-after. I'm just saying that the evidence shows otherwise at this point. Not trying to argue with you, just calling it how I see it.

Alan®
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
there was one worse than this with an enzo ill find the link and post it it puts this one to shame

Kyle
04-30-2007, 05:25 PM

because someone is ignorant and knows everything... probably works for a insurance company too :rolleyes:
Are you referring to me Mike?

In response to richw131, I hope you are joking. If not, I would say I imagine most accidents are fatal because they are extremely small cars. If an suv were to hit it, it would do significant damage. And a head on colision, with that small of a front end would likely be fatal as well.

Alan®
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
here it is i copied the article from another web site

Swedish fraudster Stefan Eriksson crashed his Enzo, while drunk, at 199mph on the Pacific Coast Highway. A videotape recovered from the car showed he was racing a Mercedes SLR at the time. The Enzo broke in two but Eriksson suffered only a cut lip. After the accident he was arrested and found to be facing a long list of other charges including embezzlement and gun possession. He is currently serving three years.

EM1toEVO
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
The body is full carbon fiber on an elise, isn't it?

Alan®
04-30-2007, 05:34 PM
^^^no its not

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
thanks man......pics dont show up anymore but by the comment it sounds pretty bad...

you want pics i got pics here you go but now we have to change this to not work safe.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/leadfoot_mf/headless2.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/leadfoot_mf/headless.jpg

enjoy :goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
the enzo wreck is not as bad as either of these two wreck cause the dude walked away from it.

Doppelgänger
04-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Are you referring to me Mike?

In response to richw131, I hope you are joking. If not, I would say I imagine most accidents are fatal because they are extremely small cars. If an suv were to hit it, it would do significant damage. And a head on colision, with that small of a front end would likely be fatal as well.

Meh, i was being a bit more snide then i should have been, my apologies.

Kyle
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Meh, i was being a bit more snide then i should have been, my apologies.
Fair enough. I was thinking to myself "he wasnt a dick when I met him at the Shorty Howell meet." (remember that one where maybe 5 people showed up)

Alan®
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
the enzo wreck is not as bad as either of these two wreck cause the dude walked away from it.

well i figured as long we were talking about speed related accidents. the details of the crash were the guy was DRUNK racing an slr down the highway lost control of the car at 199mph hopped a curb the car got airborne sideways splitting in two when it hit the telephone pole the guy got out and told the cops he WASNT SPEEDING and that he couldnt remember what happened. a few people did end up in the hospital as a result of the guys carelessness. it was later found out that the guy had stolen both the slr that he was racing and the enzo in europe and was being charged with embezzlement because he was running a dumby corporation and fled to the us to avoid trial.

i figure this is worse cause the guy knew what he was doing then tried to cover it up and put a few people in the hospital instead of being a man and owning up to his actions which i would assume both the people involved in both accidents would have done and if i remember right the whole reason the porsche accident happened, was the girl got into a fight with her parents got wasted stole her dadies porsche then led the police on a high speed chase that resulted in the accident depicted in those pictures. so in my opinion the enzo wreck was worse because the guy didnt die. personally the other two got what they deserved they both did incredibly stupid things of the other two crashes the porsche was by far worse.

i say all this because i lost my best friend because of someone elses stupid driving and i was nice to them because they were also a friend of mine but after awhile i realized that there was no reason for the guy to be doing at least twice the speed limit on a narrow two lane road with his best friend in the passenger seat. so................

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 10:23 PM
^^^ wrong on both wrecks but hey go with what you read on the posts sounds so much better than the truth or what ACTUAL witnesses state.

arcticman37
04-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey guys shouldn't this be in the kills forum??? J/K sucks for everyone who was injured or killed but like always you gotta pay to play

Alan®
04-30-2007, 10:47 PM
wrong on what two accidents cause there were three in my last post not including the one that killed my buddy i may have gotten the porsche one wrong but i know that there was a silver boxster involved in something similar and that was what the story was forgive me what if i was wrong just going off the information i have read

Leadfoot_mf
04-30-2007, 10:56 PM
you made a good attempt but still i hate when people try to add to the story they know nothing about. do some research its easy now a days and back what u say with links thats all i am saying.

Alan®
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
you still havent told me which accidents im wrong about i only ask that you do so that i may rectify what i said not trying to start anything just trying to figure out where im wrong

Hektik
05-01-2007, 12:20 AM
tony i usualy agree with your post.... but i just cant agree with this one... i feel sorry for his family and his friends because they lost someone in their life, i feel sorry for the others involved in the accident because they lost their lives, i how ever do not feel for this guy he placed his own life in danger as well as others. no matter how he lived his life before this situation, this time he made a poor decision and got the best of him.... all i can say is R.I.P. to him and wish the best to the others who were hurt..

BuBBa DRiFT
05-01-2007, 12:31 AM
i dont see no gore. lia

81911SC
05-01-2007, 12:32 AM
i dont see no gore. lia
All I see is a post filled with double negatives.:no:

CVGTURBO86
05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
wow that is aweful! RIP

Mike Lowrey
05-01-2007, 05:25 AM

Not joking. Just wondering why one car accident leaves you to believe that you "imagine" MOST elise accidents are deadly. Taking one data point and drawing a conclusion is not very smart.

StupidBikerBoy
05-01-2007, 06:32 AM
112mph on a public road. Kind of hard to feel bad for somebody that gets themselves killed doing something stupid. Even worse, he hit two other vehicles and put other people in the hospital. Yeah, he's really a hero.

Live your life to the fullest by all means. Hell, I was supposed to leave on a trip myself here in a few weeks but family issues are keeping me home. I've nothing against living life and enjoying it, but don't be f*cking stupid and endanger other people in the process.

We ALL make choices that endanger other people all the time. Its a sad truth.

If you believe you have never made a decision that endangered others, you need to open your eyes.

R.I.P.

Ran
05-01-2007, 06:50 AM
We ALL make choices that endanger other people all the time. Its a sad truth.

If you believe you have never made a decision that endangered others, you need to open your eyes.I know that I have in the past, but that doesn't make it right.

JDM-95-Hatch
05-01-2007, 08:00 AM
in my opinion the 41 year old guy was speeding, How many people put Advan A048's on their sports car to drive around at the speed limit. True he may go to the track on the weekends but most people with expensive track tires do not daily drive them.

Ran
05-01-2007, 08:16 AM
you want pics i got pics here you go but now we have to change this to not work safe.

enjoy :goodjob:Dude, take off the image tags and make them links. That sh*t is gross.

Doppelgänger
05-01-2007, 09:12 AM
in my opinion the 41 year old guy was speeding, How many people put Advan A048's on their sports car to drive around at the speed limit. True he may go to the track on the weekends but most people with expensive track tires do not daily drive them.

the cars come stock with AO48's.......

Doppelgänger
05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Tim, please make turn those images into url's, thx.

Sport1.3
05-01-2007, 09:47 AM

SURE DO!

Leadfoot_mf
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
pussys

Leadfoot_mf
05-01-2007, 10:55 AM

people who are not poor. and want the best tires for their car.

Mike Lowrey
05-01-2007, 11:25 AM

Yes they do! :D

...at least on the sport package.....have it and lovin' it.

JDM-95-Hatch
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
damn for real? i didnt know that, +1 for the elise

Kyle
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Not joking. Just wondering why one car accident leaves you to believe that you "imagine" MOST elise accidents are deadly.
The car is tiny, and doesnt have that many safety features.

The car weighs 1800 lbs, and it is less than four feet tall. Imagine if it was hit by an SUV weighing 4000+lbs at a reasonable speed. I would IMAGINE that would be fatal. Cars under 3000lbs are light these days, so the elise is tiny by todays standards.

Taking one data point and drawing a conclusion is not very smart.
I agree. BUT that is not what I did. I have always imagined that most accidents involving lotuse elise's are fatal, I didnt base my opinion on this thread.