PDA

View Full Version : How do you determine the "Stages" ?

BuBBa DRiFT
04-30-2007, 01:03 AM
You always hear about a "Stage 1 Turbo Kit" or more often a "Stage 2 or Stage 3 Clutch" Well what determines the stages?

I was told for clutches its the general WHP range, a Stage 3 would be good up to 300whp and under etc, etc, but as a sacrifice for a street car, the higher the Stage the more of a pain it is in traffic and parking lots etc.

But what about turbo kits, what determines a factory turbo kit, from a stage 1, to a stage 2 turbo kit?

reps for in depth correct answers :goodjob:

speedminded
04-30-2007, 11:39 AM
You always hear about a "Stage 1 Turbo Kit" or more often a "Stage 2 or Stage 3 Clutch" Well what determines the stages?

I was told for clutches its the general WHP range, a Stage 3 would be good up to 300whp and under etc, etc, but as a sacrifice for a street car, the higher the Stage the more of a pain it is in traffic and parking lots etc.

But what about turbo kits, what determines a factory turbo kit, from a stage 1, to a stage 2 turbo kit?

reps for in depth correct answers :goodjob:Depends on the company and product...Stage 1 Lingenfelter or Stillen mods may not be the same as Stage 1 Dinan.

As for clutches just look at most manufacturers websites, clutchmaster for example...the compound and pressure plate changes for each stage then I think up to III is still sprung but IV & V+ aren't...then you start getting into multiple discs, etc.

GTScoob
04-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Its very hard to compare stages between individual car makes and companies. One company's stage 2 might be another company's stage 4.

Its really just a useless measure with the lower numbers meaning more streetable and the higher stages more race applicable stuff. I laugh when I hear people say that they're running a stage 3 turbo, stage 4 clutch. I'd just rather hear GT30R turbo, Exedy twin-disk clutch.

speedminded
04-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Its very hard to compare stages between individual car makes and companies. One company's stage 2 might be another company's stage 4.

Its really just a useless measure with the lower numbers meaning more streetable and the higher stages more race applicable stuff. I laugh when I hear people say that they're running a stage 3 turbo, stage 4 clutch. I'd just rather hear GT30R turbo, Exedy twin-disk clutch.It's the one thing I think I can blame on video games, just like when racing online and some kid comes on asking if we can play a differant map....it's NOT Halo, it's Nürburgring, it's a track not a map and if you can't handle the track then get the fuck out :tongue:

yudalicious
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
stage 1: street use
stage 2: street use with racing and burnouts
stage 3: mostly race use, streetability decreases
stage 4: FULL OUT RACE DO NOT USE THIS YOU WILL REGRET IT! THIS IS WHAT F1 CARS AND THE D1 DRIFTERS USE I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS!

Sometimes tehre's inbetween stages, like stage 1.5, 2.5 etc. so for a car that sees mostly street use I'd say stage 2 suspension, turbo, nitrous, clutch, brake system should be good. It is what I have on my car.

speedminded
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
stage 1: street use
stage 2: street use with racing and burnouts
stage 3: mostly race use, streetability decreases
stage 4: FULL OUT RACE DO NOT USE THIS YOU WILL REGRET IT! THIS IS WHAT F1 CARS AND THE D1 DRIFTERS USE I REPEAT DO NOT USE THIS!

Sometimes tehre's inbetween stages, like stage 1.5, 2.5 etc. so for a car that sees mostly street use I'd say stage 2 suspension, turbo, nitrous, clutch, brake system should be good. It is what I have on my car.LOLOLOLOLOL, Helllllooooo Bryan Spilner!!

You're saying a "Stage 4" clutch for a b-series engines is what's used in F1 cars?!!!

While you're at it, please elaborate on the differant "stages" of brake systems, enlighten me OR amuse me...whichever comes first. hrmmm, wonder what "stage" does that make my car?

Mr_Mischif
04-30-2007, 04:46 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL, Helllllooooo Bryan Spilner!!

You're saying a "Stage 4" clutch for a b-series engines is what's used in F1 cars?!!!

While you're at it, please elaborate on the differant "stages" of brake systems, enlighten me OR amuse me...whichever comes first. hrmmm, wonder what "stage" does that make my car?

I think that's what he thought it should be.

Benefit
04-30-2007, 04:50 PM
buy need for speed underground , they have it all listed there

Sol-Badguy
04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
buy need for speed underground , they have it all listed there
:lmfao:

b17a1db2
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
i know for clutches. exedy's stage 1 disc, is like most others stage2, being a organic type full disc. then exedys stage 2 disc, is a 3 puck cerametallic type, while others stage 3 would be a 6 puck design of the similar material. but that's for clutches. but not all manufacturers go by a certain, stage, this, is always, that. as far as turbos. i'm clueless. lol

BuBBa DRiFT
05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
so pretty much ask for name of part models, not stages. gotcha.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2007, 07:27 AM
LOL i love how people in gainesville wanna put a stage two clutch in there stock car. no wait they ahve a AEM CAI and a Muffler so yeah they gotta have atleast like 400 whp. then they talk about how they are putting on a stage 2 turbo or higher ont heir stock motor or about how they are gonna get a stage 3 twin turbo H22...:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Bruce Leroy
05-01-2007, 08:27 AM
I HATE when people talk about shit in stages. Just tell me what you have on your car.

Yeah I got a stage 3 turbo on my caviler with a stage 7 ecu.... It hauls ass :blah:

:gay: :gay:

cactusEG
05-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I HATE when people talk about shit in stages. Just tell me what you have on your car.

:gay: :gay:

yea for real :goodjob:

yudalicious
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL, Helllllooooo Bryan Spilner!!

Bryan Spilner is a legen amongst us import street racers. We need NOS yo, stage 3!

PacoX
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Yudalicious has it wrong, Stage 4 is for amateur racing like high HP turbo setup, drifting, autox, etc. Stage 5 is for stuff like Nascar, Le Mans, F1, and so on. He just forgot a stage, don't jump on his nuts about it. Sheesh!

remoer
05-27-2007, 11:05 AM
in truth i hate what video games has done to our love of cars. in truth you should do extensive research on your build. in sense everything in your build. let's take my build, i have an 90 si tranny going in to a allmotor build. i will see close to 200whp w/no problem. now my problem is making sure that my power stays at the wheels. so i in turn purchase a 12lbs flywheel and then a "ghey stage 1" clutch which is around 12-15% more grip. but then i found a clutch master "ghey stage 3" kevlar clutch w/70% more grip than oem.

§treet_§peed
05-27-2007, 03:27 PM
imma put a stage 1901729837287389171987 clutch for my d16y7