PDA

View Full Version : Misc Laptop GPS...

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Anyone heard or, better yet, tried out this? LINK!!! (http://www.gpsnow.com/em.htm) It's on sale now for $60 and I was wondering if anyone thought this could be ok. Later, QD.

DJ XtRaKŠ
04-29-2007, 10:53 PM
yes mike...its pretty cool and DeLorme is one of the better companies for GPS and maps. its sells pretty good at our store sooooooo....yeah....good shit playa

osnap
04-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Yep. We sell it at work (Best Buy) and have had generally positive feedback. As a matter of fact, one particular gentleman i see in the store every once in a while is a trucker. I recommended it to him on a whim a few months ago when he bought a laptop from me... and he absolutely loves it. I assume you're looking into this because of your new job title? (Congrats on that, by the way.) I'd be glad to ask him for a brief review the next time he stops by, if you'd like.

markopolo311
04-30-2007, 12:08 AM
you should go read the stickies in the GPS Forum at MP3car

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

David88vert
04-30-2007, 06:19 AM
I have one. Works well. Have used it cross-country even.

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2007, 09:06 AM
I assume you're looking into this because of your new job title? (Congrats on that, by the way.)

Thanks, but no I'm not looking for it for my job. The trucks are eqipped with onboard computers with GPS already. This would be for my car. Later, QD.

joecoolfreak
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
That's not a bad one, but if you are looking around, you might want to consider a model with blue tooth. It's a little more convenient to have the gps not attached to the laptop to get better reception. That is assuming that your laptop has blue tooth as well. If not, it's only about another 30 dollars for a decent adapter, but you might be looking for the cheapest solution.

phongt12
04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
We sell that at my work too. It's pretty decent, but like all mapping software, it does have its flaws. In short, it's cheap, but I wouldn't trust my life on it.

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2007, 06:07 PM
That's not a bad one, but if you are looking around, you might want to consider a model with blue tooth. It's a little more convenient to have the gps not attached to the laptop to get better reception. That is assuming that your laptop has blue tooth as well. If not, it's only about another 30 dollars for a decent adapter, but you might be looking for the cheapest solution.

I doubt that my laptop has bluetooth, but the gps unit mounts on the dash with a USB cord going to computer. Sorry if you already knew that. Not trying to condescend you. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
We sell that at my work too. It's pretty decent, but like all mapping software, it does have its flaws. In short, it's cheap, but I wouldn't trust my life on it.

Well, it wouldn't be for my life, lolol. Just thought it might be neat for $50. Later, QD.

David88vert
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM
QD, come by and pick up mine. Try it out for a couple of weeks and see if you like it.

joecoolfreak
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I doubt that my laptop has bluetooth, but the gps unit mounts on the dash with a USB cord going to computer. Sorry if you already knew that. Not trying to condescend you. Later, QD.

No problem...I did know that...that is why I was suggesting the blue tooth model because it is not always convienient to have a usb cable dangling around from the seat or wherever you may have the laptop to the dash. Again...was just suggesting another alternative that you may have not considered.

quickdodgeŽ
04-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks, Joe. And David, I'll do that. Preciate it. Later, QD.