PDA

View Full Version : Misc Statesboro People

Blitanicle99
04-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Im moving doing to Statesboro in august, obviously going to southern. Ive been down there plently of times with friends to hang out for the weekend but what do people do there for fun other than party and drink?
All I know is I plan on having my motorcycle down there....
Who all lives down there?

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Who all lives down there?

Not one single person lives down there. Lolol. There really is nothing to do. You will be only about an hour from the coast of GA, though. And that's a huge plus. Savannah is just down I-16 from there. I'd do it just for the ocean part of it. Later, QD.

cactusEG
04-29-2007, 04:35 PM
its more bum fuck than where i live....

Blitanicle99
04-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Shitty. It makes me proud since its one of the very few universities I could get in to.....

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2007, 04:42 PM
It'll be cool if you like the beach/ocean. I'd love it since it's so close, yet not right at it. Later, QD.

Blitanicle99
04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Thats very true. Savannah is pretty cool. Only been there once but I liked it.

cactusEG
04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
i've never seen the ocean

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Thats very true. Savannah is pretty cool. Only been there once but I liked it.

The more time you spend, the more you'll like it. Plus the surrounding coastal areas. Later, QD.

Hulud
04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Shitty. It makes me proud since its one of the very few universities I could get in to.....
thats sad

BigBoosting
04-29-2007, 07:13 PM
There's actually a bunch of people down there...visit bigboosting.com it's a local Statesboro car forum that has a ton of people on there and quite a few people with bikes to ride with

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2007, 07:33 PM
There's actually a bunch of people down there...visit bigboosting.com it's a local Statesboro car forum that has a ton of people on there and quite a few people with bikes to ride with

Umm. I was just joking. Later, QD.

Blitanicle99
04-29-2007, 09:15 PM
thats sad
Trust me I am aware.

98silver328i
05-01-2007, 02:48 AM
A lot of drinking goes on around here b/c there is isn't a whole hell of a lot else to do. I mean, there is, but not like things that you plan for, or things that are out of the ordinary. You know, sometimes people just hang out, go to the pool, go fishing, etc. Once in a while, on a nice day, people will get together and go have lunch and a few drinks outside at one of the bars. Sometimes it can be hard to find stuff to do when your not in class, b/c some people are in class when your not, and vice versa. Some people study and shit like that after class, but I don't. Between classes, I usally just browse the web, take naps, chain smoke, etc. Once everyone starts to come out for the night, shit gets fun. You'll find stuff to do.

man
05-01-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm coming back for the summer bitches, get ready. If anyone in the Statesboro area wants to hit up some wild parties, let me know.

98silver328i
05-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Oh, just thought I'd add, whatever you do, try to set up your schedule so that you don't have Friday classes. Thursday nights are a big thing around here. It's like a lot of people kick off their weekends a day early. Also, watch out for cops. They hand out MIP's and speeding tickets like candy. The sneaky bastards always hide in the darkest places they can find, and when you least expect it, they pop out and fuck you over.

man
05-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Oh, just thought I'd add, whatever you do, try to set up your schedule so that you don't have Friday classes. Thursday nights are a big thing around here. It's like a lot of people kick off their weekends a day early. Also, watch out for cops. They hand out MIP's and speeding tickets like candy. The sneaky bastards always hide in the darkest places they can find, and when you least expect it, they pop and out and fuck you over.

Hell yeah, Thursdays are ridiculous. But then again, so are M/T/W/F/S every once in a while.

98silver328i
05-01-2007, 02:57 AM
I'm coming back for the summer bitches, get ready. If anyone in the Statesboro area wants to hit up some wild parties, let me know.

IDK if more than like 4 people are gonna be here. I don't want to go home for summer, but at the same time, there will hardly be anyone else here.

man
05-01-2007, 02:59 AM
IDK if more than like 4 people are gonna be here. I don't want to go home for summer, but at the same time, there will hardly be anyone else here.

Most of my buddies are hangin' around, it's gonna get crazy. Maybe we can have a GSU IA meet

98silver328i
05-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Hell yeah, Thursdays are ridiculous. But then again, so are M/T/W/F/S every once in a while.

True. But that shit's mostly at the beginning of the semester. Once it starts to wind down, there aren't as many M/T/W parties. Most of time if I feel like having a few drink on a M/T/W, I end up at Dos Primos or Oasis for about an hour and a half. And then when I leave, I'm always like "well, that was boring."

man
05-01-2007, 03:08 AM
True. But that shit's mostly at the beginning of the semester. Once it starts to wind down, there aren't as many M/T/W parties. Most of time if I feel like having a few drink on a M/T/W, I end up at Dos Primos or Oasis for about an hour and a half. And then when I leave, I'm always like "well, that was boring."

Yeah, I really don't ever end up at the bars. They aren't bad on the weekends though.

98silver328i
05-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I really don't ever end up at the bars. They aren't bad on the weekends though.

Yeah, they aren't bad, but they do get kind of crowded on weekends.

Blitanicle99
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmm so get friday off and start the weekend early... Good idea. Thanks. Do alot of people ride motorcylces down there? My buddy I work with Trip just graduated and he rode his CBR all the time. Im kinda worried about parking it someplace other than the bed of my truck for saftey and being able to ride it. Ive got the option to live off campus with one of my female friends (strictly friends, we tried it and didnt work) in a nice apartment. Its all if I get in a decent dorm or not, if its not nice I got a good apartment. Any other idears?

98silver328i
05-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Hmm so get friday off and start the weekend early... Good idea. Thanks. Do alot of people ride motorcylces down there? My buddy I work with Trip just graduated and he rode his CBR all the time. Im kinda worried about parking it someplace other than the bed of my truck for saftey and being able to ride it. Ive got the option to live off campus with one of my female friends (strictly friends, we tried it and didnt work) in a nice apartment. Its all if I get in a decent dorm or not, if its not nice I got a good apartment. Any other idears?

People ride motorcycles to and from class all the time. There seems to be ample parking for motorcycles.

98silver328i
05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I also wanted to add a couple more things. GO TO CLASS. They're gonna tell you that bull shit at orientation, but it is important. I used to rarely go to class. I've been going everyday for the last 5 weeks or so, but it's a little late to fix what I already fucked up. I'm on academic probation and if I don't have good grades at the end of this semester, I'll be on academic expulsion. And that shit will suck. Plus, if you go to class and take half decent notes you won't have to study as hard for tests and you'll do a lot better on tests. Also, watch out for Statesboro PD. They hand out speeding tickets and MIP's like candy. They hide in darkest places they can find, and when you least expect it, they pop out and fuck you over.

Blitanicle99
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Eh I rarely skip. Ive probably skipped 10 times in my 5 years of highschool. Wait... Thats embarresing. lol

man
05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
I also wanted to add a couple more things. GO TO CLASS. They're gonna tell you that bull shit at orientation, but it is important. I used to rarely go to class. I've been going everyday for the last 5 weeks or so, but it's a little late to fix what I already fucked up. I'm on academic probation and if I don't have good grades at the end of this semester, I'll be on academic expulsion. And that shit will suck. Plus, if you go to class and take half decent notes you won't have to study as hard for tests and you'll do a lot better on tests. Also, watch out for Statesboro PD. They hand out speeding tickets and MIP's like candy. They hide in darkest places they can find, and when you least expect it, they pop out and fuck you over.

Haha, I never went to class freshman year (went to chem 6 times). Came out on Dean's list both semesters. But for real, most of my friends did the same thing and aren't coming back. It's all about managing your time.

AirMax95
05-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I was there for in school for 5 years. You will get used to it. Lot's of nice cars/bikes/random parties all week.

2 degrees, 2 jobs, and 1 year later = i still go back for a weekend of fun!

man
06-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Anybody want to meet up sometime this week for food or something?

cornercarver78
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
go race your bike at roebling??

Blitanicle99
06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Right... 63 days till im there. Fuck yesssss

Accordingly
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I go to southern also...At first its boring as hell but after a semester or so you won't want to leave. And yes there is a car/bike scene, bigboosting. I've only been to one meet but everyone is cool.

Oh, and the campus is beautiful. I'd venture to say one of the nicest college campus's in GA. They put alot of $$$ into it. I'm in the chemistry building right now actually. Just dont drink yourslef to death and drop out (common down here).