PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Car Accident

TheGodfather
04-29-2007, 01:47 PM
For Bellmore teens, a horrible wake-up call

BY EMERSON CLARRIDGE
Special to Newsday

April 28, 2007, 8:48 PM EDT

It was the last place they expected to be on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

But many of the 35 teenagers who gathered in the median of the Northern State Parkway in Dix Hills Saturday said they simply had to come see the spot where two high school buddies died in a horrific car crash Thursday night.
"I didn't want to come but I had to come," said Deena Polsinelli, 16, who said that just hours before the crash, one of the victims, Giacomo "Jack" Alfieri, had asked her to go to the prom.

"Jack was my prom date, and Mike was my best friend," said Polsinelli, referring to the other victim, Michael Moniz. Both victims were 17.

They sifted through a vast debris field of car parts and latex gloves left behind after the crash in which the two seniors at John F. Kennedy High School in Bellmore were killed after their car hit a tree in the median at more than 100 mph. at 8:27 p.m.

With Moniz, of Bellmore, in the passenger seat, Alfieri, of Merrick, was weaving in and out of traffic in his father's 2007 BMW in the eastbound lanes of the parkway just west of Exit 42, Deer Park Avenue, when the accident occurred, police said.

The mourners gathered at the crash site Saturday to erect a memorial. They left flowers, candles and tied a cross made of red, white and green flowers to the tree where their friends' lives ended.

As she watched her son Marc, 18, tie a cross to the tree, Suzanne Frank said the accident would not stop teens from driving at high speeds, but it should.

"Certainly for our kids it's a wake-up call," she said.

Both victims' families announced plans for funeral services Saturday. Visiting for Alfieri will be Monday from 2 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. at the N.F. Walker Funeral Home in Merrick. His funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. on Tuesday at the Cure of Ars Parish in Merrick.

The viewing for Moniz will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9:30 p.m. at the Bartholomew Funeral Home in Bellmore. The funeral Mass will be Monday at 11:45 a.m. at St. Barnabas Catholic Church in Bellmore.

At the crash scene Saturday, teenagers spent the afternoon sifting through the brush. They found earphones, a gray headrest and Alfieri's acceptance letter to Hofstra University, where he had planned to study business in the fall. He was an only child who had burns on his arms from pulling hot pizzas out of the ovens at the Bohemia restaurant that his family runs.

"His father, Anthony, will probably never be the same," said Barbara Skelly, a former waitress at Saviano's on Sunrise Highway that the Alfieri family has run for 30 years. She stopped by the restaurant Saturday to drop off a flower at the door.

A sign taped to the door said the restaurant would be closed until further notice.

Roman Spinner, 58, who lives in the same house as the Moniz family, described Michael as a polite boy with an easy smile who seemed fascinated by cars.

"He was constantly in the backyard tinkering around with the family's three cars."

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/LegendGuy/29379066.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/LegendGuy/29378664.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b287/LegendGuy/29378658.jpg

twinj
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Damn

SpooL'DGsR
04-29-2007, 01:57 PM
shit !!!!!

Echonova
04-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Holy shit!!! They had to be well in excess of 100mph to do that to a BMW.

Edit: yes I know they said that in the article.... I'm saying they were Waaayyyy over 100.

keevo54
04-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Thats horrible. At least no other cars were involved but it is horrible to see young kids die from senseless decisions with their lives in front of them

quickdodge®
04-29-2007, 03:18 PM
it is horrible to see young kids die from senseless decisions with their lives in front of them

Better them than someone driving normally. Later, QD.

twinj
04-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Better them than someone driving normally. Later, QD.

Harsh, but very true.

quickdodge®
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Harsh, but very true.

It is harsh and I know that, but I'd rather not see a family of 4 being plastered on the news, dead, because someone else decided driving like that would be fun. I do feel for the parents, though. But nothing for the children. Later, QD.

twinj
04-29-2007, 03:28 PM
It is harsh and I know that, but I'd rather not see a family of 4 being plastered on the news, dead, because someone else decided driving like that would be fun. I do feel for the parents, though. But nothing for the children. Later, QD.

Yea I feel ya.

Shawna
04-29-2007, 04:14 PM
omg i feel sorry for their families

cactusEG
04-29-2007, 04:22 PM
damn that looks realy bad! !

ahmonrah
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
hell hah!!!!!!!! they DESTROYED THEMSELVES!!!!! morbidly enough, the aftermath is one i'd have to have seen happen, to believe was possible to do to a vehicle........EXCLUDING BOMBS!!!

ahmonrah
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM

part out:
(center of pic)
rear diff, slightly damaged
wheels, only 2.
axles, undamaged...maybe.
$100 OBO

Driftk1d350z
04-29-2007, 08:15 PM
HOLY HELL! that BMW got torn apart! i feel bad for their families and friends.

Driftk1d350z
04-29-2007, 08:16 PM

part out:
(center of pic)
rear diff, slightly damaged
wheels, only 2.
axles, undamaged...maybe.
$100 OBO

does it have an LSD? if so ill take it. also whats the bolt pattrn for those wheels?

IndianStig
04-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Thats terrible. Its the worst feeling in the world when this happens to someone you know. Especially when they are in fault.

I wish the best to their families, hopefully they can recover, most don't.

TheGodfather
04-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I wanted to write to the author asking if the car was totaled, but thought, much like my Virginia Tech jokes, it would be too soon.

quickdodge®
04-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Especially when they are in fault.

Not unless you're stupid as hail. Later, QD.

jR1_kS14
04-29-2007, 10:53 PM
damn on my birthday too...

IndianStig
04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Not unless you're stupid as hail. Later, QD.

QD, say one of your children was driving and was in an accident where it was their fault. They were killed. How would you feel?

Better yet, you had two sons, your only children, they were coming to the family business one evening, the older son driving. He loses control of the car and is an accident, his fault w/o a doubt. Well, the younger son dies, how would the you feel? Whether you are stupid or not you are going to need help, that has to be something hard as hell to go through.

Tracy
04-29-2007, 10:59 PM
wow

Frög
04-29-2007, 10:59 PM
damn that sucks.. sucks for the passenger who had no control of his life.. and as some of you all said, he must of been going way more than 100mph..

quickdodge®
04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
QD, say one of your children was driving and was in an accident where it was their fault. They were killed. How would you feel?

Better yet, you had two sons, your only children, they were coming to the family business one evening, the older son driving. He loses control of the car and is an accident, his fault w/o a doubt. Well, the younger son dies, how would the you feel? Whether you are stupid or not you are going to need help, that has to be something hard as hell to go through.

For one thing, we're not near cool enough for you to talk to me about my children. For another thing, I don't care who it is, I stand by my statement. If I had a child driving like that and the potential for others to be hurt were there, I'd still feel the same. Dumbass, I never said the parents weren't going through hell. And I feel for the parents. NOT the driver. Next time, try picking up a little respect before you step to me and my beliefs. Later, QD.

VooDooXII
04-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Holy hell...I can't imagine how their families feel.

It doesn't matter what car it is...100 mph will obliterate damn near anything.

Those kids...irresponsibility. Cold as it sounds, they had it coming. :no:

Ran
04-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Stories said it was a BMW 5-Series. Isn't that supposed to be one of the safest cars on the road?

Crazy Asian
04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
True but at speeds below 100. Not Speeed Racer speed weaving in and out of traffic and think you have a beamer and you feel invisible. LOL

Curmudgeon
04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Shit ain't gonna buff out this time.

Agree w/qd. Play/PAY.

Stupid punk ass mutherphucker showin' off in Daddy's car got bit.... HARD.

Just can't fix stooopid-

Fr33way
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
The thing is, a strong percent of kids who went to the "site" will keep their driving habits. Nobady is "scared strait" from this. The people it affects most were more than likely the people who play by the rules anyway.

Pavlo
04-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Don't really feel bad for any of them, the passenger had almost as much control as the driver, I can bet money that he thought it was cool, without even telling his friend to slow the fuck down before he kills somebody.

Alan®
04-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Don't really feel bad for any of them, the passenger had almost as much control as the driver, I

Im gonna have to completely and utterly disagree with this statement. unless you get into the car knowing that the driver is going to drive that stupidly i have to disagree. one of my buddies was killed as a result of the person who he was riding withs wreckless driving and i honestly believe that he didnt know that he would be driving like that. unless the passanger has some kind of overide of driver input i disagree because you can tell someone all you want to slow the hell down but it doesnt mean you have to listen