PDA

View Full Version : cool little car i saw at work today

SampaGuy
04-28-2007, 12:43 PM
i saw this parked at atlantic station today and was like wtf? i took these with my phone. do they sell them here? i know its basically just a vw. seat leon

SLo_MKIII
04-28-2007, 02:40 PM
hmm... interesting:thinking:

thegreatfnr
04-29-2007, 02:11 AM
i saw this parked at atlantic station today and was like wtf? i took these with my phone. do they sell them here? i know its basically just a vw. seat leon
awesome

must be grey market. Did it have GA plates or mexican?

Lee :cheers:

Total_Blender
04-29-2007, 03:50 PM

are you from Brazil? Because they have seats there IIRC. Its basically a MkIII Jetta platform. Some of the sport editions (cupra I think they are called?) have the biggest brakes VW ever offered with the 4x100 lug pattern... something like 11.3" rotors :goodjob:

2FST4U
04-29-2007, 04:05 PM
wtf? a seat leon? it must be from mexico. BTW, i've seen a Renault Clio around Athens.

SampaGuy
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
are you from Brazil? Because they have seats there IIRC. Its basically a MkIII Jetta platform. Some of the sport editions (cupra I think they are called?) have the biggest brakes VW ever offered with the 4x100 lug pattern... something like 11.3" rotors :goodjob:

yes i know, that how i recognized it at first. also thats a 99-05 model so i think its a mk4 jetta plataform, not mk3.

it had GA plates btw

Total_Blender
04-30-2007, 08:59 AM
wtf? a seat leon? it must be from mexico. BTW, i've seen a Renault Clio around Athens.

I've seen the Clio before... it has big chrome wheels like 18"s or something :screwy:

A quick check on wikipedia tells me that the Seat Leon is indeed a MkIV. VW's other brands like Seat, Skoda, etc hang on to the old chassis longer than the main VW brand. Seat used the MkII platform until '99. None of the platforms are out of production yet. They still make MkI Golfs in South Africa and MkII Jettas in China.

Here is a brand new South African MkI :goodjob:

http://vne-resource.iol.co.za/30/picdb/article0/4/4/21398

And a brand new MkII Jetta from China. Note that the front end uses headlights from the B4 Passat and front turn signals the MkIII Jetta parts bins. If you could see the dash it would look very similar to the dash in the Passat as well:

http://economy.enorth.com.cn/zhuanti/2001auto/china/faw/jetta01.jpg

CVGTURBO86
05-05-2007, 12:16 AM
never seen one in real life. Seat is based in Spain

VooDooXII
05-30-2007, 12:44 AM
SEAT Leon! I love the way those look...especially in Cupra R guise.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/uploads/cupra_r_3q.jpg

That's pretty cool actually. I've seen Peugeot 206s when I went to Texas, and I've seen a Nissan (#) X-Trail up in Decatur, but I figured those were from Mexico. The X-Trail had Mexican plates anyway.

The newer SEAT's (Pronounced "Say-aht" by the way) don't look that great in my opinion. I read about rumors of SEAT coming to the US by 2008, but I don't think it'll go through...being that they're basically rebodied Volkswagens. I guess it's not so much a TVR move then...though I hope TVR finally makes it over here. The new owners intend on doing so.

Either way, cool that you saw that! Hah...I'd do a triple take. Never would've thought I'd see one of those over here.