PDA

View Full Version : quick nitrous question

The BUCKY
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
wrong section i know but lookin for quick answers. i just purged my system after checking for leaks and it was clear. is this normal? i thought it would be white :thinking: :thinking:

Ltdnismorace
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
It's white on Paul Walkers skyline:lmfao:

The BUCKY
04-28-2007, 12:31 AM
gay^^

Ltdnismorace
04-28-2007, 12:40 AM
gay^^

not nice, I thought very hard coming up with that witty and funny fast and furious comment.

Hulud
04-28-2007, 12:42 AM
gay^^
whatd you expect? you posted in the WL lol

Ltdnismorace
04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
whatd you expect? you posted in the WL lol

yeah you got :idb:

quickdodge®
04-28-2007, 12:48 AM
It's what happens when you post shit in here. The serious topics are down in that there Tech section, lolol. Later, QD.

Echonova
04-28-2007, 07:18 AM
It turns white because of the temerature difference. The usage of Nitrous Oxide to enhance engine performance dates way back to World War II where N2O was used in fighter planes to compensate for less oxygen in the atmosphere at high altitudes. One of the first uses of nitrous oxide in cars was by NASCAR racer Smokey Yunick who used nitrous oxide in his car to win races until it was discovered and banned by NASCAR.

Nitrous oxide is color-less and non-flammable. Apparently it smells somewhat sweet. Dentists use nitrous oxide to as anesthetic for patients, and it’s known as laughing gas in the dentistry circles. It’s stored in the vehicle in liquid form in a canister. Because of limited storage capacity, usually limited “shots” of nitrous oxide is stored and the driver uses it sparingly in bursts by activating a button. Like what you see in The Fast and the Furious.

David88vert
04-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Don't try to smell automotive use N20. It is NOT the same as medical grade.

quickdodge®
04-28-2007, 09:42 AM
It turns white because of the temerature difference. The usage of Nitrous Oxide to enhance engine performance dates way back to World War II where N2O was used in fighter planes to compensate for less oxygen in the atmosphere at high altitudes. One of the first uses of nitrous oxide in cars was by NASCAR racer Smokey Yunick who used nitrous oxide in his car to win races until it was discovered and banned by NASCAR.

Nitrous oxide is color-less and non-flammable. Apparently it smells somewhat sweet. Dentists use nitrous oxide to as anesthetic for patients, and it’s known as laughing gas in the dentistry circles. It’s stored in the vehicle in liquid form in a canister. Because of limited storage capacity, usually limited “shots” of nitrous oxide is stored and the driver uses it sparingly in bursts by activating a button. Like what you see in The Fast and the Furious.

LOLOL!!!!

http://www.office.xerox.com/catalog_photos/CCC2128_CCC2636_CCC3545_FAMILY_RESERVED_land_277x1 95.jpg + http://demo.eshop.cl/articulo/img_articulos/1050514772515-aviso.jpg = YOUR POST!!!

Lolol. Later, QD.

Echonova
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
LOL...you're damn right. No way I'm typing all that.

quickdodge®
04-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Lolol. Later, QD.

Echonova
04-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Plus it's not entirely accurate.

Ltdnismorace
04-28-2007, 09:52 AM

coulda used this information 5 minutes ago, fuck:crazy:

The Green Monster
04-28-2007, 10:00 AM
lmao

when i purge...i purge white stuff...then about 5 -10 minutes later this clear stuff leaks out...ruining my boxers for the day

Bballjamal
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
lmao @ QD! I knew I saw that same paragraph somewhere else.....

no control
04-28-2007, 10:35 AM
lmao @ QD! I knew I saw that same paragraph somewhere else.....

it sounded way too smart for someone to waste time posting that up in the wl...and it was long...

The BUCKY
04-28-2007, 10:40 AM
lol i expected the retarded stuff to come i was just looking for quick answers at like 2 a.m.

R3RUN
04-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Don't they poison it so that you won't smell it? I know they poison rubbing alcohol so that people won't drink it. Well some people don't. My dad told me when he was a social worker at Grady (long time ago) that the bums would filter it through coffe filters and shirts or some shit and then drink it. Still terrible for you but alot safer.

BTW, I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread.

deathrex
04-28-2007, 11:12 PM
are u running a bottle heater? if not that could be ur problem the nitrous has to be warmer than the temperature outside for the white mist to appear. as the bottle empties it just like a can of keyboard cleaner it gets cold and looses pressure but as soon as u heat it up it sprays hard again. same as a nitrous bottle. also if u dont already have a nitrous pressure gauge get one. i suggest getting the nx fire and ice heater/cooler to keep it at the right temp so u dont have any glitches in ur system, and will also keep the spray mist up if u just want to show it off.

Echonova
04-28-2007, 11:25 PM
^^^ Actually it's the opposite; the nitrous comes out butt-ass cold. Hitting the warm air cools the water droplets in the air, effectively causing a "cloud". A bottle warmer heats the bottle to maintain a consistent pressure as the bottle gets emptied.

David88vert
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Don't they poison it so that you won't smell it? I know they poison rubbing alcohol so that people won't drink it. Well some people don't. My dad told me when he was a social worker at Grady (long time ago) that the bums would filter it through coffe filters and shirts or some shit and then drink it. Still terrible for you but alot safer.

BTW, I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread.

It has sulfer dioxide mixed in with it, along with some other impurities. It's fine for a car, but bad for your lungs. Feels like it burns. That's why NHRA rules say to you have to have a dump tube if the tank is not in the trunk.

"B"
04-29-2007, 05:06 PM
coulda used this information 5 minutes ago, fuck:crazy:

You wouldn't be posting right now if you just huffed N2O that is used in performance applications.