PDA

View Full Version : 1.8t question

foety_foe
04-26-2007, 11:03 PM
anybody with a 1.8t have the problem where you can hear the turbo spool up but your car is really not going that much faster. it sounds like the air is just escaping. i have had brian at eurotech change all the vaccum hoses that needed to be changed plus i changed the diverter valve, so its not that.

iam lost

twinj
04-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Check all intercooler piping. Check the wastegate make sure that the vacum hose didn't come off that.

Kyle
04-27-2007, 09:42 AM
^^^ That's probably a good suggestion. I haven't had this problem, but if you want 1.8t info check vortex.

foety_foe
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Check all intercooler piping. Check the wastegate make sure that the vacum hose didn't come off that.

thanks man. thats what people said too at another forum. iam about to check the wastegate as soon as iam done eating my cocoa puffs

foety_foe
04-27-2007, 04:48 PM
well its not that. i checked all the hoses again, nice and tight. took of the diverter valve, put on a brand new stock bosh one on from a brand new GTI. wastegate hose is perfect too. so i took it out for a drive, still does it. and it got worse, the trubo spools up and then you just hear the air escaping somewhere but this time its really loud. jacked the car up, went under it and took the buttom plastic cover off. yea, lets just say my face got covered in oil. the oil just collected in the bottom plastic cover. but whats soo crzy about this situation is- the check engine light is not coming on, the car is not over heating, oil preasure is perfect, and the GIAC software is not shooting me back any codes. fucking nothing.

iam clueless.

Kyle
04-27-2007, 05:21 PM
So did you check the intercooler itself? Couldn't that be a problem?

foety_foe
04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
So did you check the intercooler itself? Couldn't that be a problem?

yea checked out the intercoolers and pipe'ing. it looks fine, i have a weird setup with the intercooler since i actually have 2 intercoolers. its a 225 hp audi tt and it came with the twin intercoolers. i just dont understand why the GIAC is not giving me any codes since there is def something wrong with the car. its leaking oil but the oil preasure is perfect, i know that almost all turbos leak oil but my bitch is leaking some major oil. plus its running super slow now because its not getting boost, but GIAC thinks otherwise and thinks it gets enough boost. the turbo spools, there is nothing wrong with the trubo. iam lost

twinj
04-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Have you check the turbo,or you just saying that cause you know ain't nothing wrong with it. Just take the turbo off and look at it. Check to make sure the seals or something haven't gone. Check all of your couplers (2 intercoolers, wow you have alot of piping.)

Kyle
04-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah it could be the turbo. Most K03's only last roughly 85k miles(from what I have been told)

twinj
04-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Now you get to upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!(If that's the problem)

Kyle
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah it could be K04 or GT28 time :bump:

JDMracer16
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM
my buddies audi does the same thing...one of his hoses has a split in it down near the manifold, dont kno which one cause i dont kno much about vw and audis

foety_foe
04-28-2007, 10:08 PM
i gave up on trouple shooting the car. i just gave it to the guys at eurotech and told them to deal with it. i love audi/vw but damn, they are just the biggest pain in the ass to work on. in the TT, there is no room to even get to anything in the motor, everything is cramped in there