PDA

View Full Version : Loose your cell phone? youll be paying..

The Ren
04-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Check out this article... ooo id be pissed
http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/millionaire/30108

Quoted:
San Francisco resident Wendy Nguyen was even more shocked to receive a bill for $26,000 after her cell phone was unknowingly stolen before she left for an overseas vacation. Cingular held her responsible for charges incurred after the phone was taken, up until the time Wendy discovered the theft and called the carrier.

She was able to prove via airline and passport documents that she was out of the country and couldn't possibly have made the unauthorized calls from San Francisco during that time, but Cingular still held Wendy accountable for all charges.

Not only that, they advised Wendy that if she couldn't pay the bill she should consider filing for bankruptcy!

urmm WHAT?!?

SniperJoe
04-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Well thank goodness that when I lost my cell phone, someone went to REI to pick it up for me!

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-26-2007, 06:40 AM
You mean, "lose?" Yeah Cingular is a bunch of assholes dude. I've had them and now I have T-Mobile. IN MY OPINION, T-Mobile > Cingular.

Frög
04-26-2007, 06:59 AM
i have tmobile..

"B"
04-26-2007, 07:23 AM
I have insurance on my cell phone, so if it gets lost, the replace it and I do not get charged for shit.

SniperJoe
04-26-2007, 07:28 AM
I have insurance on my cell phone, so if it gets lost, the replace it and I do not get charged for shit.

I would suggest that you read your policy pretty closely. A cell phone insurance policy generally has a deductible of $40 and then you get a used phone, not a new one. I'm not saying that this is the case with yours specifically, but that's the way it is generally written.

Sol-Badguy
04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
I have Sprint, and someone stole my phone back in August and racked up about $50 worth of downloads.

I had to pay up because I didn't have insurance.

Doppelgänger
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
fuck cingular.... really.

PawnShopCEO
04-26-2007, 08:17 AM
insurance has nothing to do with bills racked up after the phone is lost. insurance simply replaces your phone with a new/refurbished phone. Cell phone companies generally wont comp usage when the phone is stolen. They put the burden on YOU to call it in and cut it off so the phone cant be used

phongt12
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
My family has had T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and Cingular (what we have now). I think out of all 4, Verizon probably has the best customer service. When my sister broke her phone, Verizon sent us a new phone for $50 instead of full price. They never charged us anything extra, but we had to drop them because we were going way over on our minutes and needed "roll over" from Cingular.

"B"
04-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I would suggest that you read your policy pretty closely. A cell phone insurance policy generally has a deductible of $40 and then you get a used phone, not a new one. I'm not saying that this is the case with yours specifically, but that's the way it is generally written.

Not the case, I have used it tiwce already. They also fix my phone if I break it. I pay out the ass, so they better.:lmfao:

The Ren
04-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Well thank goodness that when I lost my cell phone, someone went to REI to pick it up for me!

haha I totally forgot about that! Hey what are friends for if you cant travel about 20 minn to pick up a friends cell phone..