PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Question

GIXXERDK
04-24-2007, 05:03 PM
My moms car was stolen about a month ago, hasnt been recovered. So shes in the market for a new/used car.

What car would you get with 25-28k, both new and used. She would prefer a SUV but will consider sedans. 2004+ models.

I been looking at used Volvo XC90, new 4 runner, used BMW X5, used Escalade, used VW tourage.

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2007, 05:07 PM
This probably isn't the best place to ask for that opinion. Unless she is between 17-23 and is into car modification, whether it is rice or not and wants a Civic or 240. Seriously. Later, QD.

"B"
04-24-2007, 05:08 PM
My moms car was stolen about a month ago, hasnt been recovered. So shes in the market for a new/used car.

What car would you get with 25-28k, both new and used. She would prefer a SUV but will consider sedans. 2004+ models.

I been looking at used Volvo XC90, new 4 runner, used BMW X5, used Escalade, used VW tourage.

www.autotrader.com (http://www.autotrader.com) is your friend.

Echonova
04-24-2007, 05:27 PM
4 runners are nice. Stay away from the VW tourage. The new Mazda CX-something is nice too.

98silver328i
04-24-2007, 05:36 PM
BMW X5 is what I'd reommend if she's in the market for an SUV. But if she has any interest in sedans, you can pick up a late model E46 325 or 330 within that price range.

ninabl
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
i got my 03 grand prix gt for 12k

NewGen33
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Get a 4runner there the most reliable SUV's bar none.

phongt12
04-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Get a 4runner there the most reliable SUV's bar none.

I completely agree. My mom has a 1999 4-Runner with only 67k on it, but it's been running perfectly since we drove it off the lot. The newer models are even better too, and there are at least $10k worth of accessories you can add on. You can't beat Toyota's engine and tranny reliability. If money wasn't an issue, I'd say the BMW X5, but she will probably pay in the long run on expensive maintenance and repair.

twinj
04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I completely agree. My mom has a 1999 4-Runner with only 67k on it, but it's been running perfectly since we drove it off the lot. The newer models are even better too, and there are at least $10k worth of accessories you can add on. You can't beat Toyota's engine and tranny reliability. If money wasn't an issue, I'd say the BMW X5, but she will probably pay in the long run on expensive maintenance and repair.

Very well said.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
The x5 is probably the nicest out of the group but also the more expensive to maintain and insure.

I would get the toyota if she wants reliability and doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg to fix broken shit.

As far as sedans go she could get a used lexus is300 for a good price, or any toyota sedan. If she wants luxury tell her to buy a bimmer

VooDooXII
04-25-2007, 01:33 AM

The Touareg is an excellent vehicle. Rock solid, great ride, very nicely appointed interior and I think it's simply stylish. Same could be said about the X5, though there isn't quite as much room.

The XC90 is a good bet too...solid build and very good execution of passenger space.

Don't get an Escalade unless you're willing to deal with the gas bill.

Of course...the 4Runner isn't bad at all either...but I'd like to injure the person who put the fuel-door release under the steering wheel. It's a Toyota...endless reliability, and again, not a bad looking vehicle. I found the seating position to be really odd though. It's an SUV, yet the seats sit low. That doesn't justify the "S" of SUV.

Personally, I'd go for the Touareg...I love its interior. The 4Runner is a great one though.

cactusEG
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM

4 runners are nice

TheGodfather
04-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I really like the 2 new Acuras, MDX/RDX. I'm not sure what the price of a new RDX is, but I believe both are in the price range. My aunt and uncle are an Acura family, and they have a MDX and love it. I've driven it a few times. Very smooth ride.

I'm a Nissan guy, but hate the Murano.

My buddies parents just got a Caddy STX and love it. They use it to haul things.

Good luck.

VooDooXII
04-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I haven't heard the best things about the RDX, plus it may be too small considering the other vehicles on this list.

The Murano rides too hard...and I don't find it particularly attractive. The interior is nice though. It's luxury twin...the FX35/45 is a nice one...but visibility from it terrible.

The Cadillac SRX is an amazing vehicle. Stylish, solid, and very practical. It drives like a car. The only gripes I have with it is the pre-2007 dashboard. I find it to be pretty ugly, with too many planes and shapes that don't agree with each other. Otherwise...you can't go wrong.

Same can be said for an Acura MDX...you can't go wrong.