PDA

View Full Version : Is Geico Insurance any good?

DaMaGe ZWK
04-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Im thinkin about changin insurance companys and they gave me a pretty good quote... anyone had experience with them or know someone else to try?

thinkfast®
04-24-2007, 10:09 AM
15 MINUTES COULD COST YOU HUNDREDS LATER ON

DONT DO IT!

Echonova
04-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I've had Geico for years now, I like them. They're pretty good on their rates for modded cars. The only claims I've had is when my wife totalled her car and mine was stolen a week later. Our rates never budged. Not sure if that's because of years with them + first claims or not. In both cases they handled everything and pretty fast too.

candy2082002
04-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Um well when a lady backed into me...they took my car to fix it two days after it happened so they are pretty fast HOWEVER I just got a quote from them and for 3 cars between Chris and I and it was a little over 1700 for 6 months.......:( thats sucks lol

Evil Goat
04-24-2007, 11:18 AM
if youre paying less in georgia w/ geico you should check out some other companies as well (geico is less than competitive in georgia, theyre more competitive in florida, hence the reason youll see advertisement signs everywhere down there and you wont see shit up here)....geicos a great company, worked for them for 5 years up until last january, shitty place to work, but theyre service is good, personally i use progressive for my bikes and cars, never had a minutes trouble out of them, rates have been raised just a bit, but when your wife gets 2 speeding tickets and an at fault accident within 7-8 months of each other that will happen...but now that all is well again our insurance is back down to about $170 month for full coverage on a 01 accord and 03 trailblazer...and neither of us has turned 25 yet

ShooterMcGavin
04-24-2007, 02:02 PM
no, statefarm ftw

koi
04-24-2007, 08:00 PM
shagwAg3n is right!

When your car gets in a wreck? Do you want it fixed right? Our would you reather just spend as little as possible on insurance and could give a flying fuck about how the insurance company pays to fix them.

If you care about your car, State Farm is the best in GA. Unless of course you can get USAA.

If you don't care, Progressive will fuck you over right! lol

Frög
04-24-2007, 08:19 PM
state farm screwed me.. im on liability only and i got rear ended by a state farm client on 285.. and they never paid and that stupid slut made up a story and said it was a hit and run that hit her which caused her to hit me.. BS! and i got screwed..

DaMaGe ZWK
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
shagwAg3n is right!

When your car gets in a wreck? Do you want it fixed right? Our would you reather just spend as little as possible on insurance and could give a flying fuck about how the insurance company pays to fix them.

If you care about your car, State Farm is the best in GA. Unless of course you can get USAA.

the insurance company isnt who fixes it... its the body shop... and im a graduate of paint and body repair so I could fix it myself... I just want to make sure they aint gonna try and put used or aftermarket parts on my car like progressive does and if they pay you or the body shop, and if they charge you stupid shit like changing vehicles... just little things like that will make me a happy customer

koi
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
The body shop does fix the car. But they only fix what they get paid for. State Farm tends to be the best about paying for stuff to be done the right way. Progressive tends to be the worst. But saying that, All insurance companys will fuck someone at some point.

As for your "graduate of paint and body repair" degree. I assume you mean you want to school for paint and body repair. I'm sure it helped you alot. But in the paint and body field. It means jack crap. You could have gotten paid to learn just as much if not more in that time period.

DaMaGe ZWK
04-24-2007, 10:09 PM
well i worked at a body shop for 2 years also so i know what im doing...

Wurm
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
the caveman dont like them

SleeperWRX
04-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Allstate #1 Insurance

BlueHatch
04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
i use geico. i have two cars insured with them. i switched from progressive after going through a claim with them. they have good rates and you get a 5 % discount every six months. i have not had a claim with geico yet, but i have been really happy with their customer service so far

AnTi-PooN
05-01-2007, 09:50 AM
state farms blowsssss..... ive had geico ever since ive had a car, 2 tickets no up in payments... one wreck and they handled it fast and awesome. i heart geico.

thinkfast®
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
The body shop does fix the car. But they only fix what they get paid for. State Farm tends to be the best about paying for stuff to be done the right way. Progressive tends to be the worst. But saying that, All insurance companys will fuck someone at some point.

How you figure that homeboy?

keevo54
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
How you figure that homeboy?
I guess we could make a list. I was fucked by Nationwide. "Nationwide On my side" == Bullshit.
Anyone else?

thinkfast®
05-01-2007, 01:00 PM
You gotta understand its not the companies job to fuck you, every persons policy is different. Howd you get fucked? like, "they slipped you a roofie and you dont know what happened" fucked, or they "got you w/ your pants down, grabbin your ankles" fucked

please explain

DaMaGe ZWK
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
You gotta understand its not the companies job to fuck you, every persons policy is different. Howd you get fucked? like, "they slipped you a roofie and you dont know what happened" fucked, or they "got you w/ your pants down, grabbin your ankles" fucked

please explain
:lmfao: LMAO...

keevo54
05-01-2007, 01:50 PM

please explain
Ok, long story but everything got fucked up. I was in a not at fault accident and the other person had allstate insurance. I got the claim started with nationwide and my claims associate was going to get in contact with allstate to sort it out. Well a couple weeks later I had to talk to the allstate rep and she had an accident report from atlanta pd instead of Gwinnett. My agent didn't communicate and allstate had a language barrier with their client.

In the mean time I went with the program for a blue ribbon repair center. I told Nationwide and Hendrick Collision center my evo should be totalled and they both said no, and the repairs would be 20K.

3.5 months later the car gets done and is still fucked up. Paint feels like shit, numerous scratches, carpet not put back down properly, etc.. I also walked into the collision center and 4 employees were laughing about how they got the evo for 30k, and I almost shit myself. I got my repair man and he said that they hadn't been able to assess some damage. So I saw a copy of the estimate and they used OZ rally parts on an evo for the estimate, and they apraised the value of my evo as an MR when it is really a GSR. Under estimated repair cost and overestimated the value of the car.

Complained to insurance commission and nationwide and nothing happened. Nationwide doubled my rates and put the wreck as my fault on the insurance database; my new insurance agent told me this when I was getting quotes. I had to fax the accident report around and rectify another one of their screw ups.

Sorry for the thread jack and their is a lot I am still leaving out

keevo54
05-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I had full coverage and they have all my parents cars and house on the policy.

BB6dohcvtec
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Allstate :goodjob:

BTLFED
05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
i use geico. i have two cars insured with them. i switched from progressive after going through a claim with them. they have good rates and you get a 5 % discount every six months. i have not had a claim with geico yet, but i have been really happy with their customer service so far

I did the same thing. I had basic bare bones liability on my Datsun 510 and my old 93 Isuzu Rodeo. When I bought my 02 4runner I had to put full coverage on it so I figured I would shop around when Progressive wanted to get buck with my rate on the 4Runner. With Geico I am paying the same for full coverage on my 4Runner and liability on my 510 than I was with my old cars on Progressive.

redmond420
05-04-2007, 10:20 PM
i have had geico for a year now and i have liked it so far. i pay 1300 a year for a turbo 98 sentra ( they checked under my hood at the athens office!) a 93 240sx coupe, and a 86 300zx. Thats less than i was paying for just the sentra with statefarm. If you have the cash go with statefarm, but if cash is tight i would go with geico.

bafbrian
05-04-2007, 10:31 PM
shagwAg3n is right!

USAA FTW!!!

My insurance rate is ridiculously low for my age. I could post it here publicly but, I would have to kill you. :D

disco
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
In the world of car insurance, 2 companies are at the top, USAA and Amica. They are the top 2 rates by JD powers and Consumer reports. Statefarm, Progressive etc are all middle of the pack. Geico may be even lower than them I'm not sure. The problem is you have to be military/gov or family to use USAA and Amica is very strict, they will drop you if you have an accident. In terms of rates, many companies now look at your credit report to determine your rate, if you have good credit your rates can be very low. Progressive is one of these companies, not sure if Geico does that or not.