PDA

View Full Version : Misc De La Soul

Nomad!
04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Did anyone make it out to the free De La Soul concert last Thurs? I saw Jackmaster out there but not inside. Well, for those of you who didn't make it out, you missed one hell of a Hip-Hop show. De La dropped the classics and at least one joint I've never heard before. The energy was incredible & the performance was simply amazing. I never would have thought a De La crowd would have been so hype! Good times & GREAT MUSIC!!!! I LOVE HOP-HOP! :goodjob:

JackMaster
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
yea, show was hot, i was backstage most of the show :P Im too old to be out hangin in the crowd... Anyway, dont forget, JERU THE DAMAJA MAY 10th and possibly COMMON in July! I will definitely keep the IA hip hop heads informed!

GGPIS3
04-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Did anyone make it out to the free De La Soul concert last Thurs? I saw Jackmaster out there but not inside. Well, for those of you who didn't make it out, you missed one hell of a Hip-Hop show. De La dropped the classics and at least one joint I've never heard before. The energy was incredible & the performance was simply amazing. I never would have thought a De La crowd would have been so hype! Good times & GREAT MUSIC!!!! I LOVE HOP-HOP! :goodjob:

^^^ thats how hiphop used to be back in the day.... then gangsta rap took over :(

JackMaster
04-23-2007, 02:27 PM
^^^ thats how hiphop used to be back in the day.... then gangsta rap took over :(

gangsta rap is cool.. its "Wanksta Rap" that ruined the game

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
gangsta rap is cool.. its "Wanksta Rap" that ruined the game

Exactly.

I never got into De La. Even in their beginning. Them and Digible Planets. They just never caught my eye. I prefer my rap and soul/R&B separated. These two groups had a lot of mixed together stuff and I just wasn't liking that. Later, QD.