PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Thinking about trading for a monster escalade???

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 09:14 PM
So I have wanted a nice big truck for a few months now and my dad asked me today if I wanted to trade for his escalade. Its a white 99 with all tan leather and wood grain interior, also push button 4x4. Has 197,XXX miles though but is pretty nice. Should I. I mean I know it isnt really mudding material but it would be a nice monster truck with a big lift and like 38's or something. I def. wouldnt seriously mud it I mean it is an escalade. But I cant find anyone else on the internet that has a lifted escalade so it would be something you dont see everyday. And I would be taking my system with me so it would be loud.

Discuss.

P.S. or I could just keep saving for them V8 killers (twin turbo's).

Kamikaze
04-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Keep the Z.

VooDooXII
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Keep saving...

C'mon...don't lift an Escalade, and don't spend money on making it mud-worthy if you aren't going to take it off the road.

I've seen a slightly lifted EXT...they look really...odd.

Again, I'd say keep saving.

Echonova
04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Keep the Z, you don't want to be a pawn of Big Oil.

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Keep saving...

C'mon...don't lift an Escalade, and don't spend money on making it mud-worthy if you aren't going to take it off the road.

I've seen a slightly lifted EXT...they look really...odd.

Again, I'd say keep saving.

O i'll take it off the road and mud it. Just not like 3 ft. mud bog shit. But i know what your sayin.

Echonova
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Escalade / 10 mpg? + big ass gas tank - your wallet = owned

Crazy Asian
04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
dude look at gas...and tell me you want an suv. Hell no not right now.

DJ XtRaK©
04-22-2007, 10:38 PM
what goes through peoples heads when they lift trucks and dont go muddin in them? honestly what the hell are you thinking? its a huge waste of money IMO

Blitanicle99
04-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Swap gears and you can get stock MPG.

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 10:44 PM
what goes through peoples heads when they lift trucks and dont go muddin in them? honestly what the hell are you thinking? its a huge waste of money IMO

Maybe I should edit my first post to what I said I meant later on in the thread.

I said I would mud it but not that crazy fucking 3 foot deep GA clay mud bog, water over the hood shit. I wont mind going and having some fun in a little mud. But when I said mudding I meant hardcore water halfway up the truck and leaking into the interior type of shit.

DJ XtRaK©
04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Maybe I should edit my first post to what I said I meant later on in the thread.

I said I would mud it but not that crazy fucking 3 foot deep GA clay mud bog, water over the hood shit. I wont mind going and having some fun in a little mud. But when I said mudding I meant hardcore water halfway up the truck and leaking into the interior type of shit.

muddin is muddin dude...theres a few types....muddin, mudding, offroading, trailing, and muddin

Frög
04-22-2007, 10:48 PM
pics?

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 10:49 PM
dude honestly
wtf are you thinking.
If you're gonna get an escelade, the most you can do with it is like make it DUB status and throw some 24's on it or something with some pretty moderate tires.

Putting some big ass 37 all terrains on it or some shit and jacking it up is going to look straight up retarded. the reason why you haven't seen an offroading jacked up Escelade is because everyone else realizes how dumb the idea is lol.

If you want a clean car then i'd trade. Just do not do it for the reason of lifting it and putting huge tires on it. If you wanna do that go grab an F series, Jeep, or Taco or Tundra or something and make it into an offroading vehicle with a little bling for the ladies if you want.

PLEASE do not desecrate the escelade like that though

sirkus
04-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Just keep the z... and get a old ass jeep and lift it. You'll be much happier when you scrape a tree in something with a shitty paint job.

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Just keep the z... and get a old ass jeep and lift it. You'll be much happier when you scrape a tree in something with a shitty paint job.

wranglers and cherokees are fuckin' awesome for off roading, they can take a beating

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 10:56 PM
just a quick example

yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUeEJLoibbg

No http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7hDh4gr4qU

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
the link you put as "no"

is way cooler shit then the hummer.
i think thats gay as hell when people bring out a new hummer and strip them down.

those jeeps do it better anyways

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Ya so just found one on cardomain and also realized how retarded it looks. Honestly it was like thinking riding a jetski fast would be fun, until you hit wake and finally realize that it sucks. So ya im keeping my Z and my old mud jeep. lol delete thread now.

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Ya so just found one on cardomain and also realized how retarded it looks. Honestly it was like thinking riding a jetski fast would be fun, until you hit wake and finally realize that it sucks. So ya im keeping my Z and my old mud jeep. lol delete thread now.

whattttt
thats the fun part getting air lol

you're on something tonight man

HyPer50
04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
I think it just sounds like a retarded idea to go offroading or even lifting a Cadillac... but whatever floats your boat.

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
whattttt
thats the fun part getting air lol

you're on something tonight man

Oh no man I mean 70+ MPH and then hitting wake way too big for just a jump and then a bail. Its like jumping out of a car onto the concrete shit hurts like hell. LOL

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I think it just sounds like a retarded idea to go offroading or even lifting a Cadillac... but whatever floats your boat.

The idea looked alot better in my mind but when I finally saw it I was like "damn...WTF was I thinking."

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh no man I mean 70+ MPH and then hitting wake way too big for just a jump and then a bail. Its like jumping out of a car onto the concrete shit hurts like hell. LOL

haha oh yea that shit hurts when you're not expecting it, riding in the ocean is fun as hell trying to hit the sweet spot off the waves.

and i've never had the joy of jumping out of a car haha. my friend did jump off the back of our car going 40 though onto concrete because he was worried his mom would see him doin it bein a pussy

later he told his mom why he was bleeding everywhere which completely ruined the point of it to begin with, fuckin retards lol

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 11:11 PM
The idea looked alot better in my mind but when I finally saw it I was like "damn...WTF was I thinking."

seriously though dude, if you want something nice I'd do it.
not the lifting idea and all that

but put some 22-26" rims on it and thin tires and a very modest lift and it would look very sick

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
seriously though dude, if you want something nice I'd do it.
not the lifting idea and all that

but put some 22-26" rims on it and thin tires and a very modest lift and it would look very sick

Im not really into the whole throw some D's on that pimp truck status. Rather have the Z. But ya I already got an 88 YJ wrangler for some good muddin. It was just a thought that rolled through my mind and wanted to get some opinions on. In the end I could probably never sell/trade my Z. I just love the car.

Frög
04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
give us the link of the cardomain.. i never seen a lifted escalade..

Frög
04-22-2007, 11:22 PM
nvm.. here is one.. looks stupid..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unique-Lifted-Escalade-ESV-on-37s-and-22-Wheels_W0QQitemZ150113664411QQihZ005QQcategoryZ614 8QQcmdZViewItem

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Im not really into the whole throw some D's on that pimp truck status. Rather have the Z. But ya I already got an 88 YJ wrangler for some good muddin. It was just a thought that rolled through my mind and wanted to get some opinions on. In the end I could probably never sell/trade my Z. I just love the car.

true
i share a connection with my car as well

gl with w/e u decide on

Z32redondo
04-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Ya I was thinking it would look like a lifted suburban or some shit but instead It was like that.

Idea. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/738546

But when i saw one it didnt really looked like how I had pictured.

http://i19.tinypic.com/4hi9hmh.jpg
This is it except white.

jblaudio06
04-22-2007, 11:39 PM
there is a few lifted esclades on cardomain with big tires...only way i think is smart to lift a lade is few inches to put some rims on it...btw i have this caddy in black

Tictakman
04-26-2007, 06:58 AM
gas mileage will suck...

Doppelgänger
04-26-2007, 07:59 AM
you really want to be going to the stealership all the time? that is the world of GM....

Z32redondo
04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
This thing is soo old.