PDA

View Full Version : I got food poisoning

nightracer
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
And it sucks. I bought some canned fruit from Walmart this past Thursday and shared it half & half with my friend. 45 minutes later I felt sick. I felt like I had to throw up and I was feeling pretty weak. I took some pepto bismol and that didn't seem to do much. I was vomiting so violently I could barely move afterwards. My whole body was sore. Never chucked that hard in my life. One of my female friends came up to bring me some sprite and she ended up having to take me to the hospital. I couldn't even drive myself there I was so fucked up.

They put me on an IV at the hospital and found out I had a fever of 100 degrees. I was shivering like crazy and they kept me in there for 2 hours. This bitch came in wanting me to sign some papers at the end. I still had the IV in me and she was very adamant about me signing the papers. I told her the Dr. said not to bend my arm and she said you can bend it. WTF ever. Some people at hospitals can have stupid attitudes.

If I were you I would not buy any canned fruit from Walmart. The hospital said they've been getting a lot of cases like mine. I am sure others have gotten food poisoning from products in Walmart.

Lizbiz101
04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
That sucks!!! What kind of fruit was it???

nightracer
04-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Pineapples... I usually kill that stuff but this time it killed me and half my weekend.

Lizbiz101
04-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I feel another re-call coming on.....

nightracer
04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
I wonder if I can get Walmart to give me some money. :bump:

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 01:27 PM
two or three people in our prom group last night got food poisoning from the melting pot.
it sucks dude

btw +1 for ur sig
i'm rockin the 1UZ-FE :goodjob:
what car is the 2UZ in? i think the 3UZ is the SC430 correct me if i'm wrong

coolcat
04-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Damn, that sucks. I know what its like to throw up that much and it really blows. I had never gotten sea sick in my entire life, but one day i was on a boat (it was a 10hr boat snorkeling and BS tour) and somehow I did get seasick.. jesus christ just about every 30 minutes i puked my guts out, i threw up so much that i started throwing up bile, then when the bile was gone i started throwing up but nothing could come up cus there was just nothing at all left (it hurts like a bitch when you are throwing up like that). I looked at my stomach afterwards and it looked like it had been sucked right in, A few days later i noticed I had lost 10lbs. It was pretty lame.

Clegger
04-22-2007, 05:54 PM
are you sure it was the canned fruit at wal mart??? you said you shared it half and half with your friend?? did your friend get sick???

cactusEG
04-22-2007, 06:03 PM
And it sucks. I bought some canned fruit from Walmart this past Thursday and shared it half & half with my friend. 45 minutes later I felt sick. I felt like I had to throw up and I was feeling pretty weak. I took some pepto bismol and that didn't seem to do much. I was vomiting so violently I could barely move afterwards. My whole body was sore. Never chucked that hard in my life. One of my female friends came up to bring me some sprite and she ended up having to take me to the hospital. I couldn't even drive myself there I was so fucked up.

They put me on an IV at the hospital and found out I had a fever of 100 degrees. I was shivering like crazy and they kept me in there for 2 hours. This bitch came in wanting me to sign some papers at the end. I still had the IV in me and she was very adamant about me signing the papers. I told her the Dr. said not to bend my arm and she said you can bend it. WTF ever. Some people at hospitals can have stupid attitudes.

If I were you I would not buy any canned fruit from Walmart. The hospital said they've been getting a lot of cases like mine. I am sure others have gotten food poisoning from products in Walmart.

Damn srry to hear that

nightracer
04-22-2007, 06:36 PM
two or three people in our prom group last night got food poisoning from the melting pot.
it sucks dude

btw +1 for ur sig
i'm rockin the 1UZ-FE :goodjob:
what car is the 2UZ in? i think the 3UZ is the SC430 correct me if i'm wrong
The 2UZ-FE originally came in the tundra. I just bought one to be built up because its an Iron block and has 4.7 liters instead of the 4.0 from the 1UZ or 4.3 from the 3UZ. Its going into an SC400. The 1UZ is a great motor. :goodjob:

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
NICE

a fellow SC owner
is it a simple swap

i'm a member of clublexus.com, and the tundra swap has been mentioned but little info on it exists what so ever. people usually give up on the 1UZ and just swap in a 2JZ and follow the crowd

Julio
04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Hot water and alka seltzer will fix you up..... for real.

Just got to be brave when taking it.

Leadfoot_mf
04-22-2007, 07:47 PM
so did your friend get sick also?

speedracer41
04-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Food Poisoning sucks! I got it from the Taco Mac at the Mall of Ga. last year and ended up having to go to the hospital. I don't even wish that on my worst enemy!

Clegger
04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
so did your friend get sick also?

:stupid:

usually your friend would get sick too if you guys ate the same bad stuff... thats how I knew what I got sick off of. My friend and I ate at a buffet and he ate everything I did except the shrimp and about an hour later i was puking my gutts out

koukis14
04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Damn that suck. I would talk to a lawyer.

Frög
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
that sucks.. im not eating canned fruits from wallmart shit......

speedminded
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
it sucks dudelolol, you realize you're responsible for cooking your own food there right?

Total_Blender
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
typosWhat kind of food poisoning was it?

Botulism is the most common one that comes from canned food, and it will fuck yo ass up. Botulism will normally make the cans bulge as the botulism bacteria respirate it creates a greater volume of gas inside the can. New techniques in food processing have mostly eliminated the threat of botulism, but you never know. Its best to keep cans in a cool, dark, and dry place, this will keep botulism in check.

E. Coli and Salmonella aren't that common from canned foods and are normally only found in meat products. Since this was from canned fruit if it was one of these I'll wager that it was cross contamination of some sort, either when the product was canned or when you were eating it. Do you clean your can opener after every use? Maybe there was something in last night's beef stew that got into this afternoon's pineapple.:crazy:

speedminded
04-22-2007, 09:11 PM
What kind of food poisoning was it?

Botulism is the most common one that comes from canned food, and it will fuck yo ass up.

E. Coli and Salmonella aren't that common from canned foods and are normally only found in meat products. Since this was from canned fruit if it was one of these I'll wager that it was cross contamination of some sort, either when the product was canned on when you were eating it. Do you clean your can opener after every use? Maybe there was something in last night's beef stew that got into this afternoon's pineapple.holy crap! there actually is someone with common sense on IA :goodjob:

Lucky DAWG
04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
lolol, you realize you're responsible for cooking your own food there right?

haha YUP
mine was friday night, last night i went with a chick at kennesaw mountain high school and them my friend and his gf.

i didn't know anyone else in the group really so w/e lol. Kid was prob dipping it in the pot instead of letting it sit

pwned

BuBBa DRiFT
04-22-2007, 11:25 PM
holy crap! there actually is someone with common sense on IA :goodjob:

or google.

speedminded
04-23-2007, 12:17 AM
haha YUP
mine was friday night, last night i went with a chick at kennesaw mountain high school and them my friend and his gf.

i didn't know anyone else in the group really so w/e lol. Kid was prob dipping it in the pot instead of letting it sit

pwnedIt's not too hard to cross contaminate something when you have a handful of skewers and a plate full of raw meat sitting in front of you ;)

Nismo
04-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Raw meat FTW