PDA

View Full Version : Headed to the Hills!

con
04-22-2007, 04:53 AM
I'm so excited!

top of 400 at the waffle house at 9AM, huge group ride. mixed skill groups from newbie to extreme!

GIXXERDK
04-22-2007, 06:02 AM
See you there

con
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
So I crashed:

I lost sight of my line and lowsided after catching a glimpse of another rider in my peripheral view who had seriously crashed. I lowsided, slid and did a back flip over an embankment with about a 45 degree slope. hopped up and the first thing I saw was his bike by the pole. turned around and there he was. I knew he was badly hurt and just talked to him to keep him conscious. his bike is a total loss, frame broken in two and the entire bike was mangled. he ended up roughly 150ft or more farther down the embankment from the bike and was laying across a fallen log with his mid to lower leg seriously twisted. not sure how he landed or whatever but the bike definitely hit an electric pole. I think what I saw was the bike sliding down the pole as I did not see him enter the curve or go over.

he's in surgery now and his brother says he broke his leg T6-7 and also has a broken clavicle. EMT's had an excellent response time and were there within 15 minutes and he was out of there and off to the Chopper within another 15-20min. Thanks Ms. ? who called for help, good thing you were at home. Said she heard pop (his bike hitting the pole) and a few seconds later a skid (that was me).

despite the get off it was a great day. finally broke in my knee sliders and was hitting 60 harder than ever. I'm already eager to go back.

I got a few bruises, but nothing to complain about. Also gave my leathers a little character. Overall I'm just glad I saw what I did and was able to get 'J' some help. If I hadn't of crashed no one would of known he was down there.

as for my bike, I was able to ride it home. broken subframe, tail plastics, windscreen, scraped up engine case cover and bent shifter. that's it, I'm shocked there isn't a scratch on my fairings and only the upper part of my upper cowl near the top screw for the windscreen is cracked. so new subframe, engine case cover, a touch of plastic weld and tail plastics to make her minty again. oh yea, and some new frame sliders. I'm ecstatic that the bike came out of it this good, because this was a 25mph banking curve and I was running in the upper 70's full lean and dragging knee.

till the next time.........

GIXXERDK
04-23-2007, 05:37 AM
Hope you feel better man,

con
04-23-2007, 06:51 AM
nothing for me to feel better about, I'm at work and doing just fine. I continued to stretch and work my muscles throughout the night and barely sore at all. James on the other hand has a very long and rough road ahead of him. I pray that he and his brother are able to get through this and carry on with their lives.

GIXXERDK
04-23-2007, 09:05 AM
nothing for me to feel better about, I'm at work and doing just fine. I continued to stretch and work my muscles throughout the night and barely sore at all. James on the other hand has a very long and rough road ahead of him. I pray that he and his brother are able to get through this and carry on with their lives.

I remember my first crash, I couldnt even get out of bed - I was so sore and tense. I left you a message on your voicemail btw.

con
04-23-2007, 09:56 AM
not my first, my second and I'm sure it won't be my last! first one was back in '03 and ironically on 60 as well. again I walked away without injury but in that incident my bike was a total loss.

Grimm Reeper
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Damn, I know that I'm late, but get that feeling back.