PDA

View Full Version : Did you see all them damn bikes???

Lizbiz101
04-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Did anyone else see the mass of bikes (as in motorcycles) parading down 285?? It was CRAZY!!! I've never seen so many bikes at one time!!! Anyone know as to why??

MachNU
04-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Did anyone else see the mass of bikes (as in motorcycles) parading down 285?? It was CRAZY!!! I've never seen so many bikes at one time!!! Anyone know as to why??

shit all dam day heading 85 south i saw shit loads of modded bikes, some ooked like drag bikes blowing down and racing downt he highway toward altanta, figured there was a meet or something in atlanta....

The BUCKY
04-22-2007, 12:02 AM
hmmm i dont know

maybe that bike thing is goin on down at atl motor speedway. i heard about something on the radio but didnt pay attention

Killswitch Performance
04-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I think there was a race through downtown buford...

Tyler

JITB
04-22-2007, 12:11 AM
i saw alot of bikes out too, looked like fun..wish i was affraid to ride...lol

GIXXERDK
04-22-2007, 01:26 AM
i saw alot of bikes out too, looked like fun..wish i was affraid to ride...lol

Fear will keep you alive

sirkus
04-22-2007, 01:45 AM
If you're not afraid... you will die.

JITB
04-22-2007, 01:52 AM
i saw alot of bikes out too, looked like fun..wish i wasnt affraid to ride...lol

oops edited

sirkus
04-22-2007, 01:56 AM
oops edited
I figured that's what you meant. I was a little afraid when I first started riding. I took a course at earl smalls harley. Took out a lot of my fear.. but I will always have fear in the back of my head while riding. It's too easy to make mistakes and no room for errors.

JITB
04-22-2007, 01:59 AM
I figured that's what you meant. I was a little afraid when I first started riding. I took a course at earl smalls harley. Took out a lot of my fear.. but I will always have fear in the back of my head while riding. It's too easy to make mistakes and no room for errors.

im not even affraid of me messin up, its the other cars im affraid of.

sirkus
04-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Yeah.. that's the main part that I'm afraid of now.. If I lived anywhere closer to ATL, I wouldn't ride. Tons of stupid asses that like to merge while on cell phones. My dad's been hit 2 times in Cobb county on his way to work. Both times near Kennestone hospital. Both times were by older Asian women..

JC
04-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Been there. I have wrecked 2 different bikes. Both my error, nobody else involved. There are so many factors in bikes that contribute to everything. My first accident I was just turning out of my condo complex and hit loose gravel and dropped it at about 5 mph.

The second one I was driving downtown, light turned red, tried to stop, rear tire just would not grab with all the grease and oil on the streets. Layed it at about 15 mph.

I love bikes, I want another one, but they are VERY EASY to damage and VERY EXPENSIVE to fix.

Frög
04-22-2007, 02:36 AM
If you're not afraid... you will die.

:yes:

jmmx258
04-22-2007, 08:00 AM
You sir are a very wise man!! I too have lots of trust in myself with riding a bike. I won't fuck around on the roads though. God only knows when some idiot is going to ruin your day/life.

I saw pictures of my dad when he went down at only 25 mph when a guy in a truck pulled out in front of him. Scared the hell out of me.

I have a little guardian angel pin, that i pin in the belt of my jeans when i ride..street, or motocross.

Anybody who isn't scared..is STUPID. Atleast on the street. I'm' not to scared on dirt. Just because we're all going for the same thing there. You dont have idiots pulling out of side streets

quickdodge®
04-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Tons of stupid asses that like to merge while on cell phones.

But on the other hand, there's just as many dumbasses on bikes that just ride on the freeway like they own it. Cutting people off, no blinkers(just get over when they feel like it), just flying through cars. It's the same idiots that represent "LOOK TWICE, SAVE A LIFE, MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE" that are a lot of reasons why there are bike wrecks. YOu hardly ever see a bike rider follow the rules of the road.

I'll get a bike someday, though. Later, QD.

jmmx258
04-22-2007, 09:44 AM

I'm almost willing to bet though that this post will be somewhat proven hypocritical. When driving, I always used my signals, make sure I have enough room, and give people right of way when needed.

I don't have a bike here, but back home when riding, I was always doing about 10-15 over the limit. I never signaled when merging lanes but I did look for traffic about to hit me. The look twice save a life more so pertains to cross roads and what not.

Anything off of the highway however, I was always doing the limit, always signaled, and rarely rode like an asshole. At times there were some fun little roads to cruise out, but I knew them, as well as the traffic patterns. Here, never happen. I dont know the traffic patterns everywhere here. And quite frankly it changes so much i'll bet NOBODY does.

I don't mean to start an argument at all here man. I'm just saying. It all changes when your actually the guy on the bike. Despite what any of these guys on here say.

Granted I'm sure there are some of you on here who do ride very well. Do use signals and your heads. I'm a smart rider however I make dumb choices at times. People tell me often it comes from my 2 wheeled racing life I've lived. Which is a good possibility.

quickdodge®
04-22-2007, 09:46 AM
It all changes when your actually the guy on the bike.

I don't see how it would change. If you're on the highway or backroads, you need to let people know what you're doing so they know what to do. Later, QD.

sirkus
04-22-2007, 12:30 PM
But on the other hand, there's just as many dumbasses on bikes that just ride on the freeway like they own it. Cutting people off, no blinkers(just get over when they feel like it), just flying through cars. It's the same idiots that represent "LOOK TWICE, SAVE A LIFE, MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE" that are a lot of reasons why there are bike wrecks. YOu hardly ever see a bike rider follow the rules of the road.

Those kind of people are the people who aren't afraid (and they're really stupid). They think they're the best riders ever. I rode with a couple people like that before.. they're retarded.

JC
04-22-2007, 01:45 PM

I was one of those dumbasses when I had my bike.

Maniaç
04-22-2007, 01:50 PM
chill the fuck out! you're getting way to crazy... relax. damn.... haha!

jmmx258
04-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't see how it would change. If you're on the highway or backroads, you need to let people know what you're doing so they know what to do. Later, QD.
It's more of the quick moves, and feelings you get when you just dive into and commit to it. Idk worked that way for me. I started riding responsible. It slowly faded away however when I realize just the rush/blast it is to do those things. Its like smoking..some can quit, some can't.

Halfwit
04-22-2007, 01:55 PM
they were all around conyers too.

ahmonrah
04-22-2007, 02:06 PM
i know i'm definately getting a bike, but like actually owning an import with the intention of doing work to it aside from the norm(oil changes,tires,brakes), i came into the game late, though i always spectated. so now that i own a car worth tuning, i'm setting plans in motion to buy a bike by winter, that way in '08 i'll be up on 2. me and CON are kool peeps and he's been riding for a while so i'll have him as a homie plus riding buddies.

Mr_S13®
04-22-2007, 02:11 PM
We were going to unidila, I think how you spell it, georgia. They had a bike rally down there this weekend. It was a blast. Its called the angel city rally. You guys should check it out next year...

kngkahious
04-22-2007, 02:36 PM
bikes are fun but the one timw u dont watch your ass it's over.i have 2 a 06 gsxr 1000 and a 06 r6 raven edition.believe me when i say i try to get through atlanta as fast as i can when i ride.good thing is i'm from carrol county.

gixxermike
04-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Not sure if anyone posted because i didnt read every post in here..

The HUGE amount of bikes in groups were for the Ruff Ryders annual meet ..They had a group ride to grant park where they were having a picnic /BBQ Then they were doing a huge party at the Atrium on memorial drive ...:goodjob: