PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Insurance...??

ALVIN
04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
For those who ride motorcycles and have insurance. What are the companies and rates yall have?

I am really interested in State Farm though cuz I have them on my car and its only $100 a month for full coverage and 200/500 deductibles(sp).

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

sleepys4
04-21-2007, 07:43 PM
How old are you? what kind of bike?

ALVIN
04-21-2007, 08:01 PM
20...RC51. I am going to get my license next week before I get the insurance.

David88vert
04-21-2007, 09:04 PM
State Farm is usually going to be your best bet. I use Foremost though.

Evil Goat
04-21-2007, 09:06 PM
i used progressive, on my 98 gsxr 600 it was around $30/month for a state minimum and on my 03 r6 it was around $90/month for full coverage...and if you dont have decent health insurance you need to look into finding a company that has some type of injury coverage as well

i was 21 when i got the gixxer and 24 when i got the r6...clean mvr as well

quickdodgeŽ
04-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I know State Farm quoted me at $34/year for coverage on a 1998 CBR600. Lolol. Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
04-21-2007, 09:53 PM
im thinking about getting a bike for cheap insurance/gas.

quickdodgeŽ
04-21-2007, 09:55 PM
im thinking about getting a bike for cheap insurance/gas.

Now THAT would be awesome. For the rest of us. Later, QD.

GIXXERDK
04-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Wow you really bought an RC51 as a first? Get full coverage with state farm since you already have a car under them.

sirkus
04-22-2007, 01:42 AM
I use Gieco, they were pretty cheap. Which.. I've taken 2 DD courses and a motorcycle safety course. Knocked off a good bit. I have a 01 Roadstar 1600 under me right now for 70/mo for full coverage and I'm 23.

David88vert
04-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Geico and Progressive were the 2 highest companies that I've ever checked. Over 30, married, MSF, years of riding with no accidents or tickets. Still Progressive wanted over $5K/yr, and Geico wanted over $4K/yr on a used bike that cost $10K brand new. Obviously, they didn't want the business. They are rip-offs.

ALVIN
04-22-2007, 07:33 AM
I am really thinking of full coverage under State Farm. I am going to take my MRC next weekend. All weekend course Friday through Sunday, and hopefully the week after I am going to the dmv to get my M endorsement.

and preeshiate the feedback btw.

civic95
04-22-2007, 09:54 AM
03 R6 insured with State Farm. Full Coverage is $19 a month

Evil Goat
04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Geico and Progressive were the 2 highest companies that I've ever checked. Over 30, married, MSF, years of riding with no accidents or tickets. Still Progressive wanted over $5K/yr, and Geico wanted over $4K/yr on a used bike that cost $10K brand new. Obviously, they didn't want the business. They are rip-offs.

theres something more to that story...progresive is a good company when it comes to bikes....like i said, i was actually 23 when i got the insurance, no msf, clean mvr, and i was quoted 1079 for the year for full coverage

at 5k/year thats over $400 a month, i dont pay that much for car insurance on 2cars, and i now have a failure to obey on my record, and my wife still has an accident and 2 speeding tickets and neither of us are over 25 yet....this is on an 01 accord and 03 trailblazer...hell i didnt pay that much when i was much younger w/ a civic, or my cobra, or my talon....

kngkahious
04-22-2007, 02:43 PM
the incurance is rediculious.when i first got my gixxer they wanted 9k year for full coverage.the way i figured it was i would rather pay for liability and fix the bike myself.or buy a new one for that money i got incurance on the r6 today though 54/mo geico.incurance on the gixxer 1k was in the 100/mo range.

Blitanicle99
04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Going on with this discussion are there really realy cheap liability companies? I am getting another cheaper bike probably around summer to ride around in the boro... And Im paying for everything.

GIXXERDK
04-23-2007, 05:32 AM
theres something more to that story...progresive is a good company when it comes to bikes....like i said, i was actually 23 when i got the insurance, no msf, clean mvr, and i was quoted 1079 for the year for full coverage

at 5k/year thats over $400 a month, i dont pay that much for car insurance on 2cars, and i now have a failure to obey on my record, and my wife still has an accident and 2 speeding tickets and neither of us are over 25 yet....this is on an 01 accord and 03 trailblazer...hell i didnt pay that much when i was much younger w/ a civic, or my cobra, or my talon....

Quote will depend on A LOT of things, even as to which town you live in

Evil Goat
04-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Quote will depend on A LOT of things, even as to which town you live in

yea, i worked for geico for about 5 years, i know how it works, but i dont think that living in doraville, according to his profile anyway, will have that kind of affect on his rates, the city has a population of around 10k, meaning a low crime rate, hell i live in macon and we have a population of just under 100k and one hellacious crime rate and like i said at 23 i bought a policy w/ progressive (and btw you dont get discounts for having your car and bike w/ progressive, they are two seperate policies according to them) for just under $100 month full coverage on a 2003 r6 special edition, no msf course, and a clean mvr at the time....i just think he's either talking out of his ass or he screwed up the info somewhere along the lines

theres alot of stuff that goes into insurance quotes, he could have some seriously fucked up credit or something like that

GIXXERDK
04-23-2007, 09:01 AM
yea, i worked for geico for about 5 years, i know how it works, but i dont think that living in doraville, according to his profile anyway, will have that kind of affect on his rates, the city has a population of around 10k, meaning a low crime rate, hell i live in macon and we have a population of just under 100k and one hellacious crime rate and like i said at 23 i bought a policy w/ progressive (and btw you dont get discounts for having your car and bike w/ progressive, they are two seperate policies according to them) for just under $100 month full coverage on a 2003 r6 special edition, no msf course, and a clean mvr at the time....i just think he's either talking out of his ass or he screwed up the info somewhere along the lines

theres alot of stuff that goes into insurance quotes, he could have some seriously fucked up credit or something like that

I've had some outrageous quotes, 14k a year for full coverage :rolleyes:

Evil Goat
04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
theres got to be something about it though...ive never seen area fluctuate prices like that, maybe atlanta, but jesus, a 10k$ difference?

why the hell would someone pay what the bike costs a year in insurance? only problem is if you have a loan against the bike you dont have a choice

GIXXERDK
04-23-2007, 09:09 AM
theres got to be something about it though...ive never seen area fluctuate prices like that, maybe atlanta, but jesus, a 10k$ difference?

why the hell would someone pay what the bike costs a year in insurance? only problem is if you have a loan against the bike you dont have a choice

When I was getting quotes the area made alot of difference. Paying over 10k for full coverage isnt even in question and doesnt make much sense when my bike is worth 7k. Suzuki works like a credit card, but others you have to have full coverage when getting a loan.

GIXXERDK
04-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I do live in Atlanta btw

Evil Goat
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
bajesus....id say its time to move

ALVIN
04-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I thought you were talking about me living in doraville lol. I live in Grayson. So population is not big. Well I dunno anymore. But like I've been thinking. I am finishing my BRC and getting my license and then getting quotes from their. After I get the company I want and rate I will go buy the bike. (Perfect credit) I mean hell I am paying for my RSX right now through Honda and its only 292 a month at 4.2% APR. I am still debating on weather to put anything down or to use what I was going to put down and buy a helmet and leathers outright. I think I might just buy them outright rather than adding them to the finance price.

ALVIN
04-23-2007, 08:55 PM
ohh and I do appreciate everyones feedback on this