PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods where to buy wheel studs?

GGPIS3
04-21-2007, 02:18 PM
need to pick up 10 extended studs for my rear wheels.

12x1.50 40mm length

i've tried a few places... but all have a 5 day wait for some no-name studs. if im going to wait for them, i'd rather try finding a higher quality set than getting some cheap ones that might break.

any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

Psycho
04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
i've tried a few places...
Tried a few places? We drove around for like 2 hours trying to find them.

KevinT707
04-21-2007, 09:31 PM
.. Even Summit doesn't have them?

AlliRae
04-21-2007, 10:38 PM
summit... nopi..... pepboys?

Alan®
04-22-2007, 03:30 AM
i need one to for my tC so if you find any thing let me know

GGPIS3
04-22-2007, 10:09 AM
haven't tried summit. pepboys is a def. no. they did have studs, but none in the size that i need. and i haven't stopped by nopi yet either.

GGPIS3
04-22-2007, 10:44 AM
well summit does carry studs.. but do they have the right size..

also looks like ARP makes studs for most vehicles but also cost like 3-5 times more.

but i guess if you have to go with extended studs, its better to get better quality ones so they wont break. and ARP is known to make shit that doesn't break.

speedminded
04-22-2007, 08:44 PM
well summit does carry studs.. but do they have the right size..

also looks like ARP makes studs for most vehicles but also cost like 3-5 times more.

but i guess if you have to go with extended studs, its better to get better quality ones so they wont break. and ARP is known to make shit that doesn't break.I would not get anything but ARP for any suspension or engine bolt/stud. Raceworks in my sig has them or can order them but like you said it may be a few days...

FAHHQUE700
04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
ARP makes the best, I seen you ran slicks before last year (I think)... I would defiantly recomend the ARP wheel studs. I have used Moroso and they have not held up like the ARP do. Also make sure you go slightly larger with the knurl diameter so it's safe.

§treet_§peed
04-22-2007, 10:04 PM
most parts stores carry them.. slaxks auto parts in particular...

GGPIS3
04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
ARP makes the best, I seen you ran slicks before last year (I think)... I would defiantly recomend the ARP wheel studs. I have used Moroso and they have not held up like the ARP do. Also make sure you go slightly larger with the knurl diameter so it's safe.

thanks for the info. but no, never used slicks before.. only drag radials.. shitty ones too.. haha nitto 555R. but again, thanks.. im going to order a set of the ARPs...

SatansRectum
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
pepboys is a def. no. they did have studs, but none in the size that i need.
Not to mention, that they kept arguing with you about what parts you need for your own car.

but i guess if you have to go with extended studs, its better to get better quality ones so they wont break. and ARP is known to make shit that doesn't break.
LoL, ask Dingo about his ARP head studs breaking when Top Speed torqued them down. Evidently the metal had an air pocket in it. I'm not saying that ARP is a bad company, I'm just saying that their products (just like any other product) will always have its flaws.