PDA

View Full Version : Jezza discusses the direction of Top Gear

Mr_Mischif
04-21-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/040-series-10-its-up-to-you/

Here's a little snippet of the discussion:

The series that's just finished was full of us three cocking about, and almost completely devoid of anything you might fairly call 'a road test'. You had us growing petrol, getting stuck in Fulham, being hounded out of Alabama and resurfacing roads. And about two seconds of a Porsche going round corners in Lincolnshire.

This has gone down very badly with the people in internet land. After every show, they dived into their forums and moaned like Nigel Mansell stuck in a jet engine that their beloved car show had become an entertainment show for the terminally childish. They're right too. Perhaps we should have changed the name to Last of the Summer Petrol.

All these people want to know why there aren't two or three proper car tests a week. And not car tests where I drive around shouting "poweeeeer", but proper ones done by James where every nut, bolt and torque is taken out and examined.

What they want, secretly, is Chris Goffey back. And I'd love to oblige. I'd love to spend the day hooning around in a 599 or a lightweight Gallardo. I'd love to make those cars live for you on the screen. It'd be great.

Discuss.

Frög
04-21-2007, 12:00 PM
too tired to read..

Leadfoot_mf
04-21-2007, 04:27 PM
whats to Discuss?

Mr_Mischif
04-21-2007, 05:41 PM
whats to Discuss?

If he's right/wrong, how far they should go, etc.

koukis14
04-21-2007, 07:04 PM
How about show it in fucking America again. I don't car what they do as long as they show cool cars, and Clarkson bitches about everything.

SampaGuy
04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
the one they came to america was fucking awesome, jeremy clarkson is the man. the regular car tests are kinda boring imo, i like it how they try to do something creative every time.

Bruce Leroy
04-21-2007, 11:20 PM
I like top gear too. Its WAAAYYYY better than car and driver TV. I think it should stay exactly the way it is.