PDA

View Full Version : STARTING PROBLEMS

blaknoize
04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Pretty much. I had just purchased a Civic from this forum. It ran fine for 1 1/2 days. Then... driving down the highway, the motor shut off. I downshifted, it came back to life, then died, then came back to life, then died. Downshift and so on. Could this be a distributor problem or worse? I will go into greater detail if whomever tries to answer this question would like.

The ride is a 1991 Civic CRX Si. 1.6L All stock.
Anyone who reads this please send me an e-mail or call or txt me.

C: 7705721949
E: [email protected]

I'd like the help, whether personal or over the phone.

Thanks again.

blaknoize
04-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I guess this is to make me feel stupid. No ones replying...

Z U L8R
04-23-2007, 07:20 AM
could be a lot of things man. you can't be like "my car died" and i'm like "i know exactly what it is, it's your _______ no doubt about it" do some basic tests and post more info about your situation and it'll be a lot easier to offer some advice

pitbull325
04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, probably your distributor. Double check all your grounds and all wires, plugs for loose connections. If you can get it to run, put a test light on it, not to check for timing, but to see if you have an erratic spark. You could even get a rough idea just by turning it over. I saw a G20 do that, I put on the test light and cranked it and the spark was erratic=new dizzy.

blaknoize
04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Well it was the distributor. I shoulda known that when I saw the rpm needle jumping. I just dont know how I managed to drive the car from Augusta to ATL then 400miles around town and THEN it goes out on me on the freeway back to Augusta.

Thanks though.