PDA

View Full Version : The whole idea of automatic shut off lights...pure laziness...

Nemesis
04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Im not sure if other folks feel this way or not, but people that leave their lights on after they park and let the car shut them off for them, are pure freaking lazy! It takes only a split second to hit the switch yourself!!!

GRRRRRR RAR ANGRY JORJE!!!!!!!!!!!

JConner
04-20-2007, 11:09 AM
some cars take a lot of effort to turn the lights off actually. I know in the GMC Yukon you have to press the dome light button in and out 3 times fast to turn them off. My truck's lights go off when i open the door.

edit: now that i think about it, 3/4th of GM cars are the same way (with the dome light button)

Killer
04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
... mine only do the self turn off...

if the battery goes dead..... so i make sure to put forth the extra effort! lol...

thinkfast®
04-20-2007, 11:25 AM
MY LINCOLN DOES THAT LITES OUT SHIT AUTOMATIC GEORGE, SO DONT CALL ME LAZY WHEN YOU ARE THE LAZY ONE, DRIVIN A MANUAL AND RIDIN IN 6TH GEAR AT ALL TIMES SO YOU DONT HAVE TO DOWNSHIFT

WHO DOES THAT

ISAtlanta300
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
it's not about being lazy. It's about having the lights on long enough to see where da fuk you walking i.e. when you park in your driveway with a bag of groceries and looking for the keyhole on your door.

Should we put switches for garage door lights too? :)

quickdodge®
04-20-2007, 02:45 PM
The whole idea of making thread about the whole idea of automatic shut off lights being pure laziness is fucking stupid as hail. Later, QD.

Sol-Badguy
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
it's not about being lazy. It's about having the lights on long enough to see where da fuk you walking i.e. when you park in your driveway with a bag of groceries and looking for the keyhole on your door.

:goodjob:

gtikid
04-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Who parks their car RIGHT in front of their front door? :thinking: :screwy:

ISAtlanta300
04-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Not the front door, but the door you usually enter from, be it the kitchen, hallway or garage. i.e. if you had a house with a garage would you actualy drive into your garage, get out.. walk out, close the garage door, and walk around to your front door instead of entering via the garage/hallway/kitchen door?

Kamikaze
04-20-2007, 06:26 PM

I don't have that option. My lights turn off as soon as I open the door. Damn you Toyota. :tongue1:

Mine are automatic but they also have a switch...well a button rather.

Hulud
04-20-2007, 07:23 PM
i forgot being able to see at night when you leave your car is overrated

gtikid
04-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Not the front door, but the door you usually enter from, be it the kitchen, hallway or garage. i.e. if you had a house with a garage would you actualy drive into your garage, get out.. walk out, close the garage door, and walk around to your front door instead of entering via the garage/hallway/kitchen door?

I don't park in my garage, I walk in my front door. Besides, like you said earlier, should they make a switch for the lights for your garage door ;) If you park in the garage, won't the garage lights be on? ;)

_Christian_
04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't park in my garage, I walk in my front door. Besides, like you said earlier, should they make a switch for the lights for your garage door ;) If you park in the garage, won't the garage lights be on? ;)
what if you have a car port?;) i used to have those automatic lights on my lincoln town car. i was one of the "lazy" people you mention. when i used to go to stores at night ppl would say "you left your lights on" all the time.

ATK_Designs
04-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Auto shut off light is very useful.

Jorje got powned :lol:

BTLFED
04-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I know what this thread needs.

Frög
04-21-2007, 09:49 AM
what i hate is daytime running lights! GRRRRRR..

BTLFED
04-21-2007, 10:00 AM
what i hate is daytime running lights! GRRRRRR..

My 4Runner has daytime running lights. :slap:

gtikid
04-21-2007, 10:21 AM
what if you have a car port?;) i used to have those automatic lights on my lincoln town car. i was one of the "lazy" people you mention. when i used to go to stores at night ppl would say "you left your lights on" all the time.

Exactly, if you have a car port then you won't need for the lights to stay on running for you to reach the door ;)

Clegger
04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
some cars take a lot of effort to turn the lights off actually. I know in the GMC Yukon you have to press the dome light button in and out 3 times fast to turn them off. My truck's lights go off when i open the door.

edit: now that i think about it, 3/4th of GM cars are the same way (with the dome light button)

WTF are you talking about??? Most GM cars have auto lights, if not then its just a knob that you turn. In 3 years of working valet we always had to turn the lights off and I never had to push some stupid dome button 3 times fast to turn it off LMAO

not SOME cars NO cars take a lot of effort to turn the lights off

ALSO if the lights are automatic why do you need to turn them off manually, its not being lazy, its called conveniece, so if you buy an automatic car your being lazy?? and I suppose you get up and walk over to your tv to change the channel

BTLFED
04-21-2007, 10:46 AM
WTF are you talking about??? Most GM cars have auto lights, if not then its just a knob that you turn. In 3 years of working valet we always had to turn the lights off and I never had to push some stupid dome button 3 times fast to turn it off LMAO

not SOME cars NO cars take a lot of effort to turn the lights off

ALSO if the lights are automatic why do you need to turn them off manually, its not being lazy, its called conveniece, so if you buy an automatic car your being lazy?? and I suppose you get up and walk over to your tv to change the channel

This man speaks the truth! :lmfao:

The Yousef
04-21-2007, 10:51 AM
what i find retarded is paying $130 for some mudflaps....

i'm not going to say who....

but it starts with a G and ends with E and there is EORG in the middle...

gtikid
04-21-2007, 05:00 PM
The childmolester?