PDA

View Full Version : they found my friend

kilpatty43
06-29-2005, 11:59 AM
as some of yall know my friend paul has been missing since feb 28...about 3 weeks ago it was discovered that he was not only missing but believed to be a prisoner atfer 2 other soldiers he went missing with turned up executed...they ofund paul this past saturday...beaten and executed just outside baghdad...he had several broken bones along with some cracked ribs...many lacerations and bruises and was serverly malnourished...i met with paul's mom this morning...she came into town to tell me the news and to give me a letter paul wrote to me beofre he left in case something happened to him...he told me he loved me and that he was sorry he wasnt coming back...the letter was a little over a page long...he also left me a ring...it was his grandmothers 50th anniversary ring that she left to him when she died last year...he said that he planned on proposing to me once he got back and since he wasnt coming back that he still wanted me to have it...that it was meant for my finger...he had it cleaned and sized before he left and its a perfect fit...dont know how he knew my size but he did...ever since he went missing ive been prepared for the worst but it still hit me hard...just thought id let yall know...

A.P. Photography
06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear Heather :(

civic95
06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Damn! sorry to hear that, I was hoping he would be rescued or something eventually.

Spyder
06-29-2005, 12:04 PM
Damn. Im sorry :(

alpinestar4life7
06-29-2005, 12:06 PM
wow.. i am so sorry... that made me cry. Hit too close to home.

Shawna
06-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Heather stop making me cry damnit!! You know I love you girl and if you need anything Ill be at your apt in no time..car or not...Im here for you whenever you need me. The ring is a perfect fit for a reason...he loved you and still does. Don't forget that....

HyPer50
06-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear that = /

drupason
06-29-2005, 12:14 PM
sorry to hear, life goes on tho

buddha@TeamFX
06-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Heather sorry to hear of this...

HEATON
06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear, but atleast now you can have a lil closure.

5thgcelica
06-29-2005, 12:27 PM
woo...
damn. im really sorry to hear this....

The Ren
06-29-2005, 12:28 PM
aww hunny im so sorry.. Atleast you still have part of the most important part of him with that ring... his heart. He obviously loved you so much and he still does.. He knew that if he didnt come back the only thing he could give you was that ring to signafy his heart.. :D Im here if you need me!

sweetcarz02
06-29-2005, 12:29 PM
I don't know you heather but very sorry to hear that. At least he died for a good cause.

boosted1jz
06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
sorry 2 hear that, my condolences(sp?) to the family and friends

chris

redlinenprelude
06-29-2005, 12:34 PM
wow iam sorry to hert that

Mike
06-29-2005, 12:35 PM
i am very sorry for your loss. he is in a better place now

Brandon C
06-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I am very sorry for your lost as I am in prayer today I will pray for you..

The Yousef
06-29-2005, 12:50 PM
i'm sorry heather...he'll be in my prayers....

kilpatty43
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
thank you all for your kind words...and your support throughout this whole ordeal...i really appreciate it more than youll ever know

Nittanys1
06-29-2005, 01:04 PM
that is so sad! Im sure he was thinkin of you and his family till his last............brought a tear to my eye too. I'm really sorry. We are all here for you to help pull u through when u need it!

collins
06-29-2005, 01:27 PM
nobody looks forward to this kind of news. this is the epitomy (sp?) of things you really lothe hearing. heather, i'm so sorry about all of this. you know your sister and i are here for you for whatever. i didnt know the guy, but i know he was a brave soul fighting for our country, doing his part to keep us safe on the homeland. again, while this can be some heart breaking news to recieve, at least you know he's not suffering anymore. you know that whatever pain he was enduring has now ceased. and the void that was once known as "where's paul" can now be filled with his care for you. i'm sorry things didnt work out they way everyone was hoping, but at least he's no longer in the hands of those criminalistic maniacs. send his family our condolences.

SLOWR/T
06-29-2005, 01:28 PM
WOW. thats hard to read and know that your typing this about someone you loved. im real sorry that it happen like this. i was praying for a better out come. :(

Jaimecbr900
06-29-2005, 01:51 PM
My deepest sympathy and condolences for you today. It's heart breaking to hear that story. You and he will be in our family's prayers. Truly heart breaking. :(

tightblue89
06-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Heather I dont know you but Im sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and Pauls family.

BOOSTEDeg
06-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry to hear it. Very sorry actually. I was hoping that this wasn't going to be the ending. He died doing what he thought was right. He is a hero who died for the blanket of freedom the United States sleeps under. At least you have closure now, may he rest in peace. Another fallen comrade, a hero. Try to remember all the good he did and the good times you had together, for he is in a better place now, Hooah.

Kevykev
06-29-2005, 02:12 PM
so sorry to here, the news was inevitable i guess. :(

£G2♣
06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
im sorry to hear that

bigb996
06-29-2005, 03:22 PM
sorry to hear this...hes in a great place now though and knowing what he did for our country is a great accomplishment. Everything happens for a reason and he will always be a part of your heart and thats where he will stay. Good luck with everything and we all have you in a prayers.

Xrated O.G.
06-29-2005, 03:33 PM
as some of yall know my friend paul has been missing since feb 28...about 3 weeks ago it was discovered that he was not only missing but believed to be a prisoner atfer 2 other soldiers he went missing with turned up executed...they ofund paul this past saturday...beaten and executed just outside baghdad...he had several broken bones along with some cracked ribs...many lacerations and bruises and was serverly malnourished...i met with paul's mom this morning...she came into town to tell me the news and to give me a letter paul wrote to me beofre he left in case something happened to him...he told me he loved me and that he was sorry he wasnt coming back...the letter was a little over a page long...he also left me a ring...it was his grandmothers 50th anniversary ring that she left to him when she died last year...he said that he planned on proposing to me once he got back and since he wasnt coming back that he still wanted me to have it...that it was meant for my finger...he had it cleaned and sized before he left and its a perfect fit...dont know how he knew my size but he did...ever since he went missing ive been prepared for the worst but it still hit me hard...just thought id let yall know...

My deepest condolences go out to you as well as his family. Being a veteran of Desert Storm I would just like for you to know that there are people out there who have had to deal with this type of loss. From everything I have read in all of your posts about this soldier, I can only come to the realization that he was in fact a very strong and admirable man. I have had to go through this so many times before and it never gets any easier. Please tell his family that we (the soldiers of this free counrty) salute him and are thankfull of his dedication and service to this great country.

Kristi
06-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm so sorry Hefy Bugs! That made me cry reading all that - mom called me a little while ago and told me, I tried to call you, but you didn't answer. I understand that though. I'm so sorry and if there is anything I can do, just let me know. Mom said you were thinking about having a memorial service next week for him, let me know and I will try to come down.

If there is anything I can do Heather, let me know. I'm sorry, but I guess the silver lining in all of this is that you have closure now. I know how hard that is, but its better than not knowing.

RandomGuy
06-29-2005, 04:15 PM
sorry to hear that.... just stay positive for the future. Good luck, my condolences

Brett
06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Heather, I am sooooo sorry about this. If you need anyone to talk to, Hit me up ANYTIME

Leisa
06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Heather boo., I am also sooooo sorry to hear about this... I hope that you can now have closure, keep what he gave you close to your heart, and remember him forever especially all the good times you shared... be sweet !

TRINI4LIFE
That is soo messed up :mad: . My prayers goes out to you and his Family. Keep your head up Ma.

kilpatty43
thanks again everyone...yalls words mean a great deal to me and i will pass them along to his family as well

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Gosh, Heather I am so sorry to hear that.. I'm here for you if you need anything.

topsecret2JZ
06-29-2005, 05:45 PM
very very sorry.... my buddy just shipped out of iraq........ your in my prayers

TKellarB
06-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Heather -- my heart aches for you and from reading the above posts, I am not alone. Hopefully you do have some closure although it will take a while to heal. Much love!

Vteckidd
06-29-2005, 06:07 PM
I cant even type, that is so sad, this is really depressing. Well i thank him for his courage and his patriotism. If it wasnt for people like him, we would not have a free nation. He is the very definition of Hero and Patriot, unfortunetly he had to give the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedom. My most heart felt condolences to his family, you, and anyone else affected by this. let them know it was not in vain, he has earned my deepest respect. I will see if i can get my father (ret col USAF) to see if he can have the flag flown at half mast at his old squadron in memorial to your friend.

Phenix
06-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. The way i look at it, god thought it was his time to go. Weather it be in this life or the next you guys will be together. Once again sorry about your loss, my cousin is about to ship out and i really dont want him to go but he wants to fight for his country. Youll be in my thoughts, i hope you make it through this alrite.

ALVIN
06-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Damn Heather I am really sorry to hear that...

Kristi
06-29-2005, 08:54 PM
My deepest condolences go out to you as well as his family. Being a veteran of Desert Storm I would just like for you to know that there are people out there who have had to deal with this type of loss. From everything I have read in all of your posts about this soldier, I can only come to the realization that he was in fact a very strong and admirable man. I have had to go through this so many times before and it never gets any easier. Please tell his family that we (the soldiers of this free counrty) salute him and are thankfull of his dedication and service to this great country.

that is a great post and very honorable for you to say. thank god for all our soldiers over their fighting for us - my thoughts are with them every day. and like you said, what he did shows was an admirable man he was - and you are too for fighting in Desert Storm. Our country has people like you and Paul to thank for our everyday freedoms

Shawna
06-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Heather tell me when and Im there...

kilpatty43
06-29-2005, 09:05 PM
thanks ill let you know...

his mom just emailed me this article a little while ago...it was printed in their local newpaper this morning...she said that she approved of the article yesterday and didnt want to show me until i had had a chance to deal with everything...

Crough Jr. Dies in Iraq
June 29, 2005

By: Jane Blakely
Staff Writer

He was born and raised in Pineville, Louisiana. A shining star here in this town, and everyone’s friend he was a beloved son and loving brother, all-state football player, class president and volunteer firefighter, he was truly one of a kind. Today, this small town mourns the death of one of its own, Sgt. Paul A. Crough Jr. Paul Jr., known to the locals as “Junior” dreamed of following in his fathers and grandfathers footsteps, so when the time came on his 18th birthday, he joined the armed forces. Torn between which branch to choose, his father being a Marine and grandfather being Navy, Junior chose the Army Rangers. After six years of service Junior left for Iraq for a two-year tour that would complete his service. Leaving everything he’s ever known and those he loved, he set off to make a difference. On February 28, 2005 Junior’s convoy was attacked. There were many wounded, most killed, and some missing. Among the four missing soldiers was Junior. Early June arrives, still no word of Junior. He and the others are still Missing in Action. Then one day each of the four missing soldiers start turning up one by one. It is on June 25, 2005 that Junior is found. Finally Junior is coming home, but not in the way that anyone could imagine. Instead of jumping off the plane and running into the arms of those he loves, he will be carried off in a silk lined casket draped with the flag of the country he loved so dearly. He comes home a hero to this town and to those who knew him. His death comes just 10 short months following his father’s tragic death in a car accident last August. He is survived by his mother, Diane, his brother Jeff, and his fiancée, Heather Kilpatrick. This fallen soldier will be remembered in our hearts forever. He will not only be remembered as the boy next door, or the town hunk, but as the man he always wanted to be, a hero of the U.S.A.

Kristi
06-29-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm soooo sorry Hefy, how sweet of her to list you as his fiance. i'm soooo sorry. i know how upset you are - heck - i just got off the phone with you. if there is anything i can do - let me know. i'm sorry hefy, and i'm here for you no matter what.

i'm sorry hefy!

kilpatty43
06-29-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks kristi...sorry to call you so late...i just was really upset after seeing me listed as his fiance...i wasnt expecting that

The Ren
06-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Im sorry hunny.. let me know when the service is.. i would like to be there...

Kristi
06-29-2005, 09:18 PM
don't worry about it hefy - call me whenever - i don't care if its 3am - call me babe! what do you think sisters are for? especially twin sisters! i know you weren't expecting that, but that was nice of her to do. i know it surprised you, but that is what he wanted you to be, so it was a sweet thought. let me know what i can do. coco sends her kisses to you!

like i told you on the phone earlier today, whenever she has the memorial down there - let me know, i would like to come and be there for you and to pay my respects.

Shawna
06-29-2005, 09:27 PM
me too can i bum a ride someone??? awww Heather that's sooo sweet...I know its coreny and all but it's your own little love story...ok Im done. Seriously though he loves you and dont ever forget that. He's amazing and he did everything to keep you safe and in the end it meant him dieing but it doesnt mean that he is gone forever. Coming from a military family it really does hit close to home. Im proud of Paul, my father, and everyone in my family that has gone to war to keep us safe. To everyone on IA that has served our country Thank You.

The Ren
06-29-2005, 09:39 PM
My boyfriends uncle ( more like his brother) is in Baghdad right now as well as my ex (who is now a good friend) Nick is in falujiah Iraq... I prey for them every night as I do for paul, you, and his family.. I cant thank military people enough for my safety... i owe my freedom to them.. all of them...

kilpatty43
06-29-2005, 10:50 PM
as soon as i know about the memorial i will let yall know...thanks again

flysi00
06-29-2005, 11:35 PM
damn sorry to hear that heather

RutRoe
06-30-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. His family and yourself will be in my prayers

speedracer41
06-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Sorry for your loss, It probably is no consolation, but he is in a better place. Our prayers are with you.

efman
06-30-2005, 07:42 AM
i am really sorry to hear this but you and his family will be in my prayers.
if there is anything any of us can do just shout. i am sure that he is in gods hands now.

lilgapeach
06-30-2005, 10:49 AM
OMG Heather I am sooooo very very sorry, I know we don't know each other but if you EVER want or need somebody to talk to PM me and I will give you my #. From the first post I read about Paul I thought about you and him and his family every night and prayed. Again I am VERY sorry for your loss.. My God be with you and Paul's family!!!

trythefly
06-30-2005, 11:28 AM
thats terrible, but at least you have closure now. Sorry to hear that, I hope you are alright.

ahmonrah
06-30-2005, 02:42 PM
DAMN....heather you have my heartfelt apologies.....i'm sorry it ended this way, i didnt want to hear of another bad thing happening to my boys out there..... if i ever see you i owe you a hug.

AznTraitor
06-30-2005, 03:31 PM
sorry to hear about Paul....but that is what happens in war, here in Columbus it always sucks when the families around here learn that their loved one isnt coming home.

I'm confused, you were his fiance and you didnt know it?

Formally...
06-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Very sorry to here this. Thoughts and Prayers to you and his family.

kilpatty43
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
sorry to hear about Paul....but that is what happens in war, here in Columbus it always sucks when the families around here learn that their loved one isnt coming home.

I'm confused, you were his fiance and you didnt know it?
we were dating when he left and broke up the day he deployed bc he was going to be gone for two years...his choice not mine...but in his letter he told me that he loved me and that i was the one for him...he had the ring sized before he left and planned on proposing when he got back...since he isnt coming home he left the ring to me and asked that i keep it since it was going to be mine...so basically yeah i am/was his fiance'

Texasprep77
06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Heather,
Although we arent friends, i can relate to what happened to you. A neighbor of mine was also deployed to Iraq about a year and a half ago. He was missing for some time and then finally him and 2 others were found. I am sorry to hear about Paul.

-Ryan

kilpatty43
06-30-2005, 07:08 PM
thank you...im very glad that they found your friend...i wish paul couldve been that lcuky

MitsuEvo6
06-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. There are no words for me to say other then words he knew very well. Rangers lead the way!

kilpatty43
07-01-2005, 08:50 AM
yeah paul used to say that all the time...right before he left i got him a sticker made for his truck that said that...god i miss him

LaurenK
07-01-2005, 09:05 AM
:(

Kristi
07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
sorry hefy - i will try to get that sticker made for you this weekend. i need to get one made as well for brady to put on the maxima.

lemme know if there is anything i can do - oh yea - and stop apologizing for calling me - that is what i am here for!

Darling Nikki
07-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Wow, that hit me pretty hard. I am truly sorry to hear that babe. All I can say is that I am very lucky to have my dad here, but all I can do is pray that never happens to my brother over there. If you need anything let us know.

99ITRGIRL
07-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Awww...that was the sweetest thing I've ever heard! :( I'm sorry Heather. But you will always have him with you.

kilpatty43
07-02-2005, 07:28 AM
thanks nikki and ashton...nikki i will keep your brother in my thoughts...i hope he makes it home soon