PDA

View Full Version : HID Group Buy - ApexCone 35W or 50W(lifetime Warranty) - Lumens 35W(1 year warranty)

DinanM3atl
04-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Paul said it was ok :) Thanks Paul!!!

post it where you want; just make sure to add (admin said post was ok) :goodjob:

HID Group Buy - ApexCone 35W or 50W(lifetime Warranty) - Lumens 35W(1 year warranty)

Kit 1—14 Kits 15-29 Kits 30+

APX 35W $235 $215 $200

APX 50W $280 $260 $245

Lumens $195 $165 $150

Shipping would be in the 8-10 dollar range for each one. Working on maybe drop shipping it and you pay me for shipping?

Who is interested?

Please post any questions you may have!

Copy and paste please. This is on e30tech/R3V/BF.c And elsewhere so we should be able to get this going and get on the 30+ and get a good discount for you guys!

Please post in this format.

1. Name - Vehcile - Bulb Type - Bulb Color - Kit Type
1. Halston - 89 325 - 9006 - 6K - Apexcone

Apexcone 35W Kit

Apexcone 50W Race Kit

Lumens 35W Kit

Looking forward to getting this started!!!!

Frög
04-18-2007, 04:07 PM
if it gets to 30+ then ill get a kit..

DinanM3atl
04-18-2007, 04:09 PM
if it gets to 30+ then ill get a kit..

Should be no problem as I am hoping for this largest group buy ever :)

Can you copy and paste your name to list so I know when we have 30 so I can get pricing locked in?

DinanM3atl
04-18-2007, 09:07 PM
ttt

UpSideDownDesi
04-18-2007, 09:18 PM
What's diff between these HID's and regular kits? Plus they should be able to give us a good discount on shipping if they all get shipped to one address.

IndianStig
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Link us to some info or examples of these Kits? Nitro's HID's are cheaper....

However as mentioned above, whats special about these?

Nismo
04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
^ yea nitro's are cheaper.

DinanM3atl
04-19-2007, 11:02 AM
What's diff between these HID's and regular kits? Plus they should be able to give us a good discount on shipping if they all get shipped to one address.

Yes. I will work on the shipping and possibly cover it if everything comes directly to me and then I can delivery or meet up around the atlanta area :)

Details below

Cheaper means Cheaper. Not necessarily Better :) Below for more details.

^ yea nitro's are cheaper.

Below.

Here is from who I will be working with :) I asked him all the specific questions you guys were asking.

Most of the kits on eBay/Cheaper Kits are the exact same despite their appearance. The company that makes all those ballast used 8 different cases that I know of. I know this because I used to buy some of their ballasts for a customer in Mexico. The problem with the ballasts is they draw a lot of current on startup which will cause the ballast to flicker or die.

The bulbs are typically decent. Most those kits use bulbs made by one company in particular. They sell me some of my Hi / Low bulbs (they don’t make them).

The owners of these two companies are (were) working together and pretty much killing the market because they wanted to move to Canada and start distribution. The plan was to do this and raise prices again so they will be the manufacturer and retailer. I don’t know what happened between them but that bulb factory has stopped buying those ballasts. I do know there was a large order of ballasts that was bad and the ballast manufacturer wouldn’t take them back so the bulb factory started looking elsewhere. The other rumor is the owner of the ballast factory is going to shut down and just move to Canada. They told us this and recommended we not buy those ballasts if we still did. Luckily, we only bought them for one customer on a request basis so we didn’t have anything to worry about.

The other big issue is the service. Our kits ship from the US and are delivered in 3-5 days. I know a lot of the eBay/Cheap kits say they are in the US but when they charge $35 for EMS shipping and that is the only method to ship it’s a sure sign that they are overseas. Most of these guys are small trading companies that come and go, typically it’s just one person. As much as I like my kits we do occasionally have a bad ballast or bulb. If you opt for a cheaper kit and have something go bad you will have to pay shipping to and from China to get it replaced. This will run at least $25 each way. If something we sell goes bad we cover shipping back to the customer. I need the defective part back before I can send replacements because a lot of time I get working ballasts back. If you have a bulb go bad with an cheaper kit you are stuck with getting a single bulb replaced and it won’t match the one you already have. This is why if you have a bad bulb we replace both of them.

Color selection: Not many of the guys, if any, offer the color selection that is available through me and who I am working with :) I stock all bulbs from 4300-12,000K and most bulbs from 3000K – 30,000K. Things like H4, H13, 9004 and 9007 I don’t stock in 3000K because they are driving bulbs only and my Hi / Low bulbs are only from 4300K – 12,000K for the same reason.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

If you guys want more info I can go into more detail.

I will be handling the dealings with the company but you will ALL get receipts and these are coming directly from Apexcone. You will get the warranty, you get both bulbs replaced if you have issues etc.

You choice is up to you. I obviously cannot force you to buy one or the other. However there are HUNDREDS of BMW owners on bimmerforums myself included with these kits and I have 50,000 miles on my kit and just put the kit in my e30 :) Pictures below.

Lumens Kit
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/LumensKit.jpg

ApexCone Kit
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/Apexconekit.jpg

ApexCone Ballast
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/ApexconeBallast.jpg

1999 BMW M3 with Apexcone 6K H1 Kit behind PTG Race Film
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/headlights/nighte36lowfar.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/headlights/nighte36low.jpg

1989 325i with Apexcone 6K 9006 Kit
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/headlights/nighte30low.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/headlights/nighte30lowfar.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/headlights/e30hid2.jpg

Projection of the e30 on a garage :) No e36 Pics but I can get them if you like
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/My%20new%20e30/hid2.jpg
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/mdywglr4x4/My%20new%20e30/hid3.jpg

Questions/Concerns let me know

Nitro
04-19-2007, 11:21 AM

:werd:

Nismo ^ yea nitro's are cheaper.

~on & BTW........46 kits sold so far in 2 weeks........hrrrrrm~ my feedback speaks fot itself :yes:

DinanM3atl
04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
:werd:

Nismo ^ yea nitro's are cheaper.

~on & BTW........46 kits sold so far in 2 weeks........hrrrrrm~ my feedback speaks fot itself :yes:

I totally understand. However 2 weeks is not 2.5 years as on my car and others on bimmerforums have WAY longer on those kits. I am not doubting you I am giving another option and trying to help out. A name brand kit from a US based company with near perfect customer service.

In the end the IA user can decide what is important to them. Cheaper is not better. I can buy a turbo kit on ebay or I can buy a real kit from AA Tuning. Which is a better value? Value is perceived. Not just the "price".

IndianStig
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
A few of my friends paid $140 shipped for their's, been in there for 5-6 months now, no problems.

If Nitro's not doing his when I get my JDM housings then I may jump in on this.

How much for Bi-Xenon and Fogs? I plan on getting low, high, and fogs.... lol 6 ballasts, wow.

Nitro you have PM for same question.

DinanM3atl
04-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I will find out for you :)

What bulb types are in your vehicle specifically so I can accurately quote you :)

Nitro
04-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I totally understand. However 2 weeks is not 2.5 years as on my car and others on bimmerforums have WAY longer on those kits. I am not doubting you I am giving another option and trying to help out. A name brand kit from a US based company with near perfect customer service.

In the end the IA user can decide what is important to them. Cheaper is not better. I can buy a turbo kit on ebay or I can buy a real kit from AA Tuning. Which is a better value? Value is perceived. Not just the "price".

not knocking your hustle bro....much respect to u..i only said 2 weeks because that's when i actually included it in my sig & made it an option for members to get info on here........i've actully been doing this and various installs from ground effects to lambo doors etc. right in my garage for the past 6 yrs.......g/l with your group buy. :cheers:

fastboyamin pm answered......

IndianStig
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
9006 for low
9005 for high

I want 3k or 10/12k

UpSideDownDesi
04-20-2007, 01:08 AM
i would like to see how 6k looks in person because i currently have 10k in my car. They look really good, but 10k leans toward purplish color...which is not my cup of tea. If i can sell mine...i'll prbly put a order.

Crazy Asian
04-20-2007, 04:52 AM
Jeez talk about a great cutoff line. But though the housings on the BMW are meant for HIDs...

Crazy Asian
04-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Also what the heck is the diff between reg and race and apex and lumens...

DinanM3atl
04-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Also what the heck is the diff between reg and race and apex and lumens...

Reg - 35W Kit
Race - 50W Kit - Substantially brighter :) More output

Apexcone is the companies brand. Lumens uses some of Apexcones parts. The Apexcone has a lifetime warranty. Lumens a 1 year. The bulbs are shared but the more important ballast is where the differences are. Inside the ballast is where the Apexcone is better and the difference lies. Less initial voltage to fire, lower running temps etc etc etc

Jeez talk about a great cutoff line. But though the housings on the BMW are meant for HIDs...

Yah both my BMWs have Projectors. THe M3 does not come with them. However I had the HIDs in my US housing and they were great! The e30 does not even have the Euro Projectors ;) Only the US

i would like to see how 6k looks in person because i currently have 10k in my car. They look really good, but 10k leans toward purplish color...which is not my cup of tea. If i can sell mine...i'll prbly put a order.

When is the next time you hitting up a meet?

Shadowfire
04-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Bump. I may get in on this if cash comes along.

DinanM3atl
04-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Bump. I may get in on this if cash comes along.

Sounds like a plan.