PDA

View Full Version : Misc Is this Legal???

Lucky DAWG
04-17-2007, 09:45 PM
well i was looking at people's cars and you always every once in awhile while driving see someone with a turn signal that is white, blue, green, red etc.

Is this legal?

i want to change the bulb on mine to a different colored one... but i don't know if i'm gonna get pulled over for it or not?

are there certain colors that are legal or what? preferably i want to do white or a crystal blue type of color to match my HID's

quickdodge®
04-17-2007, 09:48 PM
well i was looking at people's cars and you always every once in awhile while driving see someone with a turn signal that is white, blue, green, red etc.

Is this legal?

i want to change the bulb on mine to a different colored one... but i don't know if i'm gonna get pulled over for it or not?

are there certain colors that are legal or what? preferably i want to do white or a crystal blue type of color to match my HID's
No. If it is a bulb that flashes or is designed to flash, it is not legal. Especially of the three colors you mentioned.

Red = Emergency
Blue = Police
Green = Military

Later, QD.

cactusEG
04-17-2007, 09:48 PM
good question.. ???

Lucky DAWG
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
No. If it is a bulb that flashes or is designed to flash, it is not legal. Especially of the three colors you mentioned.

Red = Emergency
Blue = Police
Green = Military

Later, QD.

thats what i thought
i knew that applied to neons and such atleast. but those are things you can turn on and off and aren't necessary.

I find it pretty dumb though if it applies to turn signals too that you would do that. You are asking for a ticket because its necessary if you ever want to make a turn lol. i guess if a cop is nearby you're gonna be going straight for awhile :lmfao:

appreciate it QD

quickdodge®
04-17-2007, 09:55 PM
No problem, lolol. Later, QD.

Frög
04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
red and orange is legal for blinkers in the rear... and white and orange for the front.. but cops never bother you for white in the rear.. just dont get hyper white or blue bulbs.. i see volvos driven by soccer moms with white rear blinkers all the time.. i think its because you need a orange bulb and ppl just replace them with white..

quickdodge®
04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
red and orange is legal for blinkers in the rear... and white and orange for the front.. but cops never bother you for white in the rear.. just dont get hyper white or blue bulbs.. i see volvos driven by soccer moms with white rear blinkers all the time.. i think its because you need a orange bulb and ppl just replace them with white..

Red/white/orange are the obvious colors seeing as how they all come on cars from the factory. Lolol. Later, QD.

koukis14
04-17-2007, 10:18 PM
The correct term is Amber not Orange.

Lucky DAWG
04-17-2007, 10:21 PM
oh so i can make the turn signal white up front?
that would look cool / different

man
04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
oh so i can make the turn signal white up front?

Yes

Kyle
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
A better question is why would you do that to a lexus?

Lucky DAWG
04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
A better question is why would you do that to a lexus?

because the color orange causes me to have convulsions?
is that a good enough reason you insensitive asshole?

but really...
i think white will only make the look cleaner

Kyle
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
because the color orange causes me to have convulsions?
is that a good enough reason you insensitive asshole?

but really...
i think white will only make the look cleaner
:lmfao: :cry:

Insensitive asshole. lol... I made you mad. :bump:

1SICKLEX
04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
It is illegal but it seems you can get away with clears.
My front sidemarkers are clear (they are not turn signals) with Polarg M4s for a HID looks
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/1sicklex/1SICKPICS_031107_023.sized.jpg
Compared to stock
http://beliva.netfirms.com/ML430_GS430/GS430/1.JPG

They sell clear corners for your SC.

BuBBa DRiFT
04-18-2007, 01:09 AM
dude get JDM HALF AND HALF AMBER/CLEAR TURN SIGNALS MAN

180sx turn signals ftw

Sol-Badguy
04-18-2007, 09:18 AM
dude get JDM HALF AND HALF AMBER/CLEAR TURN SIGNALS MAN

180sx turn signals ftw
Fuck JDM.

Lucky DAWG
04-18-2007, 11:05 AM
It is illegal but it seems you can get away with clears.
My front sidemarkers are clear (they are not turn signals) with Polarg M4s for a HID looks
http://www.seloc.net/modules/gallery/albums/1sicklex/1SICKPICS_031107_023.sized.jpg
Compared to stock
http://beliva.netfirms.com/ML430_GS430/GS430/1.JPG

They sell clear corners for your SC.

yea i have seen those
they are roughly 150$

the color it projects will still be orange though right? it will just be that white color during the day when looking at it with no lighting

Hulud
04-18-2007, 11:10 AM
agree with everyone

JDMEK18
04-18-2007, 11:28 AM
They can give you a ticket for it!!!!!! I live in Jefferson GA. and the cops up there are crazy.. They just sit on the side of the road and wait for cars to come by modified.. I got a ticket for my hyperwhite.. $75 dollar.. I put the amber back in and went to court and fought it.. Only paid $25.00 because I told them that they should be out fighting crime not looking at little stuff like that.. So it depend where your at.. I lived in lawrenceville all my life and never had a problem until now. I just go all stock with the lights now... I'm gonna get some HID and I hope they don't pull me over for that.. I want the 10K blue and I'll just have to tell them, it comes in Porshe, Volvo, etc... Don't pick on me because I have a civic.. But seriously I'll check with the county first before I buy because if they want to - they will make up a law to give you a ticket!!!

deallealomo
04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
you can have any colors you want..as long as not BLUE!!! how i know? because i got pull over once, my bill is like $350 for a stupid fucking blue CORNER light......stupid cops.....they have way to much time to look at our lights, judging how fast were we going. and spend less time on protecting other people's life......:)

1SICKLEX
04-18-2007, 12:11 PM
yea i have seen those
they are roughly 150$

the color it projects will still be orange though right? it will just be that white color during the day when looking at it with no lighting
No, as I stated, you can put the bulbs you want in. I have Polarg M4s (might switch to PIAA LEDs) and they are clear as day, no orange.

Lucky DAWG
04-18-2007, 07:37 PM
No, as I stated, you can put the bulbs you want in. I have Polarg M4s (might switch to PIAA LEDs) and they are clear as day, no orange.

sick
and no one hassles you?

quickdodge®
04-18-2007, 07:40 PM
you can have any colors you want..as long as not BLUE!!! how i know?

You don't know shit. Shut up and read and learn. Later, QD.

Lucky DAWG
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
You don't know shit. Shut up and read and learn. Later, QD.

funny part is

i read that about an hour ago or so
and i knew someone like you, BTL, or someone would come in here and bust his balls :lmfao:

i was surprised you didn't mention the speeding part though QD

SixSquared
04-23-2007, 03:17 PM
They can give you a ticket for it!!!!!! I live in Jefferson GA. and the cops up there are crazy.. They just sit on the side of the road and wait for cars to come by modified.. I got a ticket for my hyperwhite.. $75 dollar.. I put the amber back in and went to court and fought it.. Only paid $25.00 because I told them that they should be out fighting crime not looking at little stuff like that.. So it depend where your at.. I lived in lawrenceville all my life and never had a problem until now. I just go all stock with the lights now... I'm gonna get some HID and I hope they don't pull me over for that.. I want the 10K blue and I'll just have to tell them, it comes in Porshe, Volvo, etc... Don't pick on me because I have a civic.. But seriously I'll check with the county first before I buy because if they want to - they will make up a law to give you a ticket!!!

That's because Jefferson is the shithole armpit of the state. I know. I grew up there. Luckily all the cops know my dad, so I got out of things like 102 in a 45, and 90% of the time when I got pulled over it was the cop had something for my dad or had a question to ask my dad. The other 10% was "Emily... what the hell are we gonna do with you?"

Total_Blender
04-23-2007, 05:05 PM
1.) Blue lights are the suck unless you are at K-mart. Every time I see a blue light I think its the cops, and with good reason, because thats what a flashing blue light means. I really fucking hate those blue lighted washer nozzles and I want to take a baseball bat to every set of them I see on the road, and the owners who would put those things on their cars. They're playing with my emotions.

2.) Having clear front blinkers is not good because someone might just think you are flashing your lights at them and pull out in front of you. also at night when they are looking at the front of your car they might not see it flash if its close to your headlight. Clear lenses with an amber buld is OK, but all clear is asking for it.

3.) You have to have red for your brakelights because red always means brake lights. and you better be sure people can see it too. I want to take my baseball bat to every set of altezza taillights ever made. Why spend all that money building a ricer, put shitty lights on it and then have somebody rear-end you because they can't see your brake lights? Makes no sense to me.

And lastly, the lights on a car are basically road signs if you think about it. The red brake lights are like a stop sign or a red light. The amber turn signals are like a yellow caution light. When you mess with the colors you are sending the wrong messages to other drivers.

quickdodge®
04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
^^^ I like this guy for his level-headedness. Later, QD.

Killer
04-23-2007, 05:13 PM
i know that i got pulled over when my tails where out one night..

and i didn't get a ticket but the cop told me he could give me one for my reverse lights being blue or purple or whatever color they were.. (i had just bought the car and somone had diff color bulbs in them.. i immediately changed them btw)