PDA

View Full Version : Misc Pink Floyd Fans....I NEED HELP!!

vjizzle
04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I need some information on the normal pop music compared to the music pink floyd was producing when they started. This term paper sucks. Anyone got any sites that compares the two? THANKS

koukis14
04-17-2007, 09:18 PM
???

Nittanys1
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
sounds like you should have picked a better topic :D

koukis14
04-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Sounds like you need to desribe the topic of the paper better cause I have no fucking clue what the hell you have to do.

quickdodgeŽ
04-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I need some information on the normal pop music compared to the music pink floyd was producing when they started. This term paper sucks. Anyone got any sites that compares the two? THANKS

This is going to be the easiest term paper that I've written for someone to go and get an "A" for:

Back in the late 1960's, throughout the 1970's and into the 1980's Pink Floyd continued to make music that was appealing to the ears and easy to listen to. Real music is what played throughout the world in those times. Today's "hit" music sucks.

Turn that shit for an easy "A." Later, QD.

koukis14
04-17-2007, 09:37 PM
This is going to be the easiest term paper that I've written for someone to go and get an "A" for:

Back in the late 1960's, throughout the 1970's and into the 1980's Pink Floyd continued to make music that was appealing to the ears and easy to listen to. Real music is what played throughout the world in those times. Today's hit "music" sucks.

Let me fix that for ya.

quickdodgeŽ
04-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Let me fix that for ya.

I see your point, BUT, it is still, technically, music, that's why emphasized the word hit. Later, QD.

koukis14
04-17-2007, 09:55 PM
But the brainwashed masses make it a hit by spending money on it. I really have a HUGE grudge with the "music" industry. Gone are the days when artists were worshipped (Vaughan, Clapton, Bonham, Elton John, Page, Plant, Morrison) I could go on for ever.

Now the morons of todays youth listen to who they are told to listen to. People are making millions, hundreds of millions in some cases. For looking good and being in the right place at the right time. IMTV came along and reinvented the way we interact with music....then they ruined it. Now MTV has nothing to do with music, it should be the "My dads rich and bought me a relaity show" channel.

So they came up with MTV2, it started out with just music videos. Now it is just as bad as MTV1. I think there is another one coming out for just music. But its going to be crammed with pretty people lip sinking.

Kind of Ironic, talentless fucks like Britney Spears, Averil Lavigne, Jessica and Ashley Simpson all put thier hands on a cock and moved thier mouth to get paid for putting thier hands on a microphone and moving thier lips.

BuBBa DRiFT
04-18-2007, 12:28 AM
But the brainwashed masses make it a hit by spending money on it. I really have a HUGE grudge with the "music" industry. Gone are the days when artists were worshipped (Vaughan, Clapton, Bonham, Elton John, Page, Plant, Morrison) I could go on for ever.

Now the morons of todays youth listen to who they are told to listen to. People are making millions, hundreds of millions in some cases. For looking good and being in the right place at the right time. IMTV came along and reinvented the way we interact with music....then they ruined it. Now MTV has nothing to do with music, it should be the "My dads rich and bought me a relaity show" channel.

So they came up with MTV2, it started out with just music videos. Now it is just as bad as MTV1. I think there is another one coming out for just music. But its going to be crammed with pretty people lip sinking.

Kind of Ironic, talentless fucks like Britney Spears, Averil Lavigne, Jessica and Ashley Simpson all put thier hands on a cock and moved thier mouth to get paid for putting thier hands on a microphone and moving thier lips.

QFT

Indie Music FTW

dtmcnamara
04-18-2007, 05:30 AM

Back in the late 1960's, throughout the 1970's and into the 1980's Pink Floyd continued to make music that was appealing to the ears and easy to listen to. Real music is what played throughout the world in those times. Today's "hit" music sucks.

I know this. But I need some sort of documentable information that I can reference too. My term paper is about the use of words Pink Floyd uses in their songs. I just need to compare the music Pink and other artists did back when they started, aka the 60's and 70's.

THANKS

koukis14
04-18-2007, 09:06 AM
I know this. But I need some sort of documentable information that I can reference too. My term paper is about the use of words Pink Floyd uses in their songs. I just need to compare the music Pink and other artists did back when they started, aka the 60's and 70's.

THANKS

Its about drugs and revolting against authority....but its tastefull.

koukis14
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Go listen to a bunch of 6-s and 7-s music from here and England....you do realize Pink Floyd is British? So compare them to other British bands, like The Stones, Moody Blues...ect. When Dark Side Of The Moon came out it was like nothing anyone had ever heard. With the use of synthesizers, and backround vocals, people just could not stop listening to it. Just listen to a bunch of music from back then and study the lyrics.

BuBBa DRiFT
04-18-2007, 09:49 AM
in my psychology class, we watched the wizard of oz, and listened to Dark Side of the Moon, that shit is creepy how they tie in together. I believe the second or third song when he cackles, thats when you see the witch in the tornado. And run rabbit, into that hole, is when her family is running to the shelter.

dtmcnamara
04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
i do know they are from europe. I have a 6 pages already on the history of each band member and the start of their band i am now on the part where I need to explain why Pink Floyd was a band of their time. I will see if I can find written proof, because I really dont want to have to analyze any other songs. In order to use my opinion on any song my teach wants an analysis on each....this paper is gay and is going to be 20+ pages, but at 40% of my grade, I guess I have to do it. At least I can do a topic that appeals to me

quickdodgeŽ
04-18-2007, 06:14 PM

THANKS

Quote QD. That's all it takes. Automatic "A" just for mentioning my name. Later, QD.

Evil Goat
04-18-2007, 08:16 PM
http://hctkko.simset.net/bonus/google.jpg

koukis14
04-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Drugs

THEONE
04-18-2007, 11:04 PM
pink floyd...wow... did they even have a hit in thier time? maybe they did even so. now thier music gets play and keeps growing. pink floyd FTW

240sxautox
04-20-2007, 02:26 AM
damn... a Pink Floyd thread.... I'm happy now.

now I have to go listen to them.

soul
04-21-2007, 12:25 PM
pink floyd...wow... did they even have a hit in thier time? maybe they did even so. now thier music gets play and keeps growing. pink floyd FTW
Wtf get out of here, PF destroyed the charts sales and fans. Greatest Band of all time, atleast in the top five in a spot, by every credible music magazine, artist, and anyone that can look at numbers and see what they did and the influences that there "music" made unlike any shit today

PF>Doors>Allman Bro.>rest

and i listen to all typed of music, but you cant deny one of the single most influential bands in the history of music.

quickdodgeŽ
04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Wtf get out of here, PF destroyed the charts sales and fans.

I meant to respond with the same answer and forgot. Later, QD.