PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods GSR&B16

fabulous
04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
i'm trying a combination of b18c head with a b16 block, just wondering if anyone tried this before? how does it run NA and how about with boost....???

sleepys4
04-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Its not a bad setup, i would have flipped the other way, it gives you a little more power if everything is stock. For boost it should be fine if you change the pistons and rods. Just my 2 cents hope it helps.

BlueHatch
04-17-2007, 06:35 PM
^^^listen to him i boosted my b16 and blew a ring. look hard enough and you will find upwards 25 people at least who have done the same thing. at least go with gsr pistons. i actually have an extra set if you want them. pm me

twinj
04-17-2007, 08:15 PM
B16 Pistons are not good for boost.

Supacharge
04-26-2007, 04:33 AM
just a question .... but arent b16 and gsr heads pretty much the same as far as flow goes??? for example, ls/vtec typically uses b16 head, right? why not a gsr head then? any input on that?

josh green
04-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Its not a bad setup, i would have flipped the other way, it gives you a little more power if everything is stock. For boost it should be fine if you change the pistons and rods. Just my 2 cents hope it helps.
This statement isnt exactly true. By changing a from the b16 head to a gsr head on the b16 you are raising the compression, the combustion chambers are smaller on the gsr head. As far as flow goes, stock for stock they are basically the same. It would be better for boost to put put the b16 head on the gsr motor, but really not worth it. People use either head for an ls/vtec. There is no one over the other, its basically what you can get, or your preference. A lot of people get the b16 heads b/c they are a little easier to get than a gsr and are cheaper.