PDA

View Full Version : Retail Auto Part Store Etiquette (rant)

dorin48
04-17-2007, 08:43 AM
no sooner do I type this rant,... I just got a company e-mail saying slanderous bla bla bla bla you will be in trouble bla bla so i had to delete it to cover my ass ><

Leadfoot_mf
04-17-2007, 09:10 AM
where do you work i have a bunch of rotors and batteries to through away.

Sol-Badguy
04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I just hate standing in line and seeing people do stupid shit at the parts store..

Hulud
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
dont be pissed cause you have a shitty paying job (autozone)

Echonova
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I hate knowing more than the guy behind the counter "helping me". (Not directed at you dorin).

Hulud
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I hate knowing more than the guy behind the counter "helping me". (Not directed at you dorin).
LOL

i hate that they dont speak english (not directed at dorin either)

Jecht
04-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Know what you need and what you drive. No, I do not have pistons for your 93 rx-7, anything for an 83 corvette, thermostat for your 66 corvair, lower radiator hose for your 67 beetle, or air filter for your 68 VW Transporter....jerk.

:lmao: :lmao:

Sol-Badguy
04-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I REALLY fucking hate when that happens.

I had a guy that didn't know what a rear main seal was..

RandomGuy
04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
E. We are out of stock on something. We have another store within 5 miles if you need it so badly, not to mention you get 10% off for having to go get it asshole. (we sold it, im sorry the truck cant come more than once a week)

^^^^ wtf when do yall do that... at alllll the stores dwon here, autozone, or advanced they're like no we dont got (this) in stock.... i ask can you check if another store has it.... they say no they cant, seriously, never once has a store checked inventory at another store for me. Is it possible? if so i'm going to drill their ass next time they say that shit

Oh yeah one thing that kinda pisses me off is when you fuckin call in, they'll pick up and then be like hold for a minute and they always fuckin forget you're on the line, you hang up and call back and they pick right up and help you. Shit happens OFTEN

dorin48
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM

I also despise this ^^^ so i make it a point to be educated about my field.

dorin48
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
E. We are out of stock on something. We have another store within 5 miles if you need it so badly, not to mention you get 10% off for having to go get it asshole. (we sold it, im sorry the truck cant come more than once a week)

^^^^ wtf when do yall do that... at alllll the stores dwon here, autozone, or advanced they're like no we dont got (this) in stock.... i ask can you check if another store has it.... they say no they cant, seriously, never once has a store checked inventory at another store for me. Is it possible? if so i'm going to drill their ass next time they say that shit

We have always done this ^^^ all it takes is a mouse click. I also call to verify that the part is indeed present.

dorin48
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
dont be pissed cause you have a shitty paying job (autozone)

Typically I would agree...but I am a manger so its more like borderline mediocre. Especially since I only work 25hrs a week but get paid for 40hrs. Getting hurt FTW.... i think.

Wurm
04-17-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL I went and picked up a cat for my 240 and the girl who pulled my stuff went and told the manager that i bought a cadillac convertor for my nissan hahahhaha

Elbow
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
damn lol

down_shift
04-17-2007, 12:45 PM
J. GET OFF YOUR FUCKING CELL PHONE IF YOU WANT MY HELP.

AMEN! don't expect service if you don't have the decency to hang up.

RandomGuy
04-17-2007, 01:02 PM
We have always done this ^^^ all it takes is a mouse click. I also call to verify that the part is indeed present.so all autozone's can do this?

dorin48
04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
so all autozone's can do this?

Every last one of em'

5spdfrk
04-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I agree with the cell phone thing, but if they dont get off the phone then I just start talking to them, asking them all sorts of questions in a little louder voice than normal conversation. Seems to really distract them enough to want to hang up...most of the time.

R3RUN
04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Lol, next time someone on their cell comes up to the counter ring up a whole bunch of shit so the total comes out to like 1200 bucks. I bet they hang up real quick after that.

Leadfoot_mf
04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Lol, next time someone on their cell comes up to the counter ring up a whole bunch of shit so the total comes out to like 1200 bucks. I bet they hang up real quick after that.
:lmfao: :lmfao: lirl no shit that would be great.