PDA

View Full Version : hole in gast tank!

james
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
I ran over something, it made a noise. I thought it was just something in my backseat or hatch. Turns out, my gasoline is leaking out of my tank. I can see the problem area when I lean over and look under the car.

Is there an epoxy or something that is made for gas tank repair that I can just spread on the tank or wherever its punctured and hopefully seal that bitch up? Its running down my driveway and smells horrid. I put a little catch can thing under there, but it doesn't really fit.

Any suggestions?

2000 Volkswagen GTI vr6.

speedminded
04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I ran over something, it made a noise. I thought it was just something in my backseat or hatch. Turns out, my gasoline is leaking out of my tank. I can see the problem area when I lean over and look under the car.

Is there an epoxy or something that is made for gas tank repair that I can just spread on the tank or wherever its punctured and hopefully seal that bitch up? Its running down my driveway and smells horrid. I put a little catch can thing under there, but it doesn't really fit.

Any suggestions?

2000 Volkswagen GTI vr6.Did ya try an auto parts store...?

Permatex® Instant Gas Tank Repair

http://www.caswellplating.com/permatex/images/perm12020.jpg

Instantly seals small holes in gas tanks without tank removal. Sticks to "gasoline-wet" metal. Dries to a hard seal. Hardens in 60 minutes. Easy-to-use, two-part epoxy ribbon. No measuring. Permanent.

Suggested Applications:
Gas tanks in cars, trucks, farm equipment

Z U L8R
04-18-2007, 07:16 AM
performance radiator sells gas tanks 770-984-0102

ninabl
04-23-2007, 05:50 PM
JB-weld it