PDA

View Full Version : LOL at Prius!

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 03:28 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: Can't pass fucking emissions. PWNT! BTW the guy in the video is pretty :gay:

Prius Fails emissions (opens with windows media) (http://dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/video/tech/2007/04/15/strickland.ga.prius.failed.emission.wsb/video.ws.asx?NGUserID=aa57098-26534-11713)

Evil Goat
04-16-2007, 03:45 PM
well...thats what you get for buying a fag mobile...fuck the environment, global warming is a hoax anyway

Matt300ZXT
04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
I can't remember where I read it, but the Prius is actually more dangerous for the environment than a Hummer. Because the manufacturing processes in making a Prius, it's more dangerous to produce 1 than a Hummer that's been on the road for 3 years. The plant in Canada where the Prius's batterires are made is so harmful to the environment, I think it was actually labeled a no fly zone, and Nasa tests moon rovers there because it's so barren. Fuck Prius's and fag cars, get a CRX HF if you want to save fuel costs, they're way cheaper anyway.

R3RUN
04-16-2007, 04:06 PM
lol

phongt12
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
i saw it on the news there's a new mpg test for cars now that show "realistic" driving conditions. the prius had like 48 mpg on the highway instead of 60....yeah, no thanks.

Evil Goat
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
i saw it on the news there's a new mpg test for cars now that show "realistic" driving conditions. the prius had like 48 mpg on the highway instead of 60....yeah, no thanks.

this is true, they, including the insight, were all overrated.....right after most of the come out alot of the customers complained that they werent getting the mpg that was advertised and would average anywhere from 15-20mpg lower on both highway and city....fuck hybrids

VooDooXII
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Volkswagen Golf TDi FTW...I get 38 mpg in normal driving. The window sticker says 35 or something city and 48 highway.

Jecht
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
You guys don't know what your talking about. The reason it won't pass in this case is because of the way the motor and engine work together... the engine turns on and off and the electric motor powers it while its off which means no emissions at the time and thus they fail the test. Its not a problem with the car but rather with the test itself. The batteries in the Prius are no more dangerous or environmentally harmful than laptop batteries. I can also explain why the owners get such lower MPG ratings - they drive the car hard. They also don't pulse drive (letting off the gas to the point where the engine shuts off so that it uses the electric motor to keep speed constant).

VooDooXII
04-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Normal people never drive for mileage.

I love the TDi for that though...if I don't drive for maximum tank range, I still get great mileage. If I really feather-foot it...I can do 600 miles on a tank.

1SICKLEX
04-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Sigh...kids....
The Prius is fine, cleaner than you all eating Taco Bell.

It's GA's outdated law and equipment that is the problem.

Did anyone READ the article? lol

Frög
04-17-2007, 12:58 AM
lol that guy is so flaming.. no wonder he loves that car.. haha

Mike Lowrey
04-17-2007, 06:56 AM
You guys don't know what your talking about. The reason it won't pass in this case is because of the way the motor and engine work together... the engine turns on and off and the electric motor powers it while its off which means no emissions at the time and thus they fail the test. Its not a problem with the car but rather with the test itself. The batteries in the Prius are no more dangerous or environmentally harmful than laptop batteries. I can also explain why the owners get such lower MPG ratings - they drive the car hard. They also don't pulse drive (letting off the gas to the point where the engine shuts off so that it uses the electric motor to keep speed constant).

QFT

dorin48
04-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Well am I the only person wondering why they were running that type of emissions test in the first place? I guess there are different standards in other counties but in Cherokee that thing would pass no problem. (Unless the testing measures have changed in the past year and a half.) OBD II vehicles only need to pass the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) Command Test and the Gas Cap pressure test. I did emissions for a while and anything 96+ was not run on a dyno or with the tail pipe sniffer.

Extrememustang
04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
They also had a big recall on their drive shaft breaking

civic95
04-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd rather spend the extra $300-$400 a yr on gas, and drive something I like.

Jecht
04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd rather spend the extra $300-$400 a yr on gas, and drive something I like.

You don't just save the money on gas. Your insurance should be cheaper with a hybrid or alternative energy car. Everyone is going to have to get used to hybrids and electric cars because the way the emissions control is going now everyone is going to be driving one in within the next decade or so.

slowredteg
04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
fuck that. they might be the typical car of the future but you wont catch me dead driving a hybrid car.

phongt12
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM

the reason the mpg is lower is because they are starting to change the way mileage is measured. they used to simulate driving at 55 mph, but now it is 65 mph realistically on the highway. also, they take into account more conditions such as stop-and-go traffic and overtaking vehicles. every car now has lower mpg, but the prius and other hybrids were affected more by the new testing methods than other cars. i can't find the website that shows actual mpg right now, but i'll try to google it for everybody.

IDCoconut
04-18-2007, 01:18 PM
fuck that. they might be the typical car of the future but you wont catch me dead driving a hybrid car.

Dead people can't drive :screwy:

slowredteg
04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Dead people can't drive :screwy:

true that but you know what i mean. i think the whole hybrid craze is a little ridiculous. the majority of the cars being currently manufactured get hwy milage over 30 and city thats damn close to it unless its a muscle car or bigass SUV and as far as emissions goes, more and more cars are getting the LEV(Low emission vehicle) or ULEV(ultra low emission vehicle) recognition. hybrids are overrated.

Jecht
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
true that but you know what i mean. i think the whole hybrid craze is a little ridiculous. the majority of the cars being currently manufactured get hwy milage over 30 and city thats damn close to it unless its a muscle car or bigass SUV and as far as emissions goes, more and more cars are getting the LEV(Low emission vehicle) or ULEV(ultra low emission vehicle) recognition. hybrids are overrated.

It doesn't matter if you guys don't like hybrids or electric cars. You WILL have one eventually or you won't be able to drive because the cost of fossil fuels is going to astronomical.
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/10/02/global.warming/
BTW the link says global warming, but it is pointing out the fact that there isn't a lot of oil and gas left and that prices will skyrocket in the next decade. Ever wonder why old people are fussy about younger people? Its because we are different than they are. People are naturally afraid of change, thats why you get people that say "fuck hybrids" or that electric cars will never become mainstream.

Kyle
04-19-2007, 01:43 PM
It doesn't matter if you guys don't like hybrids or electric cars. You WILL have one eventually or you won't be able to drive because the cost of fossil fuels is going to astronomical.
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/10/02/global.warming/
BTW the link says global warming, but it is pointing out the fact that there isn't a lot of oil and gas left and that prices will skyrocket in the next decade. Ever wonder why old people are fussy about younger people? Its because we are different than they are. People are naturally afraid of change, thats why you get people that say "fuck hybrids" or that electric cars will never become mainstream.
Its possible that we will get them, but for now screw that. The technology is not good enough yet.

Also people make projections about natural gases running out all the time. The thing is its all based on current consumption rates, supply, etc. But that all changes over time. And its unlikely that these projections are correct. It keeps changing.

Also you are one of the lamest kids posting on IA. :goodjob:

Jecht
04-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Its possible that we will get them, but for now screw that. The technology is not good enough yet.

Also people make projections about natural gases running out all the time. The thing is its all based on current consumption rates, supply, etc. But that all changes over time. And its unlikely that these projections are correct. It keeps changing.

Also you are one of the lamest kids posting on IA. :goodjob:
Fuck you

R3RUN
04-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Lol. Look, we are not anywhere close to running out of fossil fuels yet. OPEC and all the oil companies are saying we are so that they can jack up prices. Look at how much money they make a year but they "can barely get by" if they charged us $2 a gallon instead of $3 a gallon. Its all bullshit.

Jecht
04-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Lol. Look, we are not anywhere close to running out of fossil fuels yet. OPEC and all the oil companies are saying we are so that they can jack up prices. Look at how much money they make a year but they "can barely get by" if they charged us $2 a gallon instead of $3 a gallon. Its all bullshit.

If you were an owner of one of those oil companies, would you be willing to lose that much money just because it would save people some on gas? I know I wouldn't even though I care about the environment.