PDA

View Full Version : Not producing boost

RandomGuy
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM
I just dropped my stockish turbo

so anyhow i dropped that on, took it for a spin, car was 0 boosting it, i heard the turbo spin (kind of) but felt 0 boost... So i figure the wastegate (tial 38mm, 7psi spring) was sticking open or something... at idle its shut, so i figured it opened early, my boy annihilation said something about the spring rate in them makes them open at 3.5psi sometimes under quick spool.. so i took off the line to the wastegat and figured whatever lol... so I run it down the road, hear the turbo spin louder now (but not spooling)... felt zero boost still...

SO i figured its a crazy boost leak... checked all the plumbing its perfect.. wonder wtf it could be.... Lol i'm sure you guys will recommend the same shit that we've done, but its worth a shot. I'm hooking the boost gauge up tomorrow to see if its really producing 0 boost..

so quick notes:
- we put sealant on the backplate/compressor housing and bolted it up pretty tight
-no plumbing boost leaks (thus far)... even with a minor leak it would still spool a little, it seems as if its not even compressing air at all.
-WG seems operational (after i unplugged the line to the WG, turbo spun louder)
- Turbo has no shaft play, not burning oil, spins freely
- exhaust manifold has no leaks,
-i'm running a straight pipe to TB now, so no intercooler) all piping is visible from top

so based on that wonder what it could be... pretty wierd but hey

i'm going to put the boost gauge on and see if its actually boosting 0, maybe it MIGHT be boosting ~3 bc the car didnt run like ass after 3500
but it felt the same after i closed the WG, so who knows

thanks alot guys

Stormhammer
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Hasan... what injection setup are you running?

The Green Monster
04-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Starion FTL haha :-P

Unless it's MPI FTW

RandomGuy
04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Hasan... what injection setup are you running?bone stock

MulattoBoi
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I had the same problem before when it blows off does it sound really weird. My charge pipe came completely off. Thats what my problem was. And when it would blow off it would make like a purring noise.

RandomGuy
04-15-2007, 11:35 PM
I had the same problem before when it blows off does it sound really weird. My charge pipe came completely off. Thats what my problem was. And when it would blow off it would make like a purring noise. my bov wont blow off at all any more (well audibly)

something is keeping it from producing compression, i sure hope its some sort of rare, strange boost leak, but hrm as bad as it could be i would still hear some sort of compression even if minimal, not just the wheel spinning. Its just bizzarre

http://www.g54b.com/dev/DSC00207.JPG

Z U L8R
04-16-2007, 05:03 PM
ur turbo's scared of the TRU-n3ss!!!@#!@#!@@#!@# muwahhahahahahahahhahaha. come over i help you fix it ^_^

Z U L8R
04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
you know damn right!!! @_@, you need to take the slack out of your wastegate actuator adjusting arm, your flap is not closed all the way it sounds like, take that little E clip off the wastegate elbow, pop off the actuator rod, and shorten the rod, aiiiight. your car's just afraid to run right cause it knows the Z's looking for it, muwhhahahahahha ^.-

Annihilation
04-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Your FluxCapacitor is broken....contact RadioShack...Item # 101101

Ltdnismorace
04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Your FluxCapacitor is broken....contact RadioShack...Item # 101101

I agree with him, he knows his shit

Wurm
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
you must not have the appropriate stickers

Kyle
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Just dont worry about it and change your name to boostless.

Maniaç
04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
check all of your hoses and make sure everything is working perfectly.

Annihilation
04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
HAHA Fluxcapacitor fixed....he's ready to go... damn cheap header gaskets

imbosile
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Just dont worry about it and change your name to boostless.

hey fagtron, youre supposed to be studying. :goodjob:

ChefJ
04-18-2007, 07:44 PM
You may want to have the turbo checked.

Frög
04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
boost is over-rated... its all about the Vtec!