PDA

View Full Version : Random Who says mustangs cant drift??

arcticman37
04-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Doing a couple circles around a sewer access hole:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022821551

Tires afterwards :)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022826077

BuBBa DRiFT
04-15-2007, 08:47 PM
i know mustangs can drift, one of the best in the world drives a mustang.

/thread

BuBBa DRiFT
04-15-2007, 08:49 PM
nice cobra btw :D

arcticman37
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM
i know mustangs can drift, one of the best in the world drives a mustang.

/thread Yea I know falken drift team....its got just a little bit different setup than mine though. Just thought that I'd post something a little different.

arcticman37
04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
nice cobra btw :D Thanks man

man
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
nice cobra btw :D

That's not a cobra...

Hundo®
04-16-2007, 10:26 AM
that's doing donuts, not drifting. it's not "different" it's redneck, and every retard with a mustang does that. That video was a waste of my time and a waste of host space.

SLOWR/T
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
its just a GT w/ cobra wheels

IDCoconut
04-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Ghey

Ruststang
04-16-2007, 11:03 AM
that's doing donuts, not drifting. it's not "different" it's redneck, and every retard with a mustang does that. That video was a waste of my time and a waste of host space.

Sorry that was drifting not very advanced or hard drifting but drifting it was. Oh and who pissed in your cereal this morning? :screwy:

Greddypacked
04-16-2007, 11:10 AM
That's really not considered drifting, that was more of a donut going a lil sideways. Good way to waste around 400$ on tires though.

Hundo®
04-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Sorry that was drifting not very advanced or hard drifting but drifting it was. Oh and who pissed in your cereal this morning? :screwy:

donuts.

no one, i just hate when everyone thinks they can drift while doing donuts and post a video of it.

arcticman37
04-16-2007, 12:59 PM
donuts.

no one, i just hate when everyone thinks they can drift while doing donuts and post a video of it. Sorry MR. Yasuyuki Kazama Pro drifter that everything was not up to your standards but you dont have to be an ass wipe about it. Oh yea nice car btw

arcticman37
04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
oh yea since it was a waste of your time please dont reply :)

LightningSpeed
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
MUSTANGS SUCK, and this is IMPORTatlanta.com, i think all you DOMESTIC car owners need to get off of our IMPORT NUTZ. Thank You

Hundo®
04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
no disrepsect to you, but, it wasn't DRIFTING! next time label it "me doing donuts" so i dont come in expecting something cool and be dissapointed.

snakebite
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
damn...someone needs to let go of your import nuts id like to see you do better

JustNoBody
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
no disrepsect to you, but, it wasn't DRIFTING! next time label it "me doing donuts" so i dont come in expecting something cool and be dissapointed.

Better than your ghey ass American Gladiators vid. You posted!!!!!!

JustNoBody
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
MUSTANGS SUCK, and this is IMPORTatlanta.com, i think all you DOMESTIC car owners need to get off of our IMPORT NUTZ. Thank You
If all the domestics left you wouldn't have anyone to look up too!:lmfao:

RB25DET240sx
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
the title for the smoking tires should be steaming tires to be correct. since its wet out and not dry pavement. just to let ya know. good looking mustang though.

BuBBa DRiFT
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
how about this

to be politically correct, that was a Rear Wheel Drive Exhibition.

FoolsDrifFWD
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry MR. Yasuyuki Kazama Pro drifter that everything was not up to your standards but you dont have to be an ass wipe about it. Oh yea nice car btw

LOL:lmfao:

arcticman37
04-16-2007, 09:10 PM
the title for the smoking tires should be steaming tires to be correct. since its wet out and not dry pavement. just to let ya know. good looking mustang though. thanks man it looks like you have a pretty nice setup up too.:goodjob: I've always liked 240's

arcticman37
04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
how about this

to be politically correct, that was a Rear Wheel Drive Exhibition.

Point taken, actually it sounds more intellectual:D than DRIFT......I like it:D

arcticman37
04-16-2007, 09:15 PM
no disrepsect to you, but, it wasn't DRIFTING! next time label it "me doing donuts" so i dont come in expecting something cool and be dissapointed. Ok thanks for the input, is that all??

ubers2k
04-17-2007, 12:28 AM
you mean to tell me you have never heard of the term "drift circles"?

I've been to my share of drift comps and that term is used ALOT...

Frög
04-17-2007, 12:41 AM
i wanted to see you slide around turns, and shit.. not in a circle.. nice donuts tho..

S II K
04-17-2007, 03:48 AM
nothing wrong with mustangs. yeah it pisses me off when they all show up at car meets and start reving and shit cuz they all sound EXACTLY the same. but hey nothing wrong with them ha nice donuts

GA drifter
04-17-2007, 07:39 AM
ya i'm pretty sure a drift is considered a controled slide even though it was a mustang he was holding it sideways with "control" the key word... because i was there in my S-13 coupe,just because he cant close it in as close as it would be if he had LSD, plus he was kickin ass to have posi trac, and just for the record if it was donuts he wouldjust be piviting in one spot in a circle.

GA drifter
04-17-2007, 07:43 AM
oww thats awsome now we have the front wheel drive car critcizing a drift... i mean i now you probably have better drift videos...

GA drifter
04-17-2007, 07:48 AM
look you have your drifters... then you have your guys or girls that when then question pops up,"nice car man do you drft it", oww ya i drift! but when it comes down to it there all show and and no go. now before you jump on anyones case ask your self that question...

GA drifter
04-17-2007, 08:11 AM
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldnt you just reither take the buchers word for it"

GA drifter
04-17-2007, 08:28 AM
ya we all went out this weekend and played in the rain,saved tires, about 5 or 6 deep it was me in my 92' S-13,three other 240, third gen RX-7, and a R33.so i guess until the cops showed up then we moved on to the other side of town then my buddy got pulled over twice on the same road but my crispy cream buddies were being nice and let him go with a warning...theres nothin like being sideways looking up and seeing a R33 and a Rx-7 sideways around the same turn. oww and for the info there were two stangs there before we left to go hit the interstate, ya the one some of ya'll are bashing so just because he couldn't do a solid drift for posi trac he was doing ok.

Doppelgänger
04-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, you displayed the basic controls of a car between steering input and throttle control, so thats a start. I wouldn't say its 'drifting', but its not cutting donuts either. I have seen cars with fancy 'drift' suspensions and SR swapped to the hilt cars that can't even do that. So i give a +1 to showing you're taking controlling the steering and throttle inputs to make the car do what you want rather then being a 'typical domestic' and just puching the gas pedal to the floor and holding the steering wheel in one place and expecting the car to magically drift.

Prove you can transition from one slide to another cleanly, and you'll be drifting.
Like this....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4726993677804111495&q=miata+drift

GA drifter
04-17-2007, 08:40 AM
thats right finallysomeone isnt bashing for no reason. i totally agree you got to start somewere. but i was there in 240 to witness that he wasn't just doin donuts. and if i would have had any tires left from the day before i would have played to. we should definately get everyone together some time just to kick it or to mabye have some fun or something, ya i seen your car at the varsity for the april meet looking forward to may meet.

Glides
04-17-2007, 09:16 AM
you mean to tell me you have never heard of the term "drift circles"?

I've been to my share of drift comps and that term is used ALOT...

Doing donuts and a Drift circle is not really alike. A proper Drift circle has a raised center that throws you and the car off balance. It is used so that you can practice changes in the elevation in a very small area. A Donut is...well...a donut. The only thing that is the same is you going in a circle. Other than that they are different.

You want to see a Mustang Drift, check out www.dvanz.com (http://www.dvanz.com). That guy can slide a Mustang and his Mustang is exceptionally well built. Qualified 12th at Long Beach a couple weeks ago and drove out there on his dime. He is the perfect example of a privateer.

Frög
04-17-2007, 10:33 AM
oww thats awsome now we have the front wheel drive car critcizing a drift... i mean i now you probably have better drift videos...

ya.. did i say i fucking drift my FWD car you stupid shit? i drift rwd cars, like my dads BMW and some of my firends rides.. when i drift, i do drift.. and i also go do donuts in my dad's bmw that looks the exact fucking same as your "drift video" lol fucking NOOB..

Sol-Badguy
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Well, you displayed the basic controls of a car between steering input and throttle control, so thats a start. I wouldn't say its 'drifting', but its not cutting donuts either. I have seen cars with fancy 'drift' suspensions and SR swapped to the hilt cars that can't even do that. So i give a +1 to showing you're taking controlling the steering and throttle inputs to make the car do what you want rather then being a 'typical domestic' and just puching the gas pedal to the floor and holding the steering wheel in one place and expecting the car to magically drift.

Prove you can transition from one slide to another cleanly, and you'll be drifting.
Like this....
Damn, he tossed the HELL out of that car!! +1!

Doppelgänger
04-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Damn, he tossed the HELL out of that car!! +1!
that was MY car waaaaay back in the day ;)

arcticman37
04-17-2007, 12:53 PM

Like this....

+1 nice drving man:goodjob:

Sport1.3
04-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Like Mike said thats not technically drifting, nor is it a donut, which is just spinning the car around in a circle. He was simply displaying basic car control or what auto manufacturers have tested for decades, known as a skip pad test. Mustangs have been performing skid pad tests since their inception and have always done quite well, so this is nothing new to mustangs or domestics in general for that matter. Still you did very well in keeping control of the car, +1!! :goodjob: