twinj
04-15-2007, 05:56 PM
5spd MT,4spd AT. I believe

Da_unknown
04-15-2007, 06:08 PM
some were also 4sp mt... cant remeber the years

jmmx258
04-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I foun dan 89 Civic hatch at a bone yard one time with a 4 speed mt. Don't know anything else about them. I guess I'm not to EF Savvy right now lol

thepolecat
04-15-2007, 08:35 PM
all the ef's i had were 5sp mt- i havent seen a 4 speed- i will assume those were the fist ones. at the bone yard did you check on the inner door for a year?

Formally...
04-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I think the only EF's with the 4spd was the STD "standard" and it was a hatch. The STD was the model below the DX. Same as DX in unpainted bumpers, Dual point motors, etc. Came with viynl seats and no passenger rear view mirror. Here is a little break down that I can think of off the top of my head.

STD - Dual point D15, 4spd manual, no painted bumpers, no pass. mirror, only Hatchbacks

DX - Dual point D15, 5spd manual, 4spd auto, no painted bumpers, no power options, HB, 4dr, and CRX

LX - dual point D15, I think only autos, painted bumpers, Power windows and Door locks, no CRX, Power steering on 4dr only

EX - multipoint D16, 5 speed, power everything, 4drs only

SI - multipoint D16, 5 speed, no power options, Sunroof, HB and CRX only.

I may be wrong on some of this but this is what I have learned since in the last year I had a STD and still own a LX 4dr and SI HB.

corey30349
04-16-2007, 05:29 AM
I think the only EF's with the 4spd was the STD "standard" and it was a hatch. The STD was the model below the DX. Same as DX in unpainted bumpers, Dual point motors, etc. Came with viynl seats and no passenger rear view mirror. Here is a little break down that I can think of off the top of my head.

STD - Dual point D15, 4spd manual, no painted bumpers, no pass. mirror, only Hatchbacks

DX - Dual point D15, 5spd manual, 4spd auto, no painted bumpers, no power options, HB, 4dr, and CRX

LX - dual point D15, I think only autos, painted bumpers, Power windows and Door locks, no CRX, Power steering on 4dr only

I may be wrong on some of this but this is what I have learned since in the last year I had a STD and still own a LX 4dr and SI HB.

ive seen alot of efs where some say 4spd and some say 5spd but one i found had colored bumper and side moldings it was a 5spd goin up and one reverse but it didnt have a sunroof and others are 4spd up and one reverse

corey30349
04-16-2007, 06:32 PM
bump

BTLFED
04-16-2007, 06:46 PM

What Charles is saying here is true. No CRX ever came with a 4Spd stick. Only the STD Civic hatch did.

twinj
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Go to cars.com and then go to research. If you are still interested.

BTLFED
04-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Or just listen to me because I am one of, if not the, most knowledgeable on this site when it comes to EFs.

corey30349
04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
ok thas cool just wondering

bigdare23
04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Or just listen to me because I am one of, if not the, most knowledgeable on this site when it comes to EFs.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: (if you rule out me) :goodjob: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

(prepare for -10000 reps)

BTLFED
04-17-2007, 05:17 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: (if you rule out me) :goodjob: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

(prepare for -10000 reps)

Come on now, you know you don't want to go toe to toe with me on EF knowledge. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Keep a close eye on your reps. :ninja:

bigdare23
04-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Come on now, you know you don't want to go toe to toe with me on EF knowledge. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Keep a close eye on your reps. :ninja:

:cry:

preferredduck
04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
my hatch in my sig is a 91 4sp mt

preferredduck
04-22-2007, 12:50 PM

also comes in at a whopping 70 hp!!!!

jmmx258
04-22-2007, 02:09 PM
all the ef's i had were 5sp mt- i havent seen a 4 speed- i will assume those were the fist ones. at the bone yard did you check on the inner door for a year?
Nope. I was in a rush. My dad at the time picked up this probe for 200 bucks he was using for work while his pick up was down. It needed a radiator, and they were closing. Didn't even think about looking for the year. lol

gokblok
04-23-2007, 03:00 AM
I've gotta 88 STD hatch--YAY YAY

4spd mt

longest damn gears ever
38-40 mpg

hAyll yeah

except it's broke right now.

Shiiiiit.