PDA

View Full Version : 280zx question

429bigblock
04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
ok so what does everyone think about um, thinkin on buyin one but i dont wanna get over my head. i know they have some torque so they would slide pretty well, does anyone have a reason for someone to not get this on a limited budget? another thing how is the suspension on it, how well would it do stock at sliding? thx for the help everyone

Cool Cat Racing
04-15-2007, 01:24 PM
The rear end is a POS and the suspension isn't all that great. Most of the ones you'll find will either be rust buckets or be expensive as there aren't much left in between. In my opinion after dealing with many of them I wouldn't recommend one to anyone trying to drift it. You can do some nice things with one but its not cheap. Your better to get a 240Z or 260Z since they're lighter.

429bigblock
04-15-2007, 01:51 PM
ya your most likley right, anyone else?

Z U L8R
04-17-2007, 10:24 AM
yes, the zx is better for drifting, cause you'll have power steering which definately makes it a shit ton easier, Z's don't have p/s. there's nothing wrong with the r200 rear ends, your zx should have a 3.7 open diff, where as the 280'z have r200's with a 3.5, which is pretty tall (meant for top end), the 240 & 260's have r180's which those are weak, and in order to put in an r200 you'd need a 280's mustache bar. check out this mustache bar http://www.arizonazcar.com/brakes.html muwhahaa that shit's sick. not to mention the zx has 4 wheel disc factory, and the Z's have drum'd rears (not saying you can't upgrade em $$$). generalizing the 2 cars, the zx's probably will have less rust being that they're not as old, so acquiring a decent one may not be as hard/expensive. aside from using a z31 300zx's limited slip, for a nismo 2 way you're looking at $1300-1800 bucks. all in all, for YOU, i'd say go with the ZX. as for me, i just prefer my Z because of the looks, the car's not as long. but i've seen many bad ass zx's. if you're serious about getting one, send me a private message with your contact info.

Bruce Leroy
04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
you know how I feel about that car.

Z U L8R
04-17-2007, 02:41 PM
no....how DO you feel? lol

Bruce Leroy
04-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I feel that it would be a waste for him to buy this particular car that he is talking about.

Crappy interior, 1 seat, and rust.

Z U L8R
04-17-2007, 10:45 PM
o....=]

a good friend you are sir :)

i remember back when the mustang guy's would ask, "is that 240 turbo?" yeah, "what motor's in it" an sr20, "sr20..D.E.T.?" yeah, "sweet, what stage turbo you got on that thing"...ughh...lol...a t28 *light turned green. then everyone and there mom got a 240sx, so i wanted something rare, lightweight, rear wheel drive, looked cool, and had a lot of engine possibilities. the same day i sold my sr'd s13, i bought the Z with the cash from the sale from one of the guys that came by to look at the s13. i've had it now for 3 years. i love it cause the only other people i see with these cars are old ass men muwhahahaha and we all smile and nod at each other, it's kind of like the commoradity you get when you're on a motorcycle and you get the peace sign from the motorcyclist coming the opposite direction as you. plus you can't beat the emissions exemption muwhahaha.

anywho, if the car's shitty as nick says then ya don't get it. if you're still stuck on getting something similar shoot me a message, i know who to talk to.