BaHumBugg
04-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Just wondering what was the best way to do this, thanks

Ltdnismorace
04-14-2007, 07:52 PM
windex with ammonia, has to have ammonia though

speedminded
04-14-2007, 08:05 PM
"tintoff" is available at wal-mart, parts stores, etc...even "goo-gone" will work. Spray or wipe it on then press saran wrap up against it so it won't evaporate...let it sit for an hour so it can be absorbed then peel off the tint.

Ammonia doesn't do much to the adhesive but does a fine job turning the tint purple. For windows with defroster lines i'd suggest a steamer :2cents:

Ltdnismorace
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
"tintoff" is available at wal-mart, parts stores, etc...even "goo-gone" will work. Spray or wipe it on then press saran wrap up against it so it won't evaporate...let it sit for an hour so it can be absorbed then peel off the tint.

Ammonia doesn't do much to the adhesive but does a fine job turning the tint purple. For windows with defroster lines i'd suggest a steamer :2cents:

worked fine on my tint that I didn't mean to take off on my old car HAHA

addandrew
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Yup, Goo-Gone works the best. I used it when taking off my tints off my accord, worked like a charm.

Bishop
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
i used to heat gun to start it off then it would just pull right off. This was on my hatch and my defrosters are fine.

an0therh22
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
goo-gone, windex, and patience. goodluck buddy

BaHumBugg
04-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I really appricate it alot fellas, I will try these