PDA

View Full Version : new civic

hockeysam555
04-13-2007, 10:04 PM
I just got a 97 civic ex 4 door
not exactly what i was looking for in terms of sportyness but its reliable
I want to do a few inexpensive mods but nothing big as i dont want to act like im cool just for having a civic
Anyway its black and as far as looks go i was considering black rims but thats expensive and id rather go for performance first.
It has a B16 w/ a 5 spd tranny
any ideas?
thanks

twinj
04-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Pics would help

hockeysam555
04-14-2007, 12:29 AM
ok i will get some up tomorrow

speedminded
04-14-2007, 06:17 AM
I just got a 97 civic ex 4 door
not exactly what i was looking for in terms of sportyness but its reliable
I want to do a few inexpensive mods but nothing big as i dont want to act like im cool just for having a civic
Anyway its black and as far as looks go i was considering black rims but thats expensive and id rather go for performance first.
It has a B16 w/ a 5 spd tranny
any ideas?
thanksB16a2?

What's the purpose of the car? Daily driver assuming, will it be taken to the track often...whether drag or road course. Do you even care about handling and just want the sound of an intake or exhaust? There's lot's of things to consider, budget being one of them...

NAG2I
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM
ya^^^what he said
you gotta figure out what you want to do with it first
then you go from there dude!!

GSRtegŪ
04-14-2007, 11:09 AM
I second that.:yes:

ya^^^what he said
you gotta figure out what you want to do with it first
then you go from there dude!!

twinj
04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I didn't know what he was talking about. Far as apperance or Performance. He said he didn't want to do much so i figure the swap was enough

cactusEG
04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
if u dont swap the motor.. just do some bolt on that ppls usally do headers, cold air, cat back.. u get some power and sound

speedminded
04-14-2007, 03:14 PM
if u dont swap the motor.. just do some bolt on that ppls usally do headers, cold air, cat back.. u get some power and soundit's a b16, how many civics that year do you know came with a b16? :slap: ...it's not a V4, W4, or a boxer, it's an inline 4...it doesn't have headers ;)

hockeysam555
04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
sorry my camera is messed up and i couldnt get pics today

I dont really plan on taking it to the track it is just my daily driver i just want to make a little more sporty.

as far as budget goes i dont really have the money to pay for any of it but once i find what i want i will be able to save up the money and make myself get it.

i will probably put intake and maybe a not to loud exaust something not annoying or anything. any ideas there?

twinj
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
You will get what you pay for so don't do anything cheap. Header,Catback,Paint. The worst thing ever is before you do anything please lower it if not already. Since it is already swapped i assume you have an intake already. Just drop it on some cool wheels.

speedminded
04-15-2007, 04:38 PM
sorry my camera is messed up and i couldnt get pics today

I dont really plan on taking it to the track it is just my daily driver i just want to make a little more sporty.

as far as budget goes i dont really have the money to pay for any of it but once i find what i want i will be able to save up the money and make myself get it.

i will probably put intake and maybe a not to loud exaust something not annoying or anything. any ideas there?Is it a D16 or B16?

koukis14
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Intake, headers, exhaust. Put a bottle in it with a small shot. Suspension and exhaust. If you want sporty, you need to reduce weight. Gut the trunk, CF hood and trunk lid. Don't do big gay wheels. Unsprung weight=not sporty. Either get some Integra wheels, or just put some steelies on it with some nice aggressive tires. Yokahama is good.