PDA

View Full Version : My BASE RSX with HIDs.

ALVIN
04-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Nothing special just a base 05 auto RSX. Got the 10k hid from Nitro and install was a breeze (EXCEPT for the fact that on RSXs you have to remove the bumper to change bulbs lol and take out headlights). PICS \/

LAST NIGHT...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007013.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007020.jpg

TODAY....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007028.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007030.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Babiix3Girl17/ALVINS%20OTHER%20PRiDE%20AND%20JOY/April122007031.jpg

Tank
04-13-2007, 08:07 PM
nice cant wait to see my 12k i got from nitro

Brett
04-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Lookin really good man

ALVIN
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
preeshiate the comments...get brett can you quote me a price to repaint my car (no color change) just repaint. Everything matching no dark spots and light spots in paint...pretty much oem. I need to get rid of the darker bumper and the fact that my bumper looks like shattered glass.

Kamikaze
04-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Glare ftl. But I still like blue. :D

ironchef
04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Good look but 10k, eww, no higher than 6k please :D.

ALVIN
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I didn't get 10k for functionality lol I mean its still a hell of a lot brighter than stock but i likey the blue.

Yes and glare for the mother fucking LOSE.

I just figured out my fiancees car has projectors (even though I cant steal them) I am going to get her 6000k's so she can see better in the rain and such.

And yes I am in the process of getting some things together to do projectors on the RSX :) hehe

IndianStig
04-13-2007, 08:40 PM
looking good, i'll have to give him a call when i get my car back

TTaz02
04-13-2007, 10:19 PM

phongt12
04-13-2007, 11:28 PM
i think you might have to make a custom housing or something. those HID's have no cut-off line whatsoever. :thinking:

_Christian_
04-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Good look but 10k, eww, no higher than 6k please :D.
x2
you lose output and it hurts you eyes (at least mine) when the colors reflect off of everything.

nice set-up but get projector housings. you're killing on-coming traffic with the glare.
x2
i put a set of hid's in my halogen projectors on my old car for about a day, then i realized how much they blind ppl. then i got some projectors, which are a must.

twinj
04-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Nice

Tank
04-14-2007, 10:18 AM
i dont know i bought my 12k just for blinding people so i say stick with what you got lol ..............j/k

Frög
04-14-2007, 10:23 AM
get projectors!

dnugs03rsx
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
damn those sons of bitches are strong hey pm me when u figure out ur projector situation im goin down the same path

Krappy
04-14-2007, 11:09 AM
drop in HID kits = RICEY!!!!!!!! OEM HID PROJECTOR RETROFIT FTMFW!!!

TTaz02
04-14-2007, 11:20 AM

ALVIN
04-14-2007, 11:42 AM
im gonna retrofit for sure...I am looking for new headlights (so i can have a set to drive on) while I retrofit the projectors. Plus i want to take my time on them so i don't fuck them up.

sprix!
04-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but 10,000K is too impractical. You have defeated the purpose of HID (created the whitest and cleanest lights) and just turned your lights blue. After passing a point, everything just becomes a downgrade in visibility. The only way to really do HID aftermarket on reflectors is to retrofit to projectors. Right now, you are blinding everyone and suffering with downgraded visibility.

Nitro
04-14-2007, 12:00 PM
drop in HID kits = RICEY!!!!!!!! OEM HID PROJECTOR RETROFIT FTMFW!!!

so a plug & play HID kit is rice huh................. & who the fuck r u?

ALVIN
04-14-2007, 12:05 PM
like I mentioned in a previous post. I can see better and it feels better on my eyes. My lights are not pointed upward at all...in fact I pointed them down a little. Yes I will be getting retrofit and I got 10k for the blue honestly. I am going to get my wife the 6ks. Thanks for all the constructive criticism.

dnugs03rsx
04-14-2007, 12:13 PM
lemme go ahead and let u know the next question may seem stupid

how do u retrofit halos? im new to all this shit

Tank
04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
dont sweat it man i find it funny how folks are calling hid's rice man the shits hot and all those who think otherwise well ----------------->

quickdodge®
04-14-2007, 12:51 PM
.......... & who the fuck r u?

A nobody. Later, QD.

TTaz02
04-14-2007, 12:54 PM

quickdodge®
04-14-2007, 01:01 PM
a civic with a crappy set of HID's glaring all over the place makes everyone with a civic look bad!

I highly doubt a set of headlights will make or break a car model. Later, QD.

Elbow
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
They look fine to me

JITB
04-14-2007, 01:15 PM
everyone always talks about retrofiting shit.. but its not cheap. And to me its a waste, i cant see myself spending 500$+ on some lights.

I mean it would be nice to have a cutoff, but a year or so ago hids were nice, than once people start retrofiting projectors everyone called hids rice.. BUt i remember a time when projectors were rice... u all just love that word.

true the projectors aactually make them actually do what they are trying to do and give it a purposeful cutoff, but his galare isnt even that bad, mine was much worse..lol

Nitro
04-14-2007, 01:18 PM
dont sweat it man i find it funny how folks are calling hid's rice man the shits hot and all those who think otherwise well ----------------->

yeah i know bro......i just hate ass-hats....any of my customers can tell u i always tell them how much better an HID kit functions in a projector set-up.....i mean it's common sense & visually proven......shit look at my avatar repping my sales it shows HID'S in a projector...wtf? don't knock my hustle it's either u want em or not.......people can drive around on stock hallogens as long as they want........ not gonna affect me 1 bit......they can go buy a kit for $299 0r $400....or come see me for the hook-up......really don't care

Hid's rice??? what dumbasses :doh:

quickdodge®
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
yeah i know bro......i just hate ass-hats....any of my customers can tell u i always tell them how much better an HID kit functions in a projector set-up.....i mean it's common sense & visually proven......shit look at my avatar repping my sales it shows HID'S in a projector...wtf? don't knock my hustle it's either u want em or not.......people can drive arond on stock hallogens as long as they want not gonna effect me 1 bit......they can go buy a kit for $299 0r $400....or come see me for the hook-up......really don't care

Hey asshole. I stuck up for you, too. Where the fuck's my goddamn quote? Quit quoting that dumbass Tank. And that's not avatar under your posts. It's your motherfucking signature. Later ,QD.

Nitro
04-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I highly doubt a set of headlights will make or break a car model. Later, QD.

no doubt bro trust me if your car is RICE to begin with so it shall...........

THX Mike

sprix!
04-14-2007, 01:34 PM
It is an empirical scientific fact that you cannot see as well with those lights being 10,000k HIDs versus your stock lights or 4300k or 6000k HID. The blue light is easier on your eyes, but when it comes down to visiblity, it is limited. Don't lie to yourself. I bet that if you drove to a dark area, you would be flipping your bright lights on in a second to be able to see.
HIDs are not stupid, I have them OEM in my car. There is a reason why aftermarket HID kits are illegal... it just is not the same quality.

Krappy
04-14-2007, 01:34 PM
yeah i know bro......i just hate ass-hats....any of my customers can tell u i always tell them how much better an HID kit functions in a projector set-up.....i mean it's common sense & visually proven......shit look at my avatar repping my sales it shows HID'S in a projector...wtf? don't knock my hustle it's either u want em or not.......people can drive arond on stock hallogens as long as they want not gonna effect me 1 bit......they can go buy a kit for $299 0r $400....or come see me for the hook-up......really don't care

LMFAO....... believe me you're long distance visablilty and close up visability is alot better with a HID retrofit, your beam pattern is all fucked up all glared and shit when you use drop in HID kits....the headlight housings are not designed for HIDs so why put HIDs in them? if you want real HIDs suit your car for them and put projectors in them, you get what you pay for....i had a ricey drop in kit in my 240 and now i have HID retros...so dont tell me your drop in kit is better...if its better why spend more money on a retrofit... you just dont know your HIDs....let me add you can do a HID retro for under 300.... projectors are cheap now, not expensive like they were a year ago.... a good set of single beam projectors like TSX and E46 SIngle Beam go for about 100 bucks or less now, and you can find them all day long on ebay or HIDPlanet forums...and bulbs and ballast will run you about 150 also....so for about 250 you can OEM Spec HID Retrofit...which will give you much better results than drop in kits, which makes it seem like you're driving a submarine underwater...OEM FTW....

quickdodge®
04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
LMFAO....... believe me you're long distance visablilty and close up visability is alot better with a HID retrofit, your beam pattern is all fucked up all glared and shit when you use drop in HID kits....the headlight housings are not designed for HIDs so why put HIDs in them? if you want real HIDs suit your car for them and put projectors in them, you get what you pay for....i had a ricey drop in kit in my 240 and now i have HID retros...so dont tell me your drop in kit is better...if its better why spend more money on a retrofit... you just dont know your HIDs....

It seems that you should take the time to read Nitro's post instead of just posting to make yourself look smarter than him. Check out the part that you somehow seemed to skipped over:

NITRO SAID - "any of my customers can tell u i always tell them how much better an HID kit functions in a projector set-up.....i mean it's common sense & visually proven......shit look at my avatar repping my sales it shows HID'S in a projector."

Hopefully you don't skip over that part this time. He stated, matter of factly, that they are better in a projector. Later, QD.

ueyedgr8tness
04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I say to pay 300$ for some projectors:crazy: Id rather pay the 175$ and spend the rest on other sh** for the car.Hey every 1 does not have daddy and mom to pay for all there shi* like some ppl on here we really do work for ours...Im sure unlike CRAPPY!!!

So i am a hs drop out but hmm 175$ VS 300$ and u get a 10% dif yea ill save that 125$ and buy CRAPPy some common since so he want come in another 1 of NItro's good customer threads and make his self look like a Dumbass!! come on back in here:smackass: :yes:

Whats the point of giving your :2cents: on a thread were no 1 really gives a sh**? cause were just all happy customers but u:yes: go ahead tell your parents to get u some for that rice u drive:lmfao: :lmfao:

Tank
04-15-2007, 09:31 AM
let me add something very important... HID's are rice when they're NOT done the right way. a civic with a crappy set of HID's glaring all over the place makes everyone with a civic look bad! not doubting ya but when you attempt the mod, take your time and do it the right way. TANK did you see my post on page 1 concerning your 12k bulbs?
i saw it, but you need to understand where some folks have there install not up to par others wont make that mistake such as me and my supra but i understand where your coming from

green91
04-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I say to pay 300$ for some projectors:crazy: Id rather pay the 175$ and spend the rest on other sh** for the car.Hey every 1 does not have daddy and mom to pay for all there shi* like some ppl on here we really do work for ours...Im sure unlike CRAPPY!!!

So i am a hs drop out but hmm 175$ VS 300$ and u get a 10% dif yea ill save that 125$ and buy CRAPPy some common since so he want come in another 1 of NItro's good customer threads and make his self look like a Dumbass!! come on back in here:smackass: :yes:

Whats the point of giving your :2cents: on a thread were no 1 really gives a sh**? cause were just all happy customers but u:yes: go ahead tell your parents to get u some for that rice u drive:lmfao: :lmfao:

Its not about saving money you dumbshit, its about the fact that drop in HID kits without projectors do not have any sort of a light cut off / glare control and blind everyone in oncoming traffic. Its about being responsible

do you like driving around and having people bright light you all the time?

be smart before you make a post please.

HachiDori
04-15-2007, 10:07 AM
people with stock hids blind me already. I'm still waiting to talk to nitro about my shiot.

Krappy
04-15-2007, 10:30 AM

LMAO! being a HS dropout shouldnt be an excuse for anything... lol people put more money into their cars because people want to do it the right way.... unlike you i dont like to take short cuts with my cars... if im going to spend money on my car im gonna get something that is worth getting and not me regretting in the long run... and if you were to know me i dont fucking have parents to fucking bum off...so go get some fucking money from your mommy and rice your car up with a full body kit, ricer hids, fucking ugly ass wheels, big APC aluminum wing, underglow it, and a walmart rice can boy... and please dont tell me i have any rice on my car... my fucking car is stock with tein suspension, hid retrofits, wheels, and a jdm wing...so shut the fuck up you stupid fuck...my hid retro with my sharp cutoff will never compare to any of these drop in kits...

Deaf Pimp
04-15-2007, 10:57 AM
nice set-up but get projector housings. you're killing on-coming traffic with the glare.

Exactly... everyone on IA is going to glare every driver! This is what an HID setup should look like:

http://www.nrgonline.org/s14_hid/img/DSC00453.jpg

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 11:22 AM
and please dont tell me i have any rice on my car... my fucking car is stock with tein suspension, hid retrofits, wheels, and a jdm wing...so shut the fuck up you stupid fuck...my hid retro with my sharp cutoff will never compare to any of these drop in kits...:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: DID u jst say u dah tein springs:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: U dumbass mother fucker and u dont call that a short cut?how:gay: U just made your self look even more a dumbass cause my car is stock with tein suspension with my HID's and is far from rice:yes: What a fool i got tein suspension cause it was cheaper than coliovers just like u did fag but i saved even more money getting HId's in stead of some :gay: Ass retro sh** that ppl just put in there cars to brag about:no: I do not understand a damn thang u just said cause it looks like to me if u didnt want to short cut u would have got a better brand !!Oh but u spent the money for the real nice coilovers... on some retro Sh**:lmfao:

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Exactly... everyone on IA is going to glare every driver! This is what an HID setup should look like:

http://www.nrgonline.org/s14_hid/img/DSC00453.jpg

I am still trying to figure out why u guy's keep running up in my Boy's thread talking shi* about his products seem like they are way more ppl in here that like it than u so want u guy's go whore up some 1 elses thread and :cry: Over there.Cause so far there is 90% happy fans in this thread of our HID's so just move on pls:yes:

Krappy
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: DID u jst say u dah tein springs:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: U dumbass mother fucker and u dont call that a short cut?how:gay: U just made your self look even more a dumbass cause my car is stock with tein springs with my HID's and is far from rice:yes: What a fool i got tein springs cause it was cheaper than coliovers just like u did fag but i saved even more money getting HId's in stead of some :gay: Ass retro sh** that ppl just put in there cars to brag about:no: I do not understand a damn thang u just said cause it looks like to me if u didnt want to short cut u would have got full coilovers!!Oh but u spent the money for the coilovers on some retro Sh**:lmfao:
lmfao... i do have fucking full coilovers u dumbass... i never mentioned anything about ffucking springs... i said TIEN SUSPENSION, the word springs was never mentioned.....fyi i have FULL TEIN FLEX COILOVERS... and speaking of comprehensibility you need to go back to school and learn you fucking grammar...

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 11:34 AM
lmfao... i do have fucking full coilovers u dumbass... i never mentioned anything about ffucking springs... i said TIEN SUSPENSION, the word springs was never mentioned.....fyi i have FULL TEIN FLEX COILOVERS

OOOOO while and how cheap or those:lmfao: :lmfao: U got to love it how ppl justr like u have nothing else to do but wast your time in some 1 elses thread trying to shi* on there glory at the same time i would never retro my sh** cause i can call the time when no 1 cared about none of this shi*retro,HID's,and of course cool blue bulbs:lmfao: and then ooo we retro is the shi* u say it taking short cuts why cant u say that about your car to? why u buy a 240 shouldnt u just when ahead and got the 350z hmm ? wasnt u short cutting? same thing dude not every 1 going to have the best but hey some ppl might not care for the best like u i would have picked the 350z over the 240 anyday but for the money i would have got a 240 to cause its just as nice for less money:goodjob:

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 11:37 AM
... and speaking of comprehensibility you need to go back to school and learn you fucking grammar...[/QUOTE]

LOl what a noob is that your only come back when i done said i have nonE? it was probley pricks like u that made me just drop out to show u i can still make more money without being in school.Oh and i am planning to but just to busy getting paper:yes: to but other shi* for my car like stuff that actually matter's instead of Retro SHi*:tongue1:

Deaf Pimp
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I am still trying to figure out why u guy's keep running up in my Boy's thread talking shi* about his products seem like they are way more ppl in here that like it than u so want u guy's go whore up some 1 elses thread and :cry: Over there.Cause so far there is 90% happy fans in this thread of our HID's so just move on pls:yes:

Nobody is knocking on his product and I think his product is pretty neat and easy to use. If people like it, then fine. I think it's a good thing to educate people and understand that these lights are not meant for a halogen headlight and it will scatter light and blind people. There is a reason these lights have been outlawed in the USA.

Nitro is my boy and he can continue to do what he wants, its a free country. :goodjob:

green91
04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
are you a fucking idiot? Yes. you keep talking shit about retro-fit systems yet you have no reason why.. they arent for bragging purposes. they are to properly have a light cut off and eliminate glare which drop in hid kits produce.

Krappy
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
LOl what a noob is that your only come back when i done said i have nonE? it was probley pricks like u that made me just drop out to show u i can still make more money without being in school.Oh and i am planning to but just to busy getting paper:yes: to but other shi* for my car like stuff that actually matter's instead of Retro SHi*:tongue1:
lol.ur a just a dumb shit who is jealous cause you're mommy isnt funding any of your mods anymore...get you and your sandy vagina off this forum calling me damn noob with no backup... you're a noob for arguing about how things done the right way are wrong to you...

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Nobody is knocking on his product and I think his product is pretty neat and easy to use. If people like it, then fine. I think it's a good thing to educate people and understand that these lights are not meant for a halogen headlight and it will scatter light and blind people. There is a reason these lights have been outlawed in the USA.

Nitro is my boy and he can continue to do what he wants, its a free country. :goodjob:

Not to be a ass in all but if i wanted education i wouldnt have walked out my school when i was 14 :yes: I just think it is so disrespectful for these guy's to roll up in some 1 good seller thread and start talking about the product that was sold...It didnt have a sign on it that said all hater's welcome.But i c were u coming from its just every 1 that works hard for there money got to start at point-A to get to Z and i am at A so all i could afford considering most my money goe's to my engine at this time thats what i am in budget for:goodjob:

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
lol.ur a just a dumb shit who is jealous cause you're mommy isnt funding any of your mods anymore...get you and your sandy vagina off this forum calling me damn noob with no backup... you're a noob for arguing about how things done the right way are wrong to you...

LOl jealous:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I am glad this dude noe's nothing about me cause i would pee on your pride like i was Rkelly i work 50hr's a week for my $ and thats all u need to no..Cause all the other SMart Katz that no me no that if i really wanted to get retro i could but I wouldnt want to turn out like a prick like u..And Nitro does not have to back me up he no how I roll i dont need backup unlike u just to prove 1 point about some dumbass retro Shi* I could turn into a cocky MF like u in a heart beat and go buy the new new new shi* but i dropped school cause i dont mind working my ass off for everything i got :goodjob:

YEa:ninja: Thats that slave blood u dont no shi* about:lmfao:

Nitro
04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Deaf Pimp:

everyone always talks about retrofiting shit.. but its not cheap. And to me its a waste, i cant see myself spending 500$+ on some lights.

I mean it would be nice to have a cutoff, but a year or so ago hids were nice, than once people start retrofiting projectors everyone called hids rice.. BUt i remember a time when projectors were rice... u all just love that word.

true the projectors aactually make them actually do what they are trying to do and give it a purposeful cutoff, but his galare isnt even that bad, mine was much worse..lol

that is all..............now can ya'll chill in my boy's Alvin's thread....this is not the purpose of it. :no:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35634228#post35634228

V chill out............. it's not worth the online arguments

Maniaç
04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
damn.. looking real nice..

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 01:37 PM
V chill out............. it's not worth the online arguments[/QUOTE]

Ok no problem...:ninja: Put's gun's away...:cheers: For my fellow HID buddies:goodjob:

phongt12
04-15-2007, 01:49 PM
wow so much hostility up in here :duel:. like QD said in some other post, i notice how people make assumptions on your life just based on your birthdate. not everyone that has a car given to them by a parent is a spoiled brat. he/she may have done something great to deserve it. maybe some of us are going to colleges with tuitions per year that cost more than bmw 335's and would rather focus on education rather than work. but if you can pay for your own shit and go to grad school at the same time, then more power to ya. i'll give you a cookie :goodjob: .

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 02:19 PM
wow so much hostility up in here :duel:. like QD said in some other post, i notice how people make assumptions on your life just based on your birthdate. not everyone that has a car given to them by a parent is a spoiled brat. he/she may have done something great to deserve it. maybe some of us are going to colleges with tuitions per year that cost more than bmw 335's and would rather focus on education rather than work. but if you can pay for your own shit and go to grad school at the same time, then more power to ya. i'll give you a cookie :goodjob: .

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: What it is :goodjob:

blackboi50
04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
ME LIKE MY HIDS!!!!!!!:lmfao:.........yall wasting energy fighting about this dumb shit.............as long as i can see a fucking deer in the road before its 50 ft in front of my car im good!!!!!!!:lmfao:

by the way whats a glare cuz i never see it in the drivers seat!!!!!!!!:lmao:.............1

BigTs13
04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
lol at that guy calling Krappy a noob. hids ftw. ill be picking up some for the 240, but not before i figure out a way to get projectors. its just makes sense. if ur gonna do something like this, take the time to do it right. you'll like it better in the long run. nitro ftw, krappy ftw and 240sx ftw.

k im done.

A-ran
04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
lookin good bro! I almost went with 10k's but then I thought why not and went with the 14k's :D

ueyedgr8tness
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I got 10k's and love the shi*s.

preferredduck
04-15-2007, 09:04 PM

projector headlights are the way to go with hid's my :2cents:

preferredduck
04-15-2007, 09:07 PM
and i will be getting some 10k's soon nitro.

boostedb16
04-15-2007, 09:20 PM
yea no shit.

ALVIN
04-15-2007, 09:27 PM
this thread was made to show off a new mod...not to get bashed. I do realize and understand there is glare from HID kits inside of halogen headlights. I also realize that this was a super cheap mod considering I go to school Full time, Work 40+ hours for the little bit of money i do earn, and have a daughter and fiancee to support. So I am sorry that I do not have a retrofit or did not start with one. I will have one when I free up some money and time.

so I will leave yall with this. Retrofits are cool, and well worth the money (if you have the money). I would love to get some, but like I mentioned above. This kit is amazing for the price and quality of product. Nitro is a good seller. And everyone has his/her own opinion.

MongolPup
04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
projector headlights are the way to go with hid's my :2cents:

I agree. Certain cars can have HID headlights (added after the factory) without problems for whatever reason (it was an option so it was ready for it; has something that works as a cut off etc etc) but there are a LARGE amount of cars that are just throwing out an insane amount of un-aimed light, and that can cause lots of problems for other drivers, as well as electrical/heat problems for the owner. Also for some reason there are still people who don't understand true HID is, and think they have it because a package of bulbs said "HID style" or "Xenon light".

Krappy
04-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I agree. Certain cars can have HID headlights (added after the factory) without problems for whatever reason (it was an option so it was ready for it; has something that works as a cut off etc etc) but there are a LARGE amount of cars that are just throwing out an insane amount of un-aimed light, and that can cause lots of problems for other drivers, as well as electrical/heat problems for the owner. Also for some reason there are still people who don't understand true HID is, and think they have it because a package of bulbs said "HID style" or "Xenon light".
HID Style bulbs ftw....

TTaz02
04-15-2007, 11:32 PM

ALVIN
04-16-2007, 06:38 AM
yes it did I didnt expect it to either.

preferredduck
04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
i just saw the hid kit in the rsx tonight and it looks fucking sweet. projectors or not. awesome look man

ALVIN
04-17-2007, 05:04 AM
you saw it in mine? lol

Nitro
04-17-2007, 05:39 AM
you saw it in mine? lol

he saw it on Vick's....stay up....he has 10k too ;)

preferredduck
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
he saw it on Vick's....stay up....he has 10k too ;)

yep, and they look damn good too. as long as the headlights are pointed right no worries. i always get blinded by some pos car with the lights in the tree's running stock halogens. usually a geo or something. they are bright but in driving school they always teach you not to look into other cars headlights, you only look at the hid's cuz the color, look into a halogen one night and you will be just as blinded. GO NITRO GO!!!

preferredduck
04-17-2007, 01:21 PM
you saw it in mine? lol

i'm sure yours look good. silver with the blue, nice combo. i know i'll see them sooner or late.

preferredduck
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
i dont know i bought my 12k just for blinding people so i say stick with what you got lol ..............j/k
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

preferredduck
04-17-2007, 01:32 PM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Krappy
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
yep, and they look damn good too. as long as the headlights are pointed right no worries. i always get blinded by some pos car with the lights in the tree's running stock halogens. usually a geo or something. they are bright but in driving school they always teach you not to look into other cars headlights, you only look at the hid's cuz the color, look into a halogen one night and you will be just as blinded. GO NITRO GO!!!
lmao no matter how you point them they glare...you dont get blinded cuz you notice the HIDs its because your fucking headlight housing is producing glare so it fucks with people before they even notice you have HIDs....i have yet to see one stock car w/ HIDs or a HID retro to blind me with their regular low beam on....

blackboi50
04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
lmao no matter how you point them they glare...you dont get blinded cuz you notice the HIDs its because your fucking headlight housing is producing glare so it fucks with people before they even notice you have HIDs....i have yet to see one stock car w/ HIDs or a HID retro to blind me with their regular low beam on....

ha low beam FTW:)!!!!!!.........i dont even know what high beam is anymore!!!!!!!!:lmfao:.............1

preferredduck
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM

there was no glare last night my friend. now i've seen glare when some idiot had like 8 hid lights on his f250. i do agree that the housing is designed for a halogen bulb for max lighting. i get more glare off any car that has their lights pointed up. i already have projectors and thats what im putting my hid kit in. i have only seen the glare on a few hid kits, but the people overdid it. thats my :2cents: i still think they look good in the rsx housing.

Krappy
04-17-2007, 05:21 PM
there was no glare last night my friend. now i've seen glare when some idiot had like 8 hid lights on his f250. i do agree that the housing is designed for a halogen bulb for max lighting. i get more glare off any car that has their lights pointed up. i already have projectors and thats what im putting my hid kit in. i have only seen the glare on a few hid kits, but the people overdid it. thats my :2cents: i still think they look good in the rsx housing.
ummm the color temp doesnt mean how bright it is..but anyways....adding HIDs to any projectors doesnt do anything...if you get aftermarket lights w/ projectors its just as bad...those projectors arent designed for HIDs...there are two types of projectors halogen projectors and xenon projectos... xenon projectors are designed for HIDs and will produce no glare, beautiful cutoff, and will provide excellent light output....

Benefit
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
yeah

TypeRPersonality
04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
ummm the color temp doesnt mean how bright it is..but anyways....adding HIDs to any projectors doesnt do anything...if you get aftermarket lights w/ projectors its just as bad...those projectors arent designed for HIDs...there are two types of projectors halogen projectors and xenon projectos... xenon projectors are designed for HIDs and will produce no glare, beautiful cutoff, and will provide excellent light output....

Okay mr. knowledgeable. Everyone by now knows that a plug and play kit would not measure up to projector HID's. But that is besides the point. The thread starter is satisfied with his purchase and is merely sharing to other members his new mod. Aiming HID's in halogen housing low would not still blind people. And with aftermarket projectors, it would still work better, at least then, there would be a cutoff(not very sharp) and less glare. No matter what, HID's will still blind people. Apparently, you've never had a BMW or Lexus on your ass going up a hill. Who gives a damn how people want the road ahead of them illuminated.

blackboi50
04-17-2007, 06:55 PM
:wgaf:..........end this SHIT!!!!!............1

KevinT707
04-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Who cares about projector lens this, cut-off that, glare this & glare that ..

I have a drop-in HID kit so that makes me rice by a couple peoples standards, who cares. IMO, my HIDs w/out projectors is still brighter than my halogens .. maybe 17 years ago Honda made poor headlights in the CRX?

If it doesn't make power then don't spend too much money on it, like this whole "retrofit" do-hickey trend.

No matter what, HID's will still blind people. Apparently, you've never had a BMW or Lexus on your ass going up a hill. Who gives a damn how people want the road ahead of them illuminated.
Very true.

1SICKLEX
04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Okay mr. knowledgeable. Everyone by now knows that a plug and play kit would not measure up to projector HID's. But that is besides the point. The thread starter is satisfied with his purchase and is merely sharing to other members his new mod. Aiming HID's in halogen housing low would not still blind people. And with aftermarket projectors, it would still work better, at least then, there would be a cutoff(not very sharp) and less glare. No matter what, HID's will still blind people. Apparently, you've never had a BMW or Lexus on your ass going up a hill. Who gives a damn how people want the road ahead of them illuminated.
Well with Lexus, OEM HIDs are self-leveling. For instance on startup, my HIDs go up and down, leveling themselves. If I have a load, they adjust.
THe newer models have Adaptive steering, where they turn 15 degrees on the drivers side and 5% of the passenger side.

HIDs actually have less glare and are less painful on the eyes than halogens and help reduce eye fatigue when driving.

The LS 600h L will be the first production car with LED headlights. LED headlights are the future and in 20 years, all cars will have them. THey emit more light, are more efficient and are so small, you can design headlamps anyway you want.

8k, 10k and 12k kits are useless to the driver and are a PITA for oncoming traffic.

1SICKLEX
04-18-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't see how drop in HIDs are rice. THey are technically for off-road use only but at the proper temperature, 4100k to a lil over 6000k, they are very useful.

Once you have HID in that range, its very very hard to drive a car at night without them. They do make that much of a difference.

Those HID look BULBS wreck havoc. They burn harnesses, are not like HIDs period. You cannot get a bulb hot enough from a stock assembly.

THus why HID kits have BALLASTS to heat them up.

Nitro
04-19-2007, 07:48 AM

+1 :cheers:

whatever210
04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I love xxx girls! :D