PDA

View Full Version : bad luck i guess...

AnTi-PooN
04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
ok... i just bought a hatch(91 civic) and i put a new starter on it. When i did that i guess i put the intake on different than it was before and the bracket thing that holds it in place was touching the metal conector on the battery which caused a bad smell. So i turned the car off popped the hood and it wouldn't open all the way. Thats when i saw that the bracket thingy was melted onto my hood.. wtf... i was soooo pissed :2up: . Well anyways i got it apart took off the bracket and wrapped it in elctrical tape so it wouldnt touch the connector again. i cranked the car and everything worked.. no fuses were shot so no electrical damage, thank god. Well my question is, is there anything i need to be worried about? new battery? help plz...

speedminded
04-13-2007, 01:06 PM
ok... i just bought a hatch(91 civic) and i put a new starter on it. When i did that i guess i put the intake on different than it was before and the bracket thing that holds it in place was touching the metal conector on the battery which caused a bad smell. So i turned the car off popped the hood and it wouldn't open all the way. Thats when i saw that the bracket thingy was melted onto my hood.. wtf... i was soooo pissed :2up: . Well anyways i got it apart took off the bracket and wrapped it in elctrical tape so it wouldnt touch the connector again. i cranked the car and everything worked.. no fuses were shot so no electrical damage, thank god. Well my question is, is there anything i need to be worried about? new battery? help plz...That's all you need to be worried about ^^^, if that's fixed you're good to go :goodjob: