PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Water/Alcohol Injection

Stopsnitchin
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Is there anybody out there using it? What kind of results did you notice? Would you recommend it?
Thanks,

StopSnitchin

David88vert
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a Mr Freeze kit, but never use it. You have to tune for it. PITA when you run out...

Stopsnitchin
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
PITA? whats that? is it for sale?

khan351
04-12-2007, 11:47 PM
depends on what u have, it helps a good amount on turbo/sc cars

khan351
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM

PITA=PAIN IN THE ASS

Stopsnitchin
04-12-2007, 11:51 PM
well ive decided im putting it on my car and im just looking for some feedback from people that already have it. which system and whatnot. thanks for your help khan351.

khan351
04-12-2007, 11:53 PM
my friends got a camaro ss with a sts rear mount turbo kit. i drove the car before and after he got the methanol injection and i noticed a big difference. either way, good luck with what you're doing.

David88vert
04-13-2007, 06:22 AM

When I get around to pulling it off, I will sell it. I'm selling it and my Vortech aftercooler soon.

Stopsnitchin
04-13-2007, 09:07 AM
gnarly. is it on an rx7? My buddy also has a 3rd gen Fd. does it have any saftey features like low fluid light or clog sensor? thanks alot.

David88vert
04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
It's on my Mustang. No safety features like the Snow kit. But it's much cheapers and simplier. Not much to have break.

Stopsnitchin
04-13-2007, 06:12 PM
well when you take it off lemmie know how much you'd want cuz im interested. thanks mang

David88vert
04-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I can take it off this weekend if you are seriously interested in buying it.

Stopsnitchin
04-13-2007, 11:01 PM
not without a price or pictures. im still waitin on my tax return.

David88vert
04-14-2007, 06:27 AM
"Mr. Freeze" Methanol/Water Injection Features:
Very simple & effective kit.
Boost activated and metered by jetting
Can be used for all centrifugal superchargers, turbochargers, and Kenne Bell & Whipple twin-screw superchargers. Can not be used for Eaton superchargers!!!

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/mr-freeze.html#ysidyno

AFM Mr. Freeze Methanol/Water Injection Kit
Engineered by Anderson Ford Motorsport, Mr. Freeze is a universal methanol/water injection kit designed specifically for both carbureted/EFI supercharged and turbocharged applications only. Mr. Freeze is the most cost efficient and highly effective methanol/water injection kit on the market. Being activated by boost and metered by jetting, Mr. Freeze is easily optimized. Mr. Freeze is an easy bolt on for all centrifugal supercharges and turbochargers. In initial testing, AFM has documented up to as much as 90 additional rear wheel horsepower using 93-octane pump gas. With the proper tuning and 100 octane racing gas, Mr. Freeze was capable of an additional 115 rear wheel horsepower on a mid 650 horsepower Mustang. Higher horsepower gains are achievable on higher horsepower applications. Find out what Mr. Freeze can do for you.

100+ Horsepower With Windshield Wiper Fluid
That’s right! Simply use windshield wiper fluid and that’s it. No need for expensive fluids made by other companies. However, don’t just use any type of windshield wiper fluid with your Mr. Freeze. You will want to use windshield wiper fluid rated for –20 degrees or greater below zero. It’s this type of windshield wiper fluid that contains METHANOL to keep it from freezing. It’s also the important ingredient that produces the cooling effect thus dropping your air charge temperatures and consequently increasing power and allowing you to run more timing and less fuel. Here’s the best part you can purchase the methanol/water mix for as low as $3.79 by Motorcraft.

Complete & Ready to Run!
This system comes complete with instructions and everything needed to install and run on your supercharged or turbocharged application minus the fluid. Installation is a breeze, no pun intended, requiring approx. 30-45 minutes to install. Mr. Freeze methanol/water injection kits deliver maximum value for your performance dollar making it a must have for every turbocharged or supercharged applications.

Industry’s Most Cost Effective Methanol Injection Kit
That’s right! This is the industry’s only methanol/water injection kit under $190.00. This highly effective cost efficient unit does not require electric pumps, switches, relays, fuses or electrical wiring harness’s as do all other competitors systems. Thereby making this not only the most cost effective and easiest to install system on the market but also the most reliable as there are no pumps, fuses, switches or ugly wiring harness’s to worry about failing. Offering horsepower gains comparable to competitors much more complex systems.

Features Include:
1 3/4 quart tank
All necessary tubing, hardware and jet
60 degree drop in air charge temperature
Increases octane by several points
Allows for higher levels of boost then normally achiavable without
Allows for increased timing

Important Notes:
Requires only basic hand tools to install
Failure to retune the application can result in a loss of horsepower power as it will raise the air/fuel ratio a full point.

Installation Time:
Installation time approx. 30-45 minutes

David88vert
04-14-2007, 06:31 AM
not without a price or pictures. im still waitin on my tax return.

The above is the newer unit. Mine has a bigger purple bottle attached. I have mine hidden inside my drivers fender, and it feeds/fills off the washer fluid bottle. If you use -20 below or better washer fluid, it has methanol in it. It cools the combustion chamber, allowing you to add more timing or boost. It uses the boost of the intake manifold to push the fluid through a jet into the intake. Very simple and effective setup.

rolling_trip
04-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Stopsnitchin, what kind of car are you putting this on? The reason I ask is that some cars have direct bolt on kits, with safety precautions included. I have no intention of stopping the sale from David above, but you can do some serious damage if the pump fails, after being tuned for it. That is something else you need to consider, who will be tuning your car with it on?

David88vert
04-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Stopsnitchin, what kind of car are you putting this on? The reason I ask is that some cars have direct bolt on kits, with safety precautions included. I have no intention of stopping the sale from David above, but you can do some serious damage if the pump fails, after being tuned for it. That is something else you need to consider, who will be tuning your car with it on?

That's true. If they amke a kit specifically for your car, it's nice to have. The AFM Mr. Freeze kit works with any boosted car (except for Eatons superchargers), but was originally developed for supercharged Mustangs. I like the Snow kit better, but it costs a lot more. It has a pump, and safety features to go with it. The reason the Mr Freeze kit doesn't have the same safety features is that it uses your boost and vacuum for the injection. So, no pump needed.

You do have to tune for any methonol injection system, and you have to monitor your fluid level constantly. Biggest danger is running out of methonol while at WOT. You would run lean and shortly kill a piston.

Stopsnitchin
04-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I have a 93 240sx with Sr20det. how much were you hoping to get for it?

NevrNufTorq
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
best thing for a boosted car besides goin to race gas. but as stated above if it fails to turn on you will have PROBLEMS!! mine cutoff on the sti and i blew a ringland. still will use it though but now with a safety cutoff

David88vert
04-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I have a 93 240sx with Sr20det. how much were you hoping to get for it?

PM me, and we will work something out I'm sure.