PDA

View Full Version : Audi Info

AlanŽ
04-12-2007, 10:18 AM
looking at getting a 225 TT roadster and have been looking for have way decent audi forums and havent found anything any suggestions

Kyle
04-12-2007, 10:24 AM
looking at getting a 225 TT roadster and have been looking for have way decent audi forums and havent found anything any suggestions
Good cars but dont make the mistake of just saving up the money to buy one. Be ready to mantain it. Audi parts are not cheap at all. Its all worth it if you appreciate the car though.

AlanŽ
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
ive spent time cruising a few forums and it seems like the biggest thing is to change the timing chain at 60k instead of the dealer claimed 100k otherwise you really start having problems really if i get it im gonna mildly mod just chip it change the diverter valve short throw down pipe exhaust etc. just mild bolt on stuff i didnt realize how expense front mounts for that car are either 1k bucks for the front mount jesus christ i found another one a lot of people have reccomended and its like half the price but pretty much arent the gti motors and the tt 1.8t motors the same just some stuff isnt interchangeable thats what ive been reading.

Jecht
04-12-2007, 11:53 AM
For a forum, go here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeromain?id=61

Kyle
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
ive spent time cruising a few forums and it seems like the biggest thing is to change the timing chain at 60k instead of the dealer claimed 100k otherwise you really start having problems really if i get it im gonna mildly mod just chip it change the diverter valve short throw down pipe exhaust etc. just mild bolt on stuff i didnt realize how expense front mounts for that car are either 1k bucks for the front mount jesus christ i found another one a lot of people have reccomended and its like half the price but pretty much arent the gti motors and the tt 1.8t motors the same just some stuff isnt interchangeable thats what ive been reading.
Timing belts definately suck on audis, they are not easy to change..

Front mounts are not cheap at all for vw/audis. $1K is the going price really. And most of the time you have to cut your bumper to even fit it properly(that is for Jettas and GTI's, I dont know about audi's)

If I dont buy another 1.8T my forge 007 dv may be for sale. I have three springs for it for different levels of boost too.

AlanŽ
04-12-2007, 02:05 PM
yea ive been doing a lot of reading and it just seems like thats been everyones main opinon that the timing belt needs to be changed at 60k miles and not 100kthe one im looking at is an o2 vert 225hp 6spd its got 44k miles on it so that will be one of things done in the first year. jt carbon makes a nice FMIC for $500 and ive just been pretty much looking at all the assoiciated problems with this car the main thing for the 02 it seems like is the gauge cluster going bad. soi drove an '04 to the braves game on friday and it was the most fun ive had in a long time car absolutely gets up and goes when you ask but drives great even out of boost

Kyle
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
yea ive been doing a lot of reading and it just seems like thats been everyones main opinon that the timing belt needs to be changed at 60k miles and not 100kthe one im looking at is an o2 vert 225hp 6spd its got 44k miles on it so that will be one of things done in the first year. jt carbon makes a nice FMIC for $500 and ive just been pretty much looking at all the assoiciated problems with this car the main thing for the 02 it seems like is the gauge cluster going bad. soi drove an '04 to the braves game on friday and it was the most fun ive had in a long time car absolutely gets up and goes when you ask but drives great even out of boost
Yeah. So what happened to the scion? Done with it?

Do you have to pay for the upgrade?

But yes itsa good car as soon as I sell mine I will be calling on a few of them.

TTaz02
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM

AlanŽ
04-13-2007, 09:48 AM
yea im set on the roadster keeping the scion my mom is the one buying it but she will be trading in her xterra which means the scion becomes the family car so i will be able to do shit to the TT

Julio
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
I havent had any issues with mines. BTW is for sale.. to bad is a coupe =]

And yes, Once you are chipped and other mods is good to change your timing belt early.

AlanŽ
04-13-2007, 11:06 AM
what year is yours cause i heard about the whole guage cluster problem seems to be like a plague or something

ironchef
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I've found that www.audiworld.com and www.audizine.com are pretty good forums. Though the layout and design on audiworld is so fucking stupid.

Julio
04-13-2007, 08:18 PM
what year is yours cause i heard about the whole guage cluster problem seems to be like a plague or something

Mines a 01, 36 k miles.. GIAC chip, 007 DV, custom exhaust, K&N drop in filter..
never had any problems.

TTaz02
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM

Digipix
04-14-2007, 06:40 PM
hey i came from a scion too. i like vwvortex.com as far as forums go.

AlanŽ
04-14-2007, 07:08 PM
thanks for the info guys

Crowml
04-18-2007, 08:20 AM
I'll have my Quattro Roadster at the Elite Meet and Greet. Mods include: 2003 Hofele kit (w12 grill), with Borla exhaust, dv, custom intake, and other goodies. Come check it out, I'll give you the run down and some hookups I've found.

Julio- I can't believe you're selling brother. What up? PM me.