PDA

View Full Version : What is Racism?

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
in light of don imus being fired

people saying what he said is racist, which it is, then the black people who go after him for saying such things are also called racist. which in part it MAYBE racist, BUT nevertheless, they have a zero tolerance against negativity brought to the black community.

so what is defined as racism?

as said in many threads

discuss

SLOWLYbtngU
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I think racism is over rated... I have been spit in the fae before because of it, whooped somebody's ass over it, and had plenty of arguments pertaining to it. What I have come to realize is that people have their set thoughts and though they may be wrong in their thinking it is something that is uncontrolable by me, and I can only hope that they change.

devin
04-12-2007, 09:16 AM
racism in my eyes as i see it is, anything a white person may say against someone of another race in a negative way can be called racist, but anybody can say anything they want about white people and its ok. and thats just plain bullshit. everybody needs to stop being soo fucking sensitive.

Rican219
04-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Fuck this thread !

WHITEPOWER!

itsjustdee
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
KELLY AND KILLER = RACISM

Kamikaze
04-12-2007, 09:23 AM

lol

Rican219
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM

FUCK THEM I AM !!!

WHITEPOWER BISHES !!

http://www.alekseymaslov.ru/temp/lj/jordan.jpg

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
should have put that pic w/ hanes on instead jerk lol

itsjustdee
04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
well since you are puerto rican...yeah i guess you can claim white power since america took over your country. lol

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
racism in my eyes as i see it is, anything a white person may say against someone of another race in a negative way can be called racist, but anybody can say anything they want about white people and its ok. and thats just plain bullshit. everybody needs to stop being soo fucking sensitive.

in some ways its onesided and sometimes people are sensitive, but to not be 'disciplined' for making such a statement is crazy. he deserved discipline, i dont know about losing his job, losing his sponsors was just about good enough for me, but the 2weeks wasn't enough, he needed more time than that. i'm not sure if the firing was necessary, but 2weeks wasnt enough discipline

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
well since you are puerto rican...yeah i guess you can claim white power since america took over your country. lol

o my gawd no way. what about me..them damn white people took me on the amistad to the americas...white crackuhz:lmfao:

Echonova
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
What he said was not racist at all. Bigotry is often confused with racism; The "R" word is thrown around way too much. Look up the definition of racism and tell me how that applies to what Imus said. The guy is a tool. Guilty of saying something he shouldn't have, and looking like Lurch. The PMS-NBC have every right to pull his show for these comments or just because they feel like it. It's their station.

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 09:48 AM
What he said was not racist at all. Bigotry is often confused with racism; The "R" word is thrown around way too much. Look up the definition of racism and tell me how that applies to what Imus said. The guy is a tool. Guilty of saying something he shouldn't have, and looking like Lurch. The PMS-NBC have every right to pull his show for these comments or just because they feel like it. It's their station.

so what would you call what he said, because that wasnt bigotry?

Echonova
04-12-2007, 09:53 AM
so what would you call what he said, because that wasnt bigotry?

Stupid? Not sure, but I also don't see how it falls under racism. Does he believe he is genetically superior to the "nappy headed hoes"? How is it not bigotry if the remarks were aimed to belittle them because of their color?

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Stupid? Not sure, but I also don't see how it falls under racism. Does he believe he is genetically superior to the "nappy headed hoes"? How is it not bigotry if the remarks were aimed to belittle them because of their color?

in my opinion when i finally heard the clip, it seemed as a jokingly thing that was said, BUT i dont know that, noone really knows if it was meant to belittle, be racist, or what. either way it was uncalled for and reprucussions were severe/close to what was needed in this case.

i mean it could have been a bigoted statement i guess, it could have been a racist remark, stupidity...i doubt very seriously MAYBE a joke, mocking the rappers who show no respect to women, thats why rap needs to be killed and hip hop needs to be revived.

Echonova
04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
You might be right. I myself have not heard the clip, just read the transcript. Having read it, it's not much different than reading this. You can't tell sarcasm or inflection in their voice. Anyway, I think they were just looking for a reason to dump his show.

xLSTONEx
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I AM RASICM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitches

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
You might be right. I myself have not heard the clip, just read the transcript. Having read it, it's not much different than reading this. You can't tell sarcasm or inflection in their voice. Anyway, I think they were just looking for a reason to dump his show.

i doubt that, it seems from what alot of people said that his show was pretty credible and had good ratings and created good income. also heard that he made many negative 'sly' remarks that were always brushed off until this incident. i always flipped by that channel trying to watch/listen to something in the morning to listen to while im getting ready for work.

he's apologizing, yes, but i think sometimes apologizes aren't enough when something 'drastic' happens, if you know what im saying.

its like apologizing for killing some ladies only child, you can apologize for days, but it doesnt take away the emotional hurt that has been inflicted, and i think this is what has happened in this predicament. there are many who probably think the same thing he does 'nappy headed hos' refers to all if not most black women, but like obama(i think thats his name) said, thats the stereotype that all black women have to overcome, because thats almost how society has made them. rap videos havent helped the 'ho' situation out either. so..there is alot to overcome

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 10:17 AM

bitches

go stick your dick in a gator faggot:gay:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Rican219
04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
http://downshizzle.com/gallery/albums/02.07/miagi.gif

xLSTONEx
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
go stick your dick in a gator faggot:gay:

:lmfao: :lmfao:
is that suppose to be remotely funny at all?

What the fuck are you laughing at you stupid little bitch?

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 10:30 AM
is that suppose to be remotely funny at all?

What the fuck are you laughing at you stupid little bitch?

damn skimpy cock sucker

xLSTONEx
04-12-2007, 10:33 AM
damn skimpy cock sucker
you need to learn a lot of shit before you even try to talk shit on my level. ha. newbie.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-12-2007, 10:34 AM
racism is ignorance and narrow mindness running parallel to each other

Basically people fear what they don't know, There will always be racism there just not getting rid of it, They only way we can get rid of it is if were all one race and nationality

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 10:47 AM
you need to learn a lot of shit before you even try to talk shit on my level. ha. newbie.

i dont learn shit, so ill never get on your level cocksucker

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
racism is ignorance and narrow mindness running parallel to each other

Basically people fear what they don't know, There will always be racism there just not getting rid of it, They only way we can get rid of it is if were all one race and nationality

so you think imus was narrow minded in his 'statement?

you're right, racism is here to stay, hate it or love it. to tell you teh truth, as much as i will say im not racist, i think we all have it in us, hate it or love it. i just know myself i give everyone a chance, im all about equal opportunity ya know. but i think racism lies in us all

Tasuki_Civic
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM
im glad his dumb ass got fired. he should have. along with anyone else who makes a remark as such for any race. if pple in this world freak out about a little nipple for 3 seconds then talkin about pples race should be just as important. if its not o'well thats america

Mike Lowrey
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
WHITE POWER!
WHITE POWER!
WHITE POWER!
WHITE POWER!
WHITE POWER!
WHITE POWER!
WHITE POWER!

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM
im glad his dumb ass got fired. he should have. along with anyone else who makes a remark as such for any race. if pple in this world freak out about a little nipple for 3 seconds then talkin about pples race should be just as important. if its not o'well thats america

nice statement

but i was hypnotized by that avatar:crazy:

sirkus
04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Racism = ignorance. You don't understand the fact that everyone is human. Regardless of how dumb they may be.

R3RUN
04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Racism is the use of stereotypes as fact.

Hulud
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
wow racism is simple its thoughts/feelings that are based upon a person's race

what most people dont get is, it DOESNT HAVE TO BE DERROGATORY

Echonova
04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

big·ot·ry - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uh-tree] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ries.
1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
2. the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.

itsjustdee
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM

bitches

yeah we all know you are landon. you're also gay.

itsjustdee
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM

you talk a lot of shit landon. it's sad that you can't ever back your shit up though. it's also sad that you think everything is a joke. hopefully one day you'll get your ass whooped like killer.

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 01:02 PM
yeah we all know you are landon. you're also gay.

I TOLD HIM THAT SAME SHIT AND HE GOT MAD...WTF

HalfBaked
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I TOLD HIM THAT SAME SHIT AND HE GOT MAD...WTF
dude you're not funny.

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
suck it up

Killer
04-12-2007, 02:15 PM
in light of don imus being fired

people saying what he said is racist, which it is, then the black people who go after him for saying such things are also called racist. which in part it MAYBE racist, BUT nevertheless, they have a zero tolerance against negativity brought to the black community.

so what is defined as racism?

as said in many threads

discuss

Killer
04-12-2007, 02:17 PM
you talk a lot of shit landon. it's sad that you can't ever back your shit up though. it's also sad that you think everything is a joke. hopefully one day you'll get your ass whooped like killer.

killer hasn't gotten his ass whooped......

landon... i'm met matt once.. never u... but i've noticed tf has just about as much beef with u as he does me... hmmmmmmmm :thinking:

william_jeff
04-12-2007, 02:19 PM

:thinking: :thinking: care to explain your ellipse(sp?)

Killer
04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
just wanted my sig in the .... "what is racism" thread...

xLSTONEx
04-12-2007, 02:57 PM
hahaha killer that sig is awesome!!!!!!!

HAHA new best friend!!!!!

And yes, I hate that spic and his ugly as asain bitch!

Killer
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM

werd...

itsjustdee
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
just wanted my sig in here too.

itsjustdee
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
oh yeah, you call me an ugly ass asian, but yet you've got some asians on your top 8 on myspace. lol if you hate asians so much, why are you friends with them? i wonder how they'll feel about this.

cactusEG
04-12-2007, 04:16 PM

didnt TF knock u out ?

Doppelgänger
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
to me, if you use someones race to purposefully anger them/ get a rise out of them or in a derogatory way, then you could be committing an act of racism.

Imus was not being racist.... if anything, he was being sexist by saying "hoes"

HalfBaked
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
oh yeah, you call me an ugly ass asian, but yet you've got some asians on your top 8 on myspace. lol if you hate asians so much, why are you friends with them? i wonder how they'll feel about this.
That asian on his top 8 is our roommate.

And calling someone ugly isn't saying you hate their race.

Professor X
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
to me, if you use someones race to purposefully anger them/ get a rise out of them or in a derogatory way, then you could be committing an act of racism.

Imus was not being racist.... if anything, he was being sexist by saying "hoes"

I must agree with you there. It was more of a sexist statement than a racist statement however as a poster brought out on the last page, racism does not have to be derogotory. If you use race to form a conclusion, you're being racist. I agree that some people pull the race card really quick. My biggest problem with this whole thing is that it feeds the notion that all black people (minorities)just complain and expect everyone else to walk on eggshells. If someone is expecting that, that's there problem. However, that doesn't represent everyone.

tony
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I must agree with you there. It was more of a sexist statement than a racist statement however as a poster brought out on the last page, racism does not have to be derogotory. If you use race to form a conclusion, you're being racist. I agree that some people pull the race card really quick. My biggest problem with this whole thing is that it feeds the notion that all black people (minorities)just complain and expect everyone else to walk on eggshells. If someone is expecting that, that's there problem. However, that doesn't represent everyone.

Man you just stated EVERYTHING I was explaining to my ex today! People throwing out the race card at every occurence discounts real acts of racism or prejudice. Its the same as people who question rape cases because of false claims.. since people throw out race every chance they get nobody takes it seriously.

This was on the news last night:

ATLANTA: A legislative committee rejected a bid to hang a portrait of Coretta Scott King, the wife of slain civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., in Georgia's state Capitol.

The resolution would have urged the Capitol Standards Arts Commission to hang the portrait next to a picture of her late husband, but the three-member House Special Rules Committee declined to move the proposal forward Wednesday.

"It's just like calling Mrs. King a nappy-headed nigger," State Representative Roberta Abdul-Salaam, who is black, told reporters after the hearing, using a racial slur considered by many Americans to be the most offensive in the English language.

"It's another example of blatant disrespect for black women in 2007," said Abdul-Salaam, a Democrat who was the main supporter of the bid. "It's worse than what Don Imus did."

I wont lie I laughed for about 3 minutes when I heard her say it.. but its a prime example of people wearing the fuck out of the race card and it is getting old.

Professor X
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Man you just stated EVERYTHING I was explaining to my ex today! People throwing out the race card at every occurence discounts real acts of racism or prejudice. Its the same as people who question rape cases because of false claims.. since people throw out race every chance they get nobody takes it seriously.

This was on the news last night:

I wont lie I laughed for about 3 minutes when I heard her say it.. but its a prime example of people wearing the fuck out of the race card and it is getting old.

I couldn't agree more that the bad guys make it hard for the good guys. It is actually sickening. I just hate when some people come along and try to pretend that all cases are someone crying wolf. I believe that white people need to deal with the fact that there are ignorant black people along with intelligent ones. The same applies to black people. Black people need to understand that there are some ignorant white people. That doesn't mean every ignorant comment or action is racist.