PDA

View Full Version : SpeedingTicket

jaystar
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
hey iam new here and caught a speeding ticket anyone know a good lawyer or ticket place please ????

97WhYt_TeG
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
how much were you over......is this your first ticket? if it is plead no-lo and the points wont go on your license but you have to pay the fine...

an0therh22
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
how fast were you going? and what was the speed limit.

jaystar
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
its was for goin 61 in a 45

§treet_§peed
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
why would you put this in the general tech sections?

SampaGuy
04-11-2007, 03:33 PM
i wouldnt spend money on a lawyer for a 16 over

§treet_§peed
04-11-2007, 03:35 PM
get a court appointed lawyer like i always do..:D make the public pay for it..:D

Clegger
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I have a speeding ticket thats 17 over. Anybody know how I go about trying to get it to 14 over???

CSquared
04-11-2007, 03:45 PM
wrong section... on a side note... we get so many posts about this shit that it should have its OWN section.

§treet_§peed
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I have a speeding ticket thats 17 over. Anybody know how I go about trying to get it to 14 over??? ha maybe you could blow the Da??? :???: :dunno: he might reduce it then..:gay: :goodjob: :D :lmfao: :lmfao: :yes:

jaystar
04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
wha can i do with this thing i need it gone , sorry for posting in tha wrong place

keevo54
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
1. DO NOT plead NOLO Unless it's the absolute last resort.

2. Dress nice and groom well

3. Plead not Guilty. Your first date will most likely be an arraignment, you'll have to comeback for an actual trial date.

4. If they asked you to have the trial that day, tell the judge:

"Your Honor, the defense didn't have enough time to prepare legal matters (such as lawyer) for the trial on an arraignment date. I'd like to request for a retrial"

The judge will approve that.

5. On the real trial date. Come early to you can be the first ones to go in.

6. Approach the Prosecutor nicely, and ask him/her if you can have a word with them about your citation. They'll tell you to sit down as they ave to talk to higher priorities first (ie. Lawyers). They'll come and talk to you afterward.

7. Tell them that you're afraid of loosing your job as it requires a Clean DMV record. This is your first citation and you need their help. (They want yor $$, not your job). Ask them if they can change it to a non moving violation (such as a very expensive parking ticket, etc.) or change to 14mph and under. Since you're only 19mph over, they'll most likely to do that for you. You still have to pay the same fine. But it won't be on your record. So you're safe in insurance company.

G'luck.

Also, on the trial date (not arraignment) pay special attention to see if the cop is there. If he's not there. Plead not guilty and they'll dismiss your case.

If the prosecutor ask for a retrial because the cop isn't there. state to the judge:

"Your Honor, the trial is here and today. The defense came ready. It's at no fault that the state isn't prepapred. I already took two days off from work. It's blatantly unfair for the defense to come back for the 3rd time. I motion for dismissal."

The judge will dismiss your case. Most likely, you won't have to say it at all.

Also, be very polite to Both the judge and the prosecutor.

I had a pretrial status conference with the prosecutor an politely asked to have the ticket lowered from 18 over to 14 over. The guy took a minute and then said sure. Interlude advice is very good and worked for me. They typically lower speeds from 15-19 over down to 14 over, but the fine will be for whatever you were clocked going.

keevo54
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
how much were you over......is this your first ticket? if it is plead no-lo and the points wont go on your license but you have to pay the fine...
If you plead nolo it will go on your record but won't have any points. For this speed there is no point in pleading nolo. Also, when I got my ticket as I was researching my ticket some people were gloating that they were able to plead no lo multiple times within the five year period for similiar offenses. As far as the court is concerned this is ok, but when it gets reported to the DMV it instantly goes down as a guilty plea.

ATK_Designs
04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I had a pretrial status conference with the prosecutor an politely asked to have the ticket lowered from 18 over to 14 over. The guy took a minute and then said sure. Interlude advice is very good and worked for me. They typically lower speeds from 15-19 over down to 14 over, but the fine will be for whatever you were clocked going.

I'm glad my advice worked for you. It's a little victory. Considering all the $$ saved from Insurance and no points = FTW.

w3bcod3r
04-16-2007, 02:31 PM
ma-a-annn... no-lo is given to you only once in your lifetime... why would you use it to throw a 16 over ticket away??? Now if it was to the point where you'll get your license suspended (27 and over) then i can understand that, but... yeah... 16 over??? It's gonna be around 140-160 bucks... call the County PD and give them the ticket # (right-top) and find out how much it was and pay the damn fined. Points... well it aint gonna hurt you much 1 out of 6...
You can try to fight it but judges in the most counties dont really take time for speeders. Gonna get into more shit than needed.

blaknoize
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Y not just pay it? Its not like its a HUGE ticket. Now gettin busted for going 100 in a 55 is harsh (I did that twice!!!)$450 in Kentucky; bout the same in Georgia. THEN u should have a lawyer. But for 16 over? Come on... Unless u just are determined to get out of it, just take it and wait a few years.

Broke240
04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
For just 16 over I would just pay it. The fine shouln't be too big and they won't take your license unless you have gotten a couple more speeding tickets recently.