PDA

View Full Version : MRE, what should I eat?

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm in the barracks. I can't leave. I've got a few MRE's in the chest.

Which should I eat?

Beef Ravioli in meat sauce
Meatloaf with brown onion gravy
Beefsteak restructured grill w/mush

None sound all that appetizing, but I'm starving...

MRE Shits FTL...
(if you've had these things, you know what I"m talkin' about)

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
The meatlof is the shit.

Then again, if you have cheese; I would go with the ravioli.

Lizbiz101
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Go for the meatloaf....they are all pretty nasty, but that's the one I'd eat.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Like the spicy cheese stuff? I think I ate that with a cracker, I don't know. Last FTX was a long one..

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Well if you already ate your cheese (you fucked up big btw) then I would take the meatloaf.

Liz, MREs really aren't bad at all. Most of them are starting to taste really good.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Well if you already ate your cheese (you fucked up big btw) then I would take the meatloaf.

Liz, MREs really aren't bad at all. Most of them are starting to taste really good.
Alot better than the old green ones, anyways...

That cheese is the shit, though. I'd never have thought to put it on ravioli, though...

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:23 PM
HA! WENT LOOKING FOR A SPOON! FOUND THE CHEESE!

Lizbiz101
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
I always ate the cheese with the crackers, and left it at that.Too bad you don't have a turkey tetrazini(sp?) one, that one was off the chain. I haven't had one in a while tho, I guess they are improving.

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Now heat both the cheese and the ravioli in the same heater package. Then open both of them and mix them together. It's the shit.

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I always ate the cheese with the crackers, and left it at that.Too bad you don't have a turkey tetrazini(sp?) one, that one was off the chain. I haven't had one in a while tho, I guess they are improving.

They don't serve that shit anymore. It really is a better menu.

bigdare23
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
all the above!

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
all the above!
Fatass...

Lizbiz101
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
They don't serve that shit anymore. It really is a better menu.

man that shit was good!! lol

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Vegetable Cheese Omelet.

and I wouldnt be eating those this late at night, that's alot of calories to consume before going to bed.

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
man that shit was good!! lol

The chicken tetrazini was better.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Vegetable Cheese Omelet.

and I wouldnt be eating those this late at night, that's alot of calories to consume before going to bed.
Very much agreed, but damn I'm hungry...

I'll probably stay up late in hopes to not sleep on quite so many...

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Vegetable Cheese Omelet.

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"B"
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Very much agreed, but damn I'm hungry...

I'll probably stay up late in hopes to not sleep on quite so many...

Eating one will be fine, just do PT in the morning. In Iraq I would eat them in the middle of the night for a snack.

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
when does your semester let out? If we ever meet, I'll give you a first strike!

They are tester meals that another company makes to change out the standard MRE. Comes with alot more food, well...better food, and doesn't stop you up too badly.

and btw, the chewing gum does not contain any fiber to make you shit...that's a old wives tail.

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was kidding....well, the pop tart is good, and so are the skittles that come with them...as for the rest, throw the omelet and hash brows as far as possible.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Eating one will be fine, just do PT in the morning. In Iraq I would eat them in the middle of the night for a snack.
That's right, I forgot you'd gone over. If I haven't said it before, thanks for serving. If I have...can't say it enough.

when does your semester let out? If we ever meet, I'll give you a first strike!
Uh...like 2 weeks

They are tester meals that another company makes to change out the standard MRE. Comes with alot more food, well...better food, and doesn't stop you up too badly.No shit... No literally, I can't shit, LoL.

I've heard of those, but I haven't got a chance to try one, yet.

and btw, the chewing gum does not contain any fiber to make you shit...that's a old wives tail.
Hadn't even heard of that, yet.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I was kidding....well, the pop tart is good, and so are the skittles that come with them...as for the rest, throw the omelet and hash brows as far as possible.
Haven't tried teh omelet. Heard rumors. I got one this past FTX. Chunked that shit. Kept poptart and skittles. Made for a good snack.

One thing that surprised me was the mashed potatos and bacon...that actually wasn't bad, at all!

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh, and yes, I have PT in the morning.

Had PT monday morning, PT tomorrow morning, and this morning was a PT test. I think they scheduled that shit because of easter. My bad for enjoying a ton of peeps and two huge friggin' easter dinners.

Results on PT test:

2minutes: 60push
2minutes: 60sit
2mile: 14:45

I'm coming down with some kind of tonsilitis or something...usually, though, I run just like a 14-0 in the 2mile.

My sit and push, I hit 60 and stopped, my grader was like "You've got like 45 seconds left (on each)" I was like "Yeah, but...I passed, and I know I don't have enough to max. 60's better than I did last time, and I'm satisfied seeing as this doesn't really count for anything for me..."

Lizbiz101
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...that goes for me too.

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Haven't tried teh omelet. Heard rumors. I got one this past FTX. Chunked that shit. Kept poptart and skittles. Made for a good snack.

One thing that surprised me was the mashed potatos and bacon...that actually wasn't bad, at all!

bah, those potatoes aren't good hot or cold, I usually just trade them out for sliced cranberries or fruit mix. I usually pick thru for chicken noodle, chic tetrazini, and cheese tortellini....the rest I will just trade or give away, I was very popular at BLOC for that.

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Had PT monday morning, PT tomorrow morning, and this morning was a PT test. I think they scheduled that shit because of easter. My bad for enjoying a ton of peeps and two huge friggin' easter dinners.

Results on PT test:

I'm coming down with some kind of tonsilitis or something...usually, though, I run just like a 14-0 in the 2mile.

My sit and push, I hit 60 and stopped, my grader was like "You've got like 45 seconds left (on each)" I was like "Yeah, but...I passed, and I know I don't have enough to max. 60's better than I did last time, and I'm satisfied seeing as this doesn't really count for anything for me..."

if you want to get the branch of your choice, better hit that 300 or higher.

what do you want to branch?

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
bah, those potatoes aren't good hot or cold, I usually just trade them out for sliced cranberries or fruit mix. I usually pick thru for chicken noodle, chic tetrazini, and cheese tortellini....the rest I will just trade or give away, I was very popular at BLOC for that.
BLOC? Cadet terms, please...

if you want to get the branch of your choice, better hit that 300 or higher.

what do you want to branch?
Could max if I wanted to...but honestly, I don't know anymore if I wanna commission...

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
BLOC = Basic Leader's Officer Course, you will do this once or if you comission.

Are you having doubts about ROTC? Can I ask what they are?

I will assure you that the real military life is nothing like what ROTC Command makes it out to be.

If you really want to know and get some extra money in your pockets, you should join the Guard, and goto basic summer and pick 11b for your mos so you would be back in time for school. You'd get paid while training, you'd get the first half of your bonus, and you'd get the g.i. bill and a kicker while in school, and it's only 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer....I did it, and it wasn't all that bad, it made me hate ROTC that much more....but I got more money than the contracted and scholarshiped cadets got....but you kind of see the silver lining in all the crap rotc sometimes feeds you

toonz
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Get a life!

Benefit
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
kidneys

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
kidneys
What?

Get a life!
I have one...this is it...

BLOC = Basic Leader's Officer Course, you will do this once or if you comission.

Are you having doubts about ROTC? Can I ask what they are?

I will assure you that the real military life is nothing like what ROTC Command makes it out to be.

If you really want to know and get some extra money in your pockets, you should join the Guard, and goto basic summer and pick 11b for your mos so you would be back in time for school. You'd get paid while training, you'd get the first half of your bonus, and you'd get the g.i. bill and a kicker while in school, and it's only 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer....I did it, and it wasn't all that bad, it made me hate ROTC that much more....but I got more money than the contracted and scholarshiped cadets got....but you kind of see the silver lining in all the crap rotc sometimes feeds you
Alright...

My doubts? Not so much doubts. I just hate being in the corps because they lock me down at 7 at night, and I have an 11pm bedtime. I'm 21...and I have a curfew. That's...crap...

I don't know, I guess I just want more of a college life than a military academy student's life...

"B"
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Results on PT test:

I remember doing the max for push-ups and sit-ups with 30 seconds remaining and they told me to keep going. I told my Platoon SGT, "Go eat a dick, we both know I can't run for shit with this bad knee".

He was my friend and we worked well together in the motorpool, so I got away with it. HAHA

bafbrian
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
It's BOLC not BLOC.

As for the MRE's, Beef Rav or Meatloaf are usually good.

But if can get your hands one, Beef Stew FTMFW!!!

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 10:45 PM
It's BOLC not BLOC.

As for the MRE's, Beef Rav or Meatloaf are usually good.

But if can get your hands one, Beef Stew FTMFW!!!
OMG THAT SHIT IS GOOD!

bafbrian
04-10-2007, 10:59 PM
OMG THAT SHIT IS GOOD!

Oh, I forgot about the Sphagetti with Meat Sauce, that stuff is really good when you put the cheese in it and let it melt. :D :bump:

ahmonrah
04-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Meatloaf with brown onion gravy

JUST ADD TOBASCO!!
and yeah, i know all about the MRE shatz..

bafbrian
04-10-2007, 11:44 PM
You got to drink lot water to help alleviate the constipation from the MRE; we are talking hella amounts of water though.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 11:54 PM
You got to drink lot water to help alleviate the constipation from the MRE; we are talking hella amounts of water though.
Gonna go fill up my canteen. I gotta piss, anyways.

bafbrian
04-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Gonna go fill up my canteen. I gotta piss, anyways.

Try a 5 gallon and that should either kill you, give you mad diarrhea, or balance it all out.

j/k, just drink slightly more water than usually to help push it through your system. Depending on your body, it should take about 7-10 hours to go through your system.

EvasiveEF9
04-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Try a 5 gallon and that should either kill you, give you mad diarrhea, or balance it all out.

j/k, just drink slightly more water than usually to help push it through your system. Depending on your body, it should take about 7-10 hours to go through your system.
I thought it was supposed to be more like 16-20hrs?

bafbrian
04-11-2007, 12:05 AM
I thought it was supposed to be more like 16-20hrs?

I could have sworn it was somewhere in the 7-10 hour range. It is probably all dependent on how much and how often you eat.

IDK, that is just what I can remember from memory.

EvasiveEF9
04-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Then again, I'm thinking normal food...MRE's have a VTEC system...or a turbo, not sure which.

bafbrian
04-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Then again, I'm thinking normal food...MRE's have a VTEC system...or a turbo, not sure which.

:thinking:

thought it was iVTEC with LHT supercharger. :ninja:

EvasiveEF9
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
:thinking:

thought it was iVTEC with LHT supercharger. :ninja:
No no no...

Jackson racing twin supercharger on a ford 302 with hemi pistons, rotary crank, VTEC and electric twin turbos. Oh, and it's powered by corn oil...

That's what I heard

SpecV_Scott
04-11-2007, 10:17 AM
OLD SCHOOL ALERT:

The best thing I ever had in an MRE was the fruit cocktail...but it was the freeze-dried kind. You were supposed to add water...but it was way better if you just ate it dry. It came in the "franfurters with bbq sauce" MRE.

"B"
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
The frankfurter MRE was nasty as fuck.